• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Thank you SO much for quoting the section of the PC that I pointed you to in the first place.

Actually, it is defined, also in the Penal Code, I won't specify exactly where; Shady can do his own damned research.

In brief, "A person acts knowingly, or with knowledge, with respect to the nature of his conduct or to circumstances surrounding his conduct when he is aware of the nature of his conduct or that the circumstances exist."

In the past, I've been given to understand that this is meant to draw a bright line between an action performed with intent of forethought as opposed to one occurring due to an accident, mistake, or other innocent reason.

For example, let's say that the Uvalde shooter had been 17 instead of 18, and Shady had sold him the AR. Do we think that, after an investigation turned up emails and phone GPS records that pointed to Shady as the seller, that his three-monkey "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" approach of "I didn't know because I never asked" would stand him on firm ground with the DA and the jury?

Hell no. He knowingly sold the firearm. That you don't actively look for road signs isn't going to let you skate a ticket for doing 70 in a 35. Willful ignorance is never going to work as an excuse.

Most of the law isn't written to tell you what you must do; the bulk of it is to tell you what you cannot do. Otherwise the statutes would be a factor of magnitude longer than they already are.

You can make up whatever makes you feel good FEELINGS.

The law is very clear and ya I quoted the law well because you wanted to interprete it to fit your feelings and not what it clearly says

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Some, would also have you believe 'you' as an individual have to perform some kinda 'background check' to sell a gun to an individual here in Texas.

NO, NO, NO you don't!

My gawd, the BS BOS requirement touted by some or a 'background check' for same, or nonsense about registering guns in Texas, or a need for an FFL for an individual to individual sale...this thread must be full out of commie-staters who spew their bs thinking it's the same here as from where they came from...for fk's sake, you're not in a commie state so please, quit spewing crap you know nothing about as to how it's done in Texas...

I am from California born and raised for almost 40 years.

I am just not one of the idiots that self impose stupid shit when dealing with gun sales

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    If I suspected it would be used in a crime I wouldn’t sell it
    [/QUOTE
    Bill of Sale was once recommended by Texas Law Shield attorneys but now they DO NOT recommend using one, mainly so you are not looked at as a dealer. Do what is required by law, no more-no less.
    99.99 percent of us on here don't do BOS. It provides nothing positive.

cbp210

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    So, what "future use" can you see for a bill of sale? (other than proving to the jury that you sold a gun to a guy that massacred a bunch of nuns)
    That I no longer have this gun and sold it to a certain person. I only sold 3 guns in my lifetime and only one involved a BOS and no massacre involved.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    If I suspected it would be used in a crime I wouldn’t sell it

So you are like Trump when he said something like take the guns and ask questions later.

Let's punish someone before the crime is committed.

And yes I am voting trump I have every time he has been on the ballot

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Ah hah! NOW it's all much clearer! Hell, if I'd known sooner I would have had a much lower expectation in this conversation.
    And the California guy is the one saying don't complicate gun sales by adding shit that is not in the law

Unlike the the guy saying i am all for the 2nd amendment BUT we need more rules to buy and sell guns.

I am more Texan than a large portion of native Texans.

Ahhhh I see you are a Huston guy that explains it.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    How many people get a bill of sale when selling a gun? Has anyone ever come asking about a gun you sold?

Exceedingly few people make a purchase contingent on a Bill of Sale.

In fifty years, I’ve never had an LEO cine asking about a gun I used to own. Had a car pnce that was sold but title never got transferred nor registration renewed. It was used in a bank robbery in Austin; cops came asking about that one. Short, simple conversation that resulted in a nothingburger.

I’ve sold/traded more guns than cars.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Exceedingly few people make a purchase contingent on a Bill of Sale.

In fifty years, I’ve never had an LEO cine asking about a gun I used to own. Had a car pnce that was sold but title never got transferred nor registration renewed. It was used in a bank robbery in Austin; cops came asking about that one. Short, simple conversation that resulted in a nothingburger.

I’ve sold/traded more guns than cars.

The city came after me for unpaid parking tickets for a car I traded into a dealership two years prior.

I wasn't aware I had to "deregister" it with the state as I thought the dealer did so when they transferred the title.

I send the city a copy of the invoice for the new car which showed my trade in (including the VIN), and never heard anything after that.

I still makes me sad, as it was a great car (VW Passat wagon with a VR6!).

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Problem is so bad they created a FORM to notify state you no longer own vehicle. Of course you should fill this out.

I would also take the plates and scrape off the registration sticker.

Lots of folks will continue to drive if it has plates and a valid sticker, and you will get billed for the tickets, tolls, etc.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    The city came after me for unpaid parking tickets for a car I traded into a dealership two years prior.

I wasn't aware I had to "deregister" it with the state as I thought the dealer did so when they transferred the title.

I send the city a copy of the invoice for the new car which showed my trade in (including the VIN), and never heard anything after that.

I still makes me sad, as it was a great car (VW Passat wagon with a VR6!).
    One thing I don't like in TX, selling your car and leave the plates on hoping the new owner does the right thing. In NY you removed the plates when you sold it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom