• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Unfortunately the "defend the Constitution" part and the "obey the orders of the President" part may conflict with each other :p

There is a reason "Defend the Constitution" comes BEFORE "Obey the orders of the president". In this case, a president acting as a dictator, making illegal executive orders.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    I have never served, and probably never will, unless fate takes me down that road, but I will stand by the same oath taken as our service members.

erratadata

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    NW SAN Antonio
    July 27th 1976. More devoted to it today, than I was then. My understanding of it has developed over the years, and that has solidified my resolve.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I've seen some shabby shxt in my 66 years. Most of the time, when a politician pulled something shady, they would lie, deny or claim ignorance. I have never seen a politician take a dump on the Bill of Rights by claiming that Constitutionally guaranteed rights are obsolete and no longer relevant. Obama is the worst, the most blatant and most dangerous threat to our Constitution and Bill of Rights that I've seen in my life time.

Other than the Pledge of Allegiance, I took no oath. I can see where it would be hard to keep that promise with Obama in office.

Flash

preyn2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Burnet
    My Dad told me one time about his oath of enlistment, and that when he got out, "they never unswore me."

I swore in March 1985, and when I got out, they never unswore me either.

ophart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I have taken that oath several times, beginning in Jan 1965. Unfortunately, the President and congressfolk also took virtually the same oath, yet it seems to mean nothing to them. They, the president, and the Supreme Court justices seem to me to be the greatest domestic enemies to our Constitution. Thanks to each of you who served, past or present. Maybe someday we'll get our nation back.

zenfly

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Good point! Everyone has the responsibility to not follow unlawful orders.

All the wars are unlawful according the the Constitution if you really study them and who got rich from them.. The most recent wars are criminal.. When you sign to join the military you give up your Constitutional rights and follow orders right or wrong or go to jail right ?.. Many don't realize you give up your rights when you sign for a drivers license and is why you are not allowed a trial by jury(your rights again)and can be railroaded by one judge and their codes..

I'm new here and I'll likely post this again when people are unclear as to what you rights really are.. This is a class by Carl Miller that he has been paid many times for but feels it so important to Americans now that he put it up here for free.. Your loving govt doesn't want you to know any of this...

Know Your Constitution - Carl Miller Part 1 of 3 - YouTube

Post #2 hit it right on the head "Unfortunately the "defend the Constitution" part and the "obey the orders of the President" part may conflict with each other"

Last edited:

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    All the wars are unlawful according the the Constitution if you really study them and who got rich from them.. The most recent wars are criminal.. When you sign to join the military you give up your Constitutional rights and follow orders right or wrong or go to jail right ?.. Many don't realize you give up your rights when you sign for a drivers license and is why you are not allowed a trial by jury(your rights again)and can be railroaded by one judge and their codes..

I'm new here and I'll likely post this again when people are unclear as to what you rights really are.. This is a class by Carl Miller that he has been paid many times for but feels it so important to Americans now that he put it up here for free.. Your loving govt doesn't want you to know any of this...

Know Your Constitution - Carl Miller Part 1 of 3 - YouTube

That is completely wrong, you do not give up your rights and it is even spelled out in the UCMJ that orders of an unlawful nature do not have to be follow. You can not and will not be put in jail for disobeying an unlawful order. I speak from experience, the division CG tried to take away the rights of wounded warriors when they got assigned to the WTU he wanted them to surrender all personally owned weapons. It was an unlawful order and not only did i tell my 1SG to go to hell when he relayed the order i took it straight to JAG and IG. That order went away less than 24hrs after it was given.

If you live in a private residence your chain of command or the MPs still cant enter your home without a warrant, thats another right that isnt given up.

You still cant be made to testify against yourself in any trial, hey there's another one.

You cant be forced to quarter other soldiers in you home, damn one more.

You still get a jury trial if you are court martialed, damn i have yet to find one that you lose.

The closest thing to losing a right is the 1st amendment, but that is only in select situations.

So please if you dont know what the hell your talking about please keep your hair brained ideas to yourself.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    You didn't listen to Carl who will tell a different story than the one you've been told..

I don't want to get banned here for telling what I think is the truth and what I believe..

I got banned from the FL gun forum by a ex military moderator for posting this book..

War Is a Racket (Large Print 16pt) - Smedley D. Butler - Google Books

Has nothing to do with "what ive been told" its what i have lived. Again if you dont know what the hell your talking about keep your hair brained ideas to yourself.

zenfly

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Has nothing to do with "what ive been told" its what i have lived. Again if you dont know what the hell your talking about keep your hair brained ideas to yourself.

There is one side of the story.. one life.. one person that has lived it and I hear ya' because I've heard it before.. You are not alone in your thinking but the honorable Smedley Butler and Carl Miller are both soldiers and have a different story about the oath..

So "Again if I dont know what the hell I'm talking about keep my hair brained ideas to myself." But they aren't mine.. I'm not that smart.. These are the ideas of decorated soldiers that wrote books and teach college courses.. An open mind is a good thing..

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    There is one side of the story.. one life.. one person that has lived it and I hear ya' because I've heard it before.. You are not alone in your thinking but the honorable Smedley Butler and Carl Miller are both soldiers and have a different story about the oath..

So "Again if I dont know what the hell I'm talking about keep my hair brained ideas to myself." But they aren't mine.. I'm not that smart.. These are the ideas of decorated soldiers that wrote books and teach college courses.. An open mind is a good thing..
    You kind of lose me at "teach college courses." I took the oath in 1974, with the promise from the NCO's in the room that "all our happy asses would be in Vietnam within 6 months." They were wrong. There was no will to win in the leaders we were sworn to uphold the Constitution for. At 58 I find myself in college again. I like what I'm learning. But there is an agenda among the staff. If your invited to "teach" something you can be sure it fits their subversive agenda. College staff dream of utopia. The way to utopia is communism. They don't do, so they think they will be in charge of utopia. Even though history teaches that the scholars are more often then not the first to be eliminated. If the old regime could not trust them then why would the new one. Its what makes Obama so dangerous, he is not a doer yet he is in charge. College staff love him. Anybody that can supply a whole lot of what the military needs is going to make money. Its the American way. We are not indentured servants. The oath should be our creed as Americans, however in this free(er) society there is no way to require this. The oath did have an expiration date. The end of your contract. For those of us that did not retire from the military, was most often the end of our inactive reserve commitment. Beyond that being American has to be enough.

alaska1996

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Do you have to be in service to take the oath, I have many years before I join.

My dad took the oath in 92 and lives by it even though he's retired.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    You're never too young to take a personal oath to yourself, your state, or your nation. As long as you believe in it and are willing to stick to it, then so be it! :)

Top Bottom