• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    On all the pockets and to cover the zipper on the jacket.

Loud as ****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ARJ Defense ad

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Velcro sounds interesting. Exactly where do they use it?

For shining boots when short on time, we'd do a quick buff with polish and a brush and then use liquid floor wax polish. Wipe it on, a little wipe with a dry rag, and instant shine. This was typically just used on the inspection set of boots since those hardly ever got worn.
    Hook and loop fastener is used on almost all the pockets except for the hand warmers. Also to affix patches for rank, branch, name, unit and combat patch.

The new one has hook and loop fastener in almost all the same spots but zippers on the sleeves instead of a flap and thats about all i remember thats different.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    So that means no one ever needs to reach in their pocket to retrieve something in a situation where you might not want to make any noise?

From an operating in the field perspective, this just sounds stupid. Or am I missing something?

We didn't have all those cool patches when I was in. We just used metal pins on the collars to attach rank chevrons. The USMC on the pocket was an iron on thing.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    So that means no one ever needs to reach in their pocket to retrieve something in a situation where you might not want to make any noise?

From an operating in the field perspective, this just sounds stupid. Or am I missing something?

We didn't have all those cool patches when I was in. We just used metal pins on the collars to attach rank chevrons. The USMC on the pocket was an iron on thing.
    Most of us just sew everything on except the sleeves. The only things really pinned on are ranks on the pc(cover/patrol cap) or skill badges.

Half of the things you dont have to wear but its highly suggested especially in certain divisions on down.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I just took a 5 part test by the university of Cambridge. It took me all day since I had to keep taking breaks for work. This test is designed to see where you stand with empathy and systemizing, then have you listen to and give feedback to different types of music for a study they're doing on how music affects those two personality traits.

I BOMBED my score for being empathetic. I got lower than the average extremely low range. I did pretty good with systemizing though. Got higher than the average extremely high range. I put this in here because I can remember when I used to be more empathetic...and I remember the time frame in the military when I felt it slowly go away.

Anyone else have this happen?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If I answer people will think I'm a (more) horrible person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I just took a 5 part test by the university of Cambridge. It took me all day since I had to keep taking breaks for work. This test is designed to see where you stand with empathy and systemizing, then have you listen to and give feedback to different types of music for a study they're doing on how music affects those two personality traits.

I BOMBED my score for being empathetic. I got lower than the average extremely low range. I did pretty good with systemizing though. Got higher than the average extremely high range. I put this in here because I can remember when I used to be more empathetic...and I remember the time frame in the military when I felt it slowly go away.

The VA administered a test to where you had to define words on cards. Simple, easily defined words. Then she held up a card with the word, 'compassion'.

I drew a blank. I'm sitting there and I can't even define a word I've known since childhood.

Yes, I know similar difficulties.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I put this in here because I can remember when I used to be more empathetic...and I remember the time frame in the military when I felt it slowly go away.

Maybe, if you transferred it to mostly small children and animals.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    .......or skill badges.

Is this just an Army/Air Force thing, or do all branches do that now? Or are you just talking about basic, old fashion marksmanship badges or wings?

I put this in here because I can remember when I used to be more empathetic...and I remember the time frame in the military when I felt it slowly go away.

Who give a sh*?

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Is there a specific reason you took this test?
    It started as a Facebook link talking about certain mentalities like certain music, so click a link and see if you match up. Next thing I know, I'm taking a 5 part quiz. Went in expecting one thing, wound up doing something else.
    Maybe, if you transferred it to mostly small children and animals.
    Yea, I guess I do.

Sent from Command Central

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Is this just an Army/Air Force thing, or do all branches do that now? Or are you just talking about basic, old fashion marksmanship badges or wings?

Who give a sh*?
    Marines do it too, but not nearly as much as army and air force. And these are on the normal duty uniform not a dress uniform. Like seen below.

e04e167aafbcb7b671f6b9746465c6fd.jpg

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    Grasshopperglock to answer your question I was a 63J a specailized ordinance mechanic the mos if I remember correctly no longer exists. sorry about getting off track with my kegerator thread. When Deployed my mos was not needed so I was attached to 1st and 2nd mardiv for patrols and convoy security.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Grasshopperglock to answer your question I was a 63J a specailized ordinance mechanic the mos if I remember correctly no longer exists. sorry about getting off track with my kegerator thread. When Deployed my mos was not needed so I was attached to 1st and 2nd mardiv for patrols and convoy security.

Absorbed is the word. Respect soldier. Nice to have you around.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Not sure if that video is edited or not, but there is no requirement for the CIC to salute the Marines standing post at Marine 1. It's just something President Reagan started doing and everyone has followed suit since.

If the video is unedited, then I wonder who really reminded POTUS about forgetting the salute or if he remembered it on his own. I'll bet every nickel I have that the pilot wasn't the one who told him.

I'm not a fan of the man by any stretch, but spreading lies is what the other side does.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I'm not a fan of the man by any stretch, but spreading lies is what the other side does.

Pretty much sums it up ... highly unlikely what is depicted in the caption is what transpired.

More likely the Marine just received a promotion, award, or some other major event in his life transpired, and that was a congratulatory gesture.

Top Bottom