Hurley's Gold

Electric Vehicles here to stay, for good or bad?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • black_ice

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2017
    I love this channel, the guy is seriously legit.

In this one, he added a turbo to a Kubota diesel engine…and put it in a Tesla :laughing:

He also completely fabricated the electronics to make it all work.

This happens with being bored, very mechanically inclined and having too much money, combined with getting clicks.

He reminds me of Jessie James switching from motor cycles to guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    The government is going start charging by miles driven so that cost would need to be figured in as well and that cost will only go up. Figure they will waste at least 40% or more.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I’m trying to figure out a place to live in Houston right now coming from Baton Rouge.

The city is so damn big and I have no idea which way to go at this point. I moved to Phoenix when I was 20 but that was 22 years ago.

Wife’s office will be off 45 between 99 and beltway 8. She said her only stipulation is she needs to be 30 minutes from the office.

You might want to look at champions forest . however there are a lot of new developments springing up on the grand parkway between 249 and 1-45 so you could look there as well

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    I’m trying to figure out a place to live in Houston right now coming from Baton Rouge.

The city is so damn big and I have no idea which way to go at this point. I moved to Phoenix when I was 20 but that was 22 years ago.

Wife’s office will be off 45 between 99 and beltway 8. She said her only stipulation is she needs to be 30 minutes from the office.

Somewhere on the Montgomery county side of the county line.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Ben, Cam, y'all lose power in last night's storm? We dropped at 9:41pm, didn't get power back until 10:19am. All those electric cars missing their charge window, oh the humanity :)

Slimshaddy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2023
    South Austin Texas
    China and India are making tiny EV's that are cheap, will we get them?
    As to power, electric motors produce max torque at 0 rpm, that's why trains are pulled by diesel/electric engines/motors.
    I read an article yesterday where an American company has come up with a new lithium battery that does not use exotic metals which will make production of car and home back up batteries much cheaper and reduce pollution during manufacture by several orders of magnitude.
    If I were king, every building in America would have to have solar panels installed.
    The Saudi and big oil can kiss my ass.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    If I were king, every building in America would have to have solar panels installed.
    That is a gobsmackingly bad idea.

Solar panels deployed in the Pacific Northwest or New England will never produce enough power to offset the carbon cost of manufacturing them. Not enough sunshine. So little, in fact, that the ROI for the building owners won't be a net positive until long after the panels will have aged into uselessness.

Solar panels make sense in much of the southwest. For the rest of the country? Not so much. Usually, not at all.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    That is a gobsmackingly bad idea.

Solar panels deployed in the Pacific Northwest or New England will never produce enough power to offset the carbon cost of manufacturing them. Not enough sunshine. So little, in fact, that the ROI for the building owners won't be a net positive until long after the panels will have aged into uselessness.

Solar panels make sense in much of the southwest. For the rest of the country? Not so much. Usually, not at all.
    There you go again. Confusing the liberals with facts.

Top Bottom