• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    "I, James Holman, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

That is the oath I took On Dec 29, 2004 and that oath has no expiration date. I know this is the same oath that all other veterans have taken at least once in their lives. Now the constitution that we swore to support and defend against all enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC, is under attack. And there are many that are just standing by and watching it happen without standing up to stop it and even worse there are those out there that are supporting this attack.

So to those of you that took this oath do these words mean nothing to you? It is time to stand and uphold your oath, and for those that never served it doesn't mean that you can't stand side by side with those that have to defend our nation and the ideas it was built upon.
    Currently there are over 22 Million veterans and over 2 Million service members currently serving. That's around 25 Million people alive that have taken this oath. If we all stand by our oath and let our voice be heard it will be hard for those in Washington to continue this attack. All veterans and service members need to call their Congressmen and Senators and let them know that you will not stand by and watch our constitution be attacked. Pass this on to all the veterans that you know and start making those phone calls, i already have.
    Target Sports

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Unfortunately the "defend the Constitution" part and the "obey the orders of the President" part may conflict with each other :p

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I have taken this oath as well in 2006. Unfortunately I have to agree at this point in time that defending the constitution and obeying the orders of the president are not hand in hand. I got off active duty this time last year and I am currently in the guard. My stand point on the subject is pretty well excepted by most other service members that I know. Hopefully all this will die down by the new year.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    "I will obey the orders of the President of the United States ...according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice."

The attack against the Constitution is an unlawful order and as such you do not have to follow it per the UCMJ.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Took it Feb 11, 2002 and have not forgotten. Glad I'm not the only one still in the fight.

To those hoping it will blow over, I strongly urge you to become involved and help stop this advance against our rights. It is easier to defend something than it is to get it back.

Radarscratch

I void warranties.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Westminster
    Thank you all who have served or are currently serving on this forum. I almost joined the Navy back in 89, have regreted not joining.

My son and are heavily involved in the United States Naval Sea Cadet Corp. He is a Petty Officer and I'm a Instructor. My son wants to join the Navy after graduation. I am proud of him.

All citizens should take that oath as well. I don't agree with Heinlein on a lot of things he writes, but i do agree that Service should be mandatory.

Sent from my own insanity via Tapatalk

Last edited:

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    The service is not for everyone and while I do believe its put up or shut up service should not be mandatory, that is one of the freedoms we enjoy. If you wanna join good on you but nobody should be forcing you on the matter, I could see our military being way less efficient with more people who don't wanna be there just riding their time out.

Old Timer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Rio Grande Valley
    I got a draft notice in the mail in 1965. I was about half way through jump school at Ft. Benning at the time. I wrote back and told them where I was and what I was doing and asked if they wanted me to come home and report to the draft board. They declined. :D:D:D

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I took this oath in 1968. At that time it seemed pretty clear to me. I will still defend the constitution, but I am unsure aboutserving the current bunch of C.I.C.s. I personally feel a requirement for being President of the United States should serving in our Military. At least they would know and understand the implications of sending our military into battle.
    The all volunteer military is the way to go. Back in the 60's we had people in the Army that had to choose between going to jail and enlisting in the Army. It was not a fun time.

Last edited by a moderator:

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I never served - I was in Air Force ROTC in college and on my way to a commission when I pulled every tendon in both shins and effectively ended my ability to run any distance at all. This effectively ended the military career I had been working toward as well.

But I had taken that oath before the injury and I still stand by it.

You're right, it has no expiration date.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Some of us took this oath of Office . I stand by mine.
    “I, Michael Roper (SSAN), having been appointed an officer in the Army of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of 2LT do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God.”

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    21 years in the Army...i raised my hand a few times, and got to actually administer that oath

i've written my elected representatives....weeks ago

digitaltrip

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Mesquite
    I never served myself. Powerful words in the oath though. Thank you to all who have served.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Top Bottom