• ...and so much more!
  • V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Whenever I am in large groups of people, it seems we Vet's always find each other and never treat each other as strangers.

I am proud to be associated with such men.

ArmyZach

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Joshua
    I was wearing my oath keeper shirt at Wal-Mart the other day and had conversations with another Army guy and a Marine. I used small words for the Marine. ;-)
    It is cool to connect with vets.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I hope that todays active duty and veterans think more critically of their duties and defy unlawful orders against the citizens
    unfortunately we have a bad history of doing just the opposite.

look at the WWI Bonus Veterans that our standing Army attacked and killed in 1932 for protesting in Washington.

Remember Kent State and of course the aftermath of hurricane Katrina when our troops participated in mayor Nagins illegal gun grab

I don't hold out much hope, but I pray for the best, should it come down to it.
    I took the oath back in 86 and I didn't think much about it back then, I was only 18
    today it means more to me than it did back then, I understand the consequences of it more, I should say

Last edited:

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I hope that todays active duty and veterans think more critically of their duties and defy unlawful orders against the citizens

look at the WWI Bonus Veterans that our standing Army attacked and killed in 1932 for protesting in Washington.

Remember Kent State and of course the aftermath of hurricane Katrina when our troops participated in mayor Nagins illegal gun grab

I don't hold out much hope, but I pray for the best, should it come down to it.
    I took the oath back in 86 and I didn't think much about it back then, I was only 18
    today it means more to me than it did back then, I understand the consequences of it more, I should say

With Katrina, there were two movements on firearms, The first was to take them from abandoned houses that the crooks were breaking into to to steal so the could shoot at us (ROE forbade return fire). The second was the door to door seizures. The troops only were involved in the first and all of those guns got taken to the PD with addresses of where they came from so they could be returned.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    With Katrina, there were two movements on firearms, The first was to take them from abandoned houses that the crooks were breaking into to to steal so the could shoot at us (ROE forbade return fire). The second was the door to door seizures. The troops only were involved in the first and all of those guns got taken to the PD with addresses of where they came from so they could be returned.

bullshit, the National Guard was involved in taking guns from citizens as well as state troopers from several different states
    Fox News reported that
    N.O. Police Returning Guns Confiscated Post-Katrina | Fox News
    hundreds of those guns never made it back to the owners. They were left locked up in outbuildings, stuffed into cardboard drums and they rusted badly.
    About 700 of the estimated 1000 guns were offered to be claimed but the owner had to present a bill of sale or an affidavit with the guns serial number on it. The NRA sent people to go through them and try to return them to the owners but many of them were rusted to the point that they couldn't be identified.

I have the NRA Magazine, Americas 1st Freedom that had the photos of the storage buildings and the guns stuffed in the barrels.
    There are also first hand accounts of St Tammany Sherriff Deputies taking guns from citizens after the storm and refusing to give receipts for them. When one of them ask how he was supposed to get his gun back, they told him to get a lawyer.

The 2A abuses by all of the organizations involved after Katrina are all very well documented. No way for any of them to go back now and try to change history and say they weren't involved.

Last edited:

filmtex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    San Antonio area

I assure you. The two young men in our family who are proudly serving in the US Navy take their oaths very, very seriously. I had many long conversations with our youngest, who graduated from bootcamp last week, about the oath he took. He understands completely what it means and what he should be thinking about as he serves our country. ALL the men in our family from my grandfather, to my father, to me, as well as our sons, have all taken the same oath and hold the Constitution dear to our hearts. As far as I'm concerned, it's likely that our best hope for the future of our country lies in those men and women now serving in the military.

Last edited:

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    We need high ranking leaders in the military who start refusing unlawful orders.

I'm glad a lot of regular servicemen are oath keepers but we need some currently serving flag officers to refuse to carry out orders against our constitution.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    How about General Ham and Admiral Gaoette were relieved in the bengazi scandal for refusing to obey orders-orders they believed were unconstitutional.

General Ham was head of AFRICOM and Admiral Gaoette was in command of carrier strike group three deployed in middle eastern waters at the time.

The thing with people being relieved in the military is you don't hear about it in the news unless its related to another big story. The govt likes to keep those under wraps to prevent us from looking weak to other countries.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    How about General Ham and Admiral Gaoette were relieved in the bengazi scandal for refusing to obey orders-orders they believed were unconstitutional.

General Ham was head of AFRICOM and Admiral Gaoette was in command of carrier strike group three deployed in middle eastern waters at the time.

The thing with people being relieved in the military is you don't hear about it in the news unless its related to another big story. The govt likes to keep those under wraps to prevent us from looking weak to other countries.

I'm still connected to that world but haven't studied up on that. I suppose a lot of high ranking guys are forced to retire too.

ArmyZach

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Joshua
    Just got in a sticker pack and new shirt from oath keepers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station

General Ham was not only relieved but was arrested by his 2nd who then took his position. Then we was transported back to the States and thats the last i had heard about him.

zenfly

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    We need high ranking leaders in the military who start refusing unlawful orders.

I'm glad a lot of regular servicemen are oath keepers but we need some currently serving flag officers to refuse to carry out orders against our constitution.

Ditto...

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    General Ham was not only relieved but was arrested by his 2nd who then took his position. Then we was transported back to the States and thats the last i had heard about him.
    The story goes:
    General Ham as head of Africom received the same e-mails the White House received requesting help/support as the attack was taking place. General Ham immediately had a rapid response unit ready and communicated to the Pentagon that he had a unit ready.

General Ham then received the order to stand down. His response was to screw it, he was going to help anyhow. Within 30 seconds to a minute after making the move to respond, his second in command apprehended General Ham and told him that he was now relieved of his command.
    ...but it's not really clear if that actually happened or not. No one knows the source of that story and there's several other accounts stating it did not happen that way. This seems like kind of a big deal and I'm not sure why, if it's being covered up, more people wouldn't speak up about it. Actually, I have some ideas why but I would think that someone who has the courage to disobey orders to do the right thing would have the courage to tell the truth.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom