Patriot Mobile

Electric Vehicles here to stay, for good or bad?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Gotta say I'm seeing more Tesla's on the road around Houston, Katy.
    Gotta say I'm seeing more everyday. I live near The Woodlands and when I have business there, at any red light during heavy traffic, I can look around and sometimes see 10 Teslas. I'm south of The Woodlands, though, where they're a bit less common. I'm likely to see only 3 or 4 every time I go to HEB, which is less than 3 miles away.

Then again, I see lots of Maseratis, even a couple in my middle-class neighborhood. I always wondered about that. Then I realized that the Maserati dealership is very close, on a freeway access road about 4 miles from my house as the crow flies.

My point is that the location is important. Where there are lots of upper-middle-class people with money or wanting to look like they have money, you'll see Teslas. Where bangers want to look rich, you might see whatever is sold at the <insert uncommon but snazzy-sounding make> dealership if it's nearby.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    About 10 people I know have recently bought Teslas.
    Tesla owners are becoming sort of a cult, proselytizing all the time.

Wishing to stay culturally literate, I went and test drove one today.

Jeeeeeezzus......
    0-60 MPH between 2 massive electric motors in the diminutive little Model 3 in 3.2 seconds is just an indescribable exhilaration. And that's their entry level sedan.

Think how fast the chuck on your cordless Milwaukee drill reaches full speed and you will get the idea.

Never mind that the thing costs almost exactly the same as a new Ford Raptor.
    It is amazing.

The still-to-come high end Tesla Roadster will do 0-60 in 1.9 seconds. Go 250 MPH and drive from Austin to to a Beto rally in El Paso without stoping once!! Oh. It's expensive.

Just about all the auto makers are about to introduce their respective versions.
    I feel as if there is SOME merit to electric cars but im a diehard when it comes to combustion engine vehicles myself, be it ethanol to dead dino juice they will still be the common car id say.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Yesterday on I-10 I saw a brand new Tesla, paper tag, guy driving was looking at his phone. I imagine his car was driving itself.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Every day I see drivers looking at a phone while driving. It's as dangerous as drunk driving.
    I was first at a light a couple of days ago. I noticed the girl behind me was looking down, probably at her phone. No big deal; I was in front of her.

Light changes and I go. This stretch of road is very straight. In my rearview, I see her continue to sit there until the light changes again.

I generally think of it as rude to blow my horn at other cars but I've reached the point where I don't think twice about it when the driver in front of me is in a reverie.

I hate being forced to change like that. I was surprised that no one behind her has been changed like me.

Maybe they were all on their phones. :(

Last edited:

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    A big portion of the perceived EV popularity probably has to do with people looking for them more/they stand out because they look weird. As of last summer, the most current data I found, ALL EV’s, not just Tesla, accounted for less than 1/2% of registered vehicles in texas. I know there is a difference between their popularity in the city vs country, but even around Houston,I’ll probably pass 10 silverados for every 1 Tesla if I pay attention to what every vehicle is.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Not a tough guy but y’all are soft
    emoji23.png

Like way soft
    emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    <>

Yep, “soft” in the head !

<>

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    EVs continue to punish the unsuspecting.

At least 4 dead in NYC e-bike store fire, officials say
    'It is very clear that this was caused by lithium-ion batteries in e-bikes,' fire official says

From Jan. 1, 2021, through Nov. 28, 2022, there were at least 208 reports of fire or overheating incidents involving micro-mobility devices across the country, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission.

black_ice

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2017
    Gotta say I'm seeing more everyday. I live near The Woodlands and when I have business there, at any red light during heavy traffic, I can look around and sometimes see 10 Teslas. I'm south of The Woodlands, though, where they're a bit less common. I'm likely to see only 3 or 4 every time I go to HEB, which is less than 3 miles away.

Then again, I see lots of Maseratis, even a couple in my middle-class neighborhood. I always wondered about that. Then I realized that the Maserati dealership is very close, on a freeway access road about 4 miles from my house as the crow flies.

My point is that the location is important. Where there are lots of upper-middle-class people with money or wanting to look like they have money, you'll see Teslas. Where bangers want to look rich, you might see whatever is sold at the dealership if it's nearby.

I’m trying to figure out a place to live in Houston right now coming from Baton Rouge.

The city is so damn big and I have no idea which way to go at this point. I moved to Phoenix when I was 20 but that was 22 years ago.

Wife’s office will be off 45 between 99 and beltway 8. She said her only stipulation is she needs to be 30 minutes from the office.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom