• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    How aggressive was the Chinese treating the people who had the virus?
    ....did they even treat them ?
    Where are all those open border folks now ?
    Did you see the new "hospitals" <wink wink> that they built?

Did you see the 40 new crematories they brought in behind them?

You know...the ones for getting rid of animals <wink wink>
    Target Sports

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I am scared....

So far, 9 deaths from the virus in the U.S.!!!

Meanwhile, Chicago has had 81 homicides and Baltimore 53 in the first 63 days of this year.

I am scared to go to Baltimore or Chicago!

There’s only been 130 reported cases in the US.

So those 9 deaths represent a ~7% mortality rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    oh_noes.gif

Attachments

• oh_noes.gif
      oh_noes.gif
      37.4 KB · Views: 552

SlimJim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    US
    ...and my wife just came home from HEB.

Shelves fully stocked - Gas fully available...

Now, would you 'nannies' quitcher whinin...?

Buncha p's....
    I stocked up last week just in case except for TP. We have a package of six left. My wife says you better go to Costco and I tell her I won't be anywhere near one. She texted she bought some.
    We are all good now for this respiratory virus.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Just stopped by CVS to pick up a rx. They had plenty of everything. The sanitizing wipes were on sale. But 1 get another 1/2 off.

We went out to D&D in Sequin today and out of curiosity I decided to check the Home Depot there. Pretty much everything in stock, even some masks. I guess those outside the city limits didn't take the bait like the city folk. I was at the Lowes and HD by me a few days ago getting paint and the shelves were cleaned out of anything antibacterial/PPE wise. I think a lot of the shortages of that stuff were bought out by neck beards doing what neck beards do.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Up to 138 and 11. Nine deaths at one nursing home in WA state, which is an aberration and honestly the expected outcome for that population.

Brb...gotta run to Costco, heard they have TP back in stock.
    I have read that for most folks the symptoms are very mild. To a degree that they don't go to the doc and accordingly are not identified as Corona cases. Thus some are saying that the number of cases is being seriously under-reported, which causes the fatality rate to be over-stated.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I have read that for most folks the symptoms are very mild. To a degree that they don't go to the doc and accordingly are not identified as Corona cases...

Pull that thread a little further. The numbers I see are only ‘confirmed’ or ‘presumed confirmed’.

I have yet to see how many people have tested negative or have gone to the doc and had the virus ruled out. That’s a perspective that’s being missed.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Up to 138 and 11. Nine deaths at one nursing home in WA state, which is an aberration and honestly the expected outcome for that population.

Brb...gotta run to Costco, heard they have TP back in stock.

Doc said that almost all the deaths are elderly and those with compromised imune systems. "This isn't any worse than the flu..."

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    We went out to D&D in Sequin today and out of curiosity I decided to check the Home Depot there. Pretty much everything in stock, even some masks. I guess those outside the city limits didn't take the bait like the city folk. I was at the Lowes and HD by me a few days ago getting paint and the shelves were cleaned out of anything antibacterial/PPE wise. I think a lot of the shortages of that stuff were bought out by neck beards doing what neck beards do.

I keep a couple small bottles of the sanitizer in my car. I am almost out so I stopped at the following and they were out:

Home Depot
    Kroger
    Walmart (I saw a lady with the LAST 4, and asked where she got them. She said they were the last and gave me 2 of them.)

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Doc said that almost all the deaths are elderly and those with compromised imune systems. "This isn't any worse than the flu..."

It depends on what you mean by worse. More easily spread? Then it appears to be coronavirus. Causes more cases of serious illness? Then it’s flu.

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague

Glad you pointed that out. While I would hate to defend the virus itself the truth is if you wade through a nursing home with it a whole lot of people right there in that building are going to die.

So if you consider the nursing home actually one confined case then the numbers are 138 and 3 which comes out to .......oh guess what 2.2% .....just what it has always been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Glad you pointed that out. While I would hate to defend the virus itself the truth is if you wade through a nursing home with it a whole lot of people right there in that building are going to die.

So if you consider the nursing home actually one confined case then the numbers are 138 and 3 which comes out to .......oh guess what 2.2% .....just what it has always been.

Sidebar: Nursing Homes. Before my mother passed, she was in a pretty high-end and very highly rated nursing home. Mom was diagnosed C.diff after having been transported to the hospital for a different reason. That’s a pretty virulent and nasty infection, resulting in her being quarantined with no unprotected contact. The hospital staff said it was likely that most, if not all the nursing home residents would have C. diff in varying stages and had to notify the state and the facility.

When we brought this up with the nursing home staff and medical director, there position was that unless the patient was diagnosed in the facility then it wasn’t their problem to deal with and would take no action to remediate other than disinfect mom’s room. We decided then she would not be going back to that facility.

We let her friends know if they were having unresolved diarrhea to demand a C.diff test. They all came back positive. The facility only disinfected their rooms and took no further actions.

Having gone thru that experience, I’ll never let me or my loved ones be put in any assisted living or skilled nursing facility.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I wonder if nebulizers and hydrogen peroxide will catch on. Heard some doc on the radio a few days ago saying that 3% solution of HP inhaled though a nebulizer would help kill any virus and bacteria in your nasal passages and lungs. Never heard of this before and considering that if what he said was true, then wouldn't it be recommended for any respiratory infections like bronchitis, the common cold and flu! I kind of figured it might injure or even kill the person trying it but that is just my guess.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I wonder if nebulizers and hydrogen peroxide will catch on. Heard some doc on the radio a few days ago saying that 3% solution of HP inhaled though a nebulizer would help kill any virus and bacteria in your nasal passages and lungs. Never heard of this before and considering that if what he said was true, then wouldn't it be recommended for any respiratory infections like bronchitis, the common cold and flu! I kind of figured it might injure or even kill the person trying it but that is just my guess.
    I'm not sure I buy that. Hydrogen Peroxide is pretty delicate, and I can imagine the transducer having enough energy to make it revert to water and oxygen.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom