Not open for further replies.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Cuz they made in wuhan.

I was thinking about this as well and perhaps they are thinking it may get so bad that they feel they may not be able to get to the store in the next few weeks or that stores may even be closed for a period of time and/or that supplies may dwindle if supply chains fail. And perhaps it's just general panic with no reason at all.

Apparently there are 142 paper manufacturers in North America.
    https://paperonweb.com/ppmanf.htm#na

Allegedly, most have a plant dedicated to tissue paper (toilet tissue is a subset of tissue paper) production.

b717a63bca3d3c33a46b1d1430e39d9f.gif
    Guns International

Attachments

• b717a63bca3d3c33a46b1d1430e39d9f.gif
      b717a63bca3d3c33a46b1d1430e39d9f.gif
      841.8 KB · Views: 619

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    From what I have heard 90% of this is limited to Costco and mostly Asians and Mexicans, especially in California

Costco, yes but in Frisco it's soccer moms panic buying toilet paper and water. I was at Kroger last night and it's business as usual with plenty of both. But a social media site last night for soccer moms had verified toilet paper would be stocked overnight at Costco and a lot were planning to queue up before opening today.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I went out to vote earlier, and stopped by Sam's on the way home. I got the last big package of paper towels in the place, and they were out of toilet paper and bottled water. I have no idea how long they'd been out or if they will be restocking tonight, but they had none this afternoon.

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    I’m still trying to understand why in the name of all things holy people are stocking up with industrial quantities of asswipes for a respiratory illness.
    Probably more info than anybody wants but here goes... (not stocking up though, just keeping stock)

I could count on many pairs of hands the amount of times time I have sat on the shitter at my house to later discover that my 1 or 3 year old has soaked a half a damn roll of TP with water.

I have had to clean out the toilet that "got plugged" by my 6 or 7 year old only to remove a wad of TP the size of a football.

I could go on and on just about this topic. I buy the stuff in bulk because kids are great. Anybody that doesnt have any should have a couple. It is great.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    HEB here had everything earlier.

Same here. Water was hit pretty hard last night, but not near to what it was like before Harvey.

Apparently there are 142 paper manufacturers in North America.
    https://paperonweb.com/ppmanf.htm#na

Allegedly, most have a plant dedicated to tissue paper (toilet tissue is a subset of tissue paper) production.

View attachment 203504

You're replying to the wrong people. Maybe set up a booth at the paper goods aisle of your local grocery store. They are your target audience. I was simply trying to answer your question as to what might be going through their minds.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Probably more info than anybody wants but here goes... (not stocking up though, just keeping stock)

I could count on many pairs of hands the amount of times time I have sat on the shitter at my house to later discover that my 1 or 3 year old has soaked a half a damn roll of TP with water.

I have had to clean out the toilet that "got plugged" by my 6 or 7 year old only to remove a wad of TP the size of a football.

I could go on and on just about this topic. I buy the stuff in bulk because kids are great. Anybody that doesnt have any should have a couple. It is great.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

That’s ops normal in any household with at least one female living in, at least by me experience. But to empty a Costco in one day is not normal.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Apparently some brainiac employee at a sister facility was busted with an heb bag walking around stealing masks, hands sanitizer and anti viral wipes.

Last edited:

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    The Local Sams club (Richmond, TX) was out of water, Spam , Lysol and wipes . My biggest concern is that we are not hearing anything out of Mexico about the virus. As far as the Mortality rate goes, How aggressive was the Chinese treating the people who had the virus? did they even treat them ? Where are all those open border folks now ?

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    The Local Sams club (Richmond, TX) was out of water, Spam , Lysol and wipes . My biggest concern is that we are not hearing anything out of Mexico about the virus. As far as the Mortality rate goes, How aggressive was the Chinese treating the people who had the virus? did they even treat them ? Where are all those open border folks now ?
    Wait.
    SPAM?
    OMG, this just got real. Going to take inventory now...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom