• ...and so much more!
  • TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    i served 21 years, i took SEVERAL oaths

i'm sorry you feel that my opinion isnt worthy of participating in the discussion

i'm not worried about posting what is popular - simply what is right

i clearly said that the principle itself is fine - and one i support .....but claiming that an oath somehow obligates you beyond your period of service - is incorrect

i'm sorry that reality and facts seem to bother you so much

Nobody claimed they were obligated.
    Texas SOT

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    i think you guys are getting all butt hurt over nothing

i think its great you want to defend the constitution.......dont stand by and do nothing

however - if you took an oath of enlistment - and you are no longer in uniform - be it guard, reserve, active, whatever - that oath no longer applies for its original intent

if the principle of the oath itself is how you live - then GREAT - but there is no obligation and there is no legal defense when need one - its really that simple

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    i think you guys are getting all butt hurt over nothing

i think its great you want to defend the constitution.......dont stand by and do nothing

however - if you took an oath of enlistment - and you are no longer in uniform - be it guard, reserve, active, whatever - that oath no longer applies for its original intent

if the principle of the oath itself is how you live - then GREAT - but there is no obligation and there is no legal defense when need one - its really that simple

First, where the hell do you keep coming up with this "legal defense" BS. Don't put words in our mouths.

Secondly, no oath is legally binding. That's why we have written contracts. But it is morally binding and those of us with high moral standards will continue to stand by the oath we made.

If that makes you get all "butt hurt" about it, I apologize.

It's really that simple.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    when somebody says "i took that oath for life...." and some of the other things in the OP - and following responses - it sure seems as if some of you are using the oath as a continuing obligation

i'm not butthurt at all - its a different point of view - i can handle it....

Jeffrey

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Longview, Tx
    sometimes reality sucks

i'm all for the sentiment expressed in the OP - but when somebody says "my oath didnt expire"

that is not legally or technically true

if you say "my principles align with the oath"......then sure

Are you a lawyer or something? I'm sure you're a cool guy in real life, but this hair splitting is tiresome. Really. Just let it go.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    i'm not trying to be overly legalistic, argumentative, or a jerk

there's a lot of misinformation all over the internet

as i said repeatedly - i'm all for ANYBODY defending the constitution - thats an inherent right and responsibility we all have and should honor

the tone of the OP bothered me - while i dont apologize for my message - i will apologize that a dissenting opinion caused so much heartache

in the future i'll be the best rah rah cheerleader/sunshine pumper i can be!!! :)

Top Bottom