• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mohawk600

Anti-woke
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Guns in Texas that are registered, guns registered in Texas, semantics.
    I'm curious as to how anyone could compile these numbers? Its not a matter of semantics..........I'm calling bullshit on the number and the fact that it can even be arrived at.

Let's say someone moves to Texas with a gun registered in another state that requires it to be registered. How is that gun reported to be in Texas when Texas does not require reporting? Every state that requires registration and has residents migrate to Texas reports the move to some secret central data collection agency? What happens when those guns are sold in Texas? What happens when those guns have passed through several owners hands and move out of Texas? What happens when God forbid, those guns are stolen and truly lost track of?

No, friend, not semantics. I don't even believe that the number of guns once registered in other states which are now or ever were (allegedly) in Texas can even be accurately determined.

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I'm curious as to how anyone could compile these numbers? Its not a matter of semantics..........I'm calling bullshit on the number and the fact that it can even be arrived at.

Let's say someone moves to Texas with a gun registered in another state that requires it to be registered. How is that gun reported to be in Texas when Texas does not require reporting? Every state that requires registration and has residents migrate to Texas reports the move to some secret central data collection agency? What happens when those guns are sold in Texas? What happens when those guns have passed through several owners hands and move out of Texas? What happens when God forbid, those guns are stolen and truly lost track of?

No, friend, not semantics. I don't even believe that the number of guns once registered in other states which are now or ever were (allegedly) in Texas can even be accurately determined.
    What? Like the government would never collude with the media?

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

Calm down. I am pretty sure that number is NFA items ( which all get lumped into “firearms”)
    Couple of seconds on search gets this
    IMG_8943.png

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX

Also must subtract those lost in boating accidents!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom