• Status
    Not open for further replies.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    The BOS also looks really cool with their power armor, and they have liberty prime. Of course I'm going to side with the faction that has an 80ft tall robot that throws nuclear bombs like Tom Brady and spouts inspirational messages like "Death is a preferable alternative to communism", "Communism is a lie", or "Tactical assessment: red chinese victory... impossible".

If you don't side with the BOS, do you know what that makes you? A filthy communist. But that's ok. The book chute has the solution.

Screenshot_20240824_225726_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    I do--and I believe importantly so--keep a detailed database of all my meaningful possessions: you know, computers, furniture, metals, jewelry, guns, ammo... When I sell or acquire a firearm the date, the type of transaction, the serial numbers, the components of a build, etc. all get recorded. I can tell you how much I paid in 2007 for a specific case of S&B .45 ACP. But the buyer's name doesn't go in there because I don't legally have to record it. And I don't want to.
    That's all fine and well, but you better get it out&off of your devices. Print a copy, do updates by hand.

Sigh... never mind. Likely everything you'll do or have done is already out there anyway. Cloud, anyone?

Funny as hell some are so worried (either way) about a scrap of paper with info on it when their entire life movements are digitally discoverable.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Years ago I sold a Heritage revolver, met a guy in Gander Mtn parking lot. He handed me a paper with his name, address and Dl number. I still have it in the desk. Didn't ask for it he volunteered it. In the past few months I've sold 3 pistols and just looked at their Dl, probably should have brought my reading glasses. Members on here so I think honorable.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Sure it's a been there, done that thing, but we came down kinda quick on @xsefan doncha think? @General Zod, despite battling COVID had the best advice.

But @billtool is right: not in his simile but (no pun intended) in its intent: it's a mutual thing if anybody wants it. Absolutely not needed for private sales. For either party.

I don't sell to or acquire from a lot of private parties, but I've only done a signed bill of sale once in maybe 20 years, and that was because the buyer thought it would be a good idea.

I do vet a buyer to the best of my ability. LTC preferred. Tells me you're regularly subject to background checks. If you show up with no ID, face tattoos, and pants 4 inches below your underwear...no sale.

I do--and I believe importantly so--keep a detailed database of all my meaningful possessions: you know, computers, furniture, metals, jewelry, guns, ammo... When I sell or acquire a firearm the date, the type of transaction, the serial numbers, the components of a build, etc. all get recorded. I can tell you how much I paid in 2007 for a specific case of S&B .45 ACP. But the buyer's name doesn't go in there because I don't legally have to record it. And I don't want to.

So adding a ID requirement is ok but a bill of sale is not

They are both stupid things gun owners do to complicate a simple thing.

Give cash get gun thems da rules of law regarding transferring a firearm in TX.

But it's a free country for now so you are welcome to make it as complex as you want

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    So adding a ID requirement is ok but a bill of sale is not

They are both stupid things gun owners do to complicate a simple thing.

Give cash get gun thems da rules of law regarding transferring a firearm in TX.

But it's a free country for now so you are welcome to make it as complex as you want
    cash & gun, swap hands - end of transaction. No reason to complicate it.

jnynetwk

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2023
    Victoria, TX
    I appreciate the question. I get it has been hashed over a million times on this forum. But as a relatively new addition to Texas, and this site, it never would have occurred to me to search for this topic. So, when someone asks the question, I was like "oh, that's good to know".

I won a .22 rifle in a raffle that a friend of mind really admired. He was visiting from OK, I gave it to him because I didn't really need it. I think there is very little chance he's going crime-ing with the .22 but, I made a bill of sale just to document he bought it in Texas, and I wasn't selling rifles across state lines. So, to me, the question was interesting and relevant to newcomers that might not have thought about searching for the answer.

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I appreciate the question. I get it has been hashed over a million times on this forum. But as a relatively new addition to Texas, and this site, it never would have occurred to me to search for this topic. So, when someone asks the question, I was like "oh, that's good to know".

I won a .22 rifle in a raffle that a friend of mind really admired. He was visiting from OK, I gave it to him because I didn't really need it. I think there is very little chance he's going crime-ing with the .22 but, I made a bill of sale just to document he bought it in Texas, and I wasn't selling rifles across state lines. So, to me, the question was interesting and relevant to newcomers that might not have thought about searching for the answer.
    There is no registration of firearms in this state, so even if you fill out a 4473, it doesn't mean it has to remain in your possession.

Edit: There is no requirement to register.

Last edited:

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Obviously with some fallout titles, like tactics (which is non-canon) the BOS definitely has a darker side, where they basically enslave settlements. However we know much of tactics is non canon, though some elements remain based off random voice lines and terminal entries in 3, NV, and 4. People will criticize Bethesda for milking the BOS, but i think Bethesda has crafted a far more intresting faction than what Interplay ended up doing.

I hope the TV show doesn't bring back the enclave. I feel that if you repeat a threat in a story, the impact of their threat is reduced. We've already beat the enclave once in fallout 2 and again in fallout 3.

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    Obviously with some fallout titles, like tactics (which is non-canon) the BOS definitely has a darker side, where they basically enslave settlements. However we know much of tactics is non canon, though some elements remain based off random voice lines and terminal entries in 3, NV, and 4. People will criticize Bethesda for milking the BOS, but i think Bethesda has crafted a far more intresting faction than what Interplay ended up doing.

I hope the TV show doesn't bring back the enclave. I feel that if you repeat a threat in a story, the impact of their threat is reduced. We've already beat the enclave once in fallout 2 and again in fallout 3.
    You're smoking the good shit again, aren't ya.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom