Gun Zone Deals

Electric Vehicles here to stay, for good or bad?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • black_ice

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2017
    I doubt you saw 4 million teslas in Dallas 2 weeks ago, but when counting on your fingers a mistake is possible. I observed a number of teslas in Dallas during the day before my trip but much less than the 4 million you claim to have seen. Were they in Dallas for a convention?
    One my trip between Savannah and TN, I didn't drive thru Dallas and the truth is my dashcam shows the same vehicles (or lack there of) as I observed.

I’d bet 4 million that dollars that you passed more than a couple Teslas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    ARJ Defense ad

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    On Google maps if you search for ev charging stations, you can see where they are. Visiting upstate NY I was amazed how many there were near my location. I was doing it to show my brothers, the map shows how many at a particular station and how many were being used. Most weren't being used.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    On Google maps if you search for ev charging stations, you can see where they are. Visiting upstate NY I was amazed how many there were near my location. I was doing it to show my brothers, the map shows how many at a particular station and how many were being used. Most weren't being used.
    There's several good reasons that most aren't being used.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I'd dispute even that. Every urban commuter is going to want to occasionally take a long trip. EVs are second cars for affluent folks or shitboxes for much less affluent folks who know they'll never need to take any trip. In that latter case, I'm referring to folks who buy cars like the Nissan Leaf.

They are, however, ideal for commercial driving on more or less established routes. The Amazon vans, for example, seem essentially perfect for their assigned role.

This whole "convert everything to electric" schtick is a bad idea. And that's the way the green ideologues seem to be leaning...and winning over the public. :(
    Agree! Similar to a small non-EV I once owned that got over 40mpgs on my daily 130 mile commute. It was solely a commuter car and was never intended for long trips due to cramped size and rough ride. We had a decent secondary vehicle for trips.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Passed 4 million Teslas? That would be difficult. Only 1.91 million Teslas have been produced. You probably passes the same ones a few times….
    He seems to be challenged -mentally, ethically, or both. There's probably a place for him in DC, if biden is given another term.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The government should not be forcing this or any other agenda on the citizens
    They can't truly believe EVs are the future and ICEs will go the way of the dodo. If they did, they'd know that, in the future, no one would buy a house without charging equipment installed unless they got a big discount. That would be like trying to sell a house in Texas without AC.

They see it as their role to force the change they believe in.

That's not a good mindset for elected officials.

Then again, it's Illinois.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    I am sorry but EV's are being pushed on people whether they want them or not. Guess what? We really do not want them. Are there some members of society that could benefit from an EV, yes there is. Everyone needing an EV, pure horse-hoky.
    And isn't
    I doubt you saw 4 million teslas in Dallas 2 weeks ago, but when counting on your fingers a mistake is possible. I observed a number of teslas in Dallas during the day before my trip but much less than the 4 million you claim to have seen. Were they in Dallas for a convention?
    One my trip between Savannah and TN, I didn't drive thru Dallas and the truth is my dashcam shows the same vehicles (or lack there of) as I observed.
    There are a lot of tesla just on 75 everyday

black_ice

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2017

I’ll bet because I drive a Tesla I see them way more than you do.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    They can't truly believe EVs are the future and ICEs will go the way of the dodo. If they did, they'd know that, in the future, no one would buy a house without charging equipment installed unless they got a big discount. That would be like trying to sell a house in Texas without AC.

They see it as their role to force the change they believe in.

That's not a good mindset for elected officials.

Then again, it's Illinois.
    these green policians are idiotsthinking an ev will solve all pollution problems and that everyonewill be able to use one
    I’ll bet because I drive a Tesla I see them way more than you do.

um okay whatever!

black_ice

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2017
    these green policians are idiotsthinking an ev will solve all pollution problems and that everyonewill be able to use one

um okay whatever!

Man y’all are some soy boys up in this bitch

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom