• ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    More from the unbelievable dept:

WSJ reports shooter used a drone several times in the days prior to perform aerial surveillance of the rally area, including the morning of the event.

DJTjr reports this on X:

Just to underscore how crazy this all is, I was once prevented flying MY OWN drone off of the beach at Mar-a-Lago by USSS because my father was inside the house… Now we have one literally scouting his speech!!

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    More from the unbelievable dept:

WSJ reports shooter used a drone several times in the days prior to perform aerial surveillance of the rally area, including the morning of the event.
    52235daa7629467902f98a84f9eb3e30.gif

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Starting to doubt this was just a deranged 20-year-old on a wild hair. Starting to seem he had help, direction, and training.
    What part would require outside help?

Rallies are announced ahead of time

A 20yo can drive over and scout the area

A 20yo can recognize there are no cops on THAT roof.

He had time to walk around and find a way up

A few security failures created an opportunity that someone had put themselves in a position to take advantage of. Ultimately there is nothing more to it than that.

Adding un-required complication just clouds facts.

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx

A few security failures created an opportunity that someone had put themselves in a position to take advantage of. Ultimately there is nothing more to it than that.

Much depends on timing. How long beforehand did secret service start preparing the area for the rally? I'm sure they don't allow just anyone also scouting that same area after they start preparing. Or least they shouldn't.

Just for reference: In 1979 Chinese president Xiaoping came to Seattle. I was working as a security guard at a Medical/Dental building about a block away from the Hotel he was supposed to arrive at. They had LE/snipers on the roofs days before his arrival. I saw them looking out the windows from several offices high up.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US

You say “a few security failures” like you’re talking about mall security.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    You say “a few security failures” like you’re talking about mall security.
    Why must you always be so acerbic?

But yes, there were only a few failures: one or two main primary and a few secondary. There are a couple other issues seen after the fact that weren't event specific like fubar holstering and being too short to protect the protectee...

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Why must you always be so acerbic?

But yes, there were only a few failures: one or two main primary and a few secondary. There are a couple other issues seen after the fact that weren't event specific like fubar holstering and being too short to protect the protectee...

The mistakes that were made should be beneath them. The quantity of mistakes is unacceptable from any professional. If anyone were paying for security that performed like this they would have fired several people for this. It’s not at all unreasonable to think there is more to this than just some nerdy kid who happened to get lucky and everything he did just magically worked due to a number of flaws in the security plan.

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    ... It’s not at all unreasonable to think there is more to this than just some nerdy kid who happened to get lucky and everything he did just magically worked due to a number of flaws in the security plan.
    Not unreasonable whatsoever, and yes, there was much more to this: A malevolent government that purposefully set the stage with limited resources, and fingers crossed, intentionally enabling a nerdy kid to get lucky.

Perpetual IMO applied.

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Starting to doubt this was just a deranged 20-year-old on a wild hair. Starting to seem he had help, direction, and training.
    What did he do that required ninja training from a super secret agency?

Many young people today know how to use drones. Drones are readily available. They can use the internet and read up on how assassinations have been done before.

Top Bottom