• ...and so much more!
  • shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    9aa5ff0b700d8bf841271d0879d34607.jpg

Got my 214 today and retirement award after being delayed from snow storms.

25ff50a79300a7282954342b466d9889.jpg

And heres my 5 dollar retirement stuff lol.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
    Hurley's Gold

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    What branch are you again? Those are all the injuries guys in my mos typically have as well as hips and neck from rucking 2 times a week.

Navy - SeaBees - EO - Equipment Operator, I got to play with real life Tonka toys all day :usflag:

And a happy retirement I hope yours is. Congratulations

Last edited:

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Navy - SeaBees - EO - Equipment Operator, I got to play with real life Tonka toys all day :usflag:

And a happy retirement I hope yours is. Congratulations

Oh im familiar with the seabees. One of my good friends is a retired seebee. Hes a crane operator now and his crane is the same model he ran in the navy. Absolutely loves it.

Thank you

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    The above link is about a homeless vet who does the right thing, while others take advantage of a situation.
    The video didn't embed correctly and it won't let me edit for some reason but. It should work.

Edited for imbed.

Last edited by a moderator:

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Update to post #1138

Got back from Rx appt. earlier today and the gist of it is. My back is screwed up with broken (crushed) vertebrae, mild for now, arthritis, and other various things. My arm is screwed up, my ankle is screwed up, I'm still partially paralyzed, and back will get progressively worse with age and time. As will every other malady. BUT, No surgery or invasive procedures. The "anomaly" the doc. was speaking of is okay. It's, for lack of better definition, a "spare" part that is being used.

My advice (worthless) is to put off surgery as long as you can. Uncle Sam wanted to give me a new knee over 20 years ago. A sports orthopedist said i wouldn't see much improvement and recommended against it (but did say I had to stop being a ground pounder or it would get worse and require an ongoing replacement cycle)

I still haven't had surgery but did read last year that some doctors discovered a new nerve or tendon or something in the knee. One that had been hypothesized over 200 years ago. They figured that's why only some of the knee surgeries work because they may not be fixing the broken part.

I will say you need to pay attention to the climate you live in and if you have pain, consider relocating. My knee only hurts bad when it's really cold out or when it's raining or about to rain. Last year it was raining or about to rain every day for 6 months. That's the worst I've ever felt. If you feel like that too much, a more desert type climate might do your body good.

Got my 214 today and retirement award after being delayed from snow storms.
    [/QUOTE]

Congrats. Now scan a copy in your computer for future use. You'll be amazed how many times a governmental agency seems to need that same thing over and over and over. I've got to send mine in again for my CHL renewal. Even though I've always paid the vet rate and always sent them a copy of it. They say only needed if they don't already have it on file, but I think they're only using file 13 for Veteran recordkeeping.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I will say you need to pay attention to the climate you live in and if you have pain, consider relocating. My knee only hurts bad when it's really cold out or when it's raining or about to rain. Last year it was raining or about to rain every day for 6 months. That's the worst I've ever felt. If you feel like that too much, a more desert type climate might do your body good.

Trust me, climate and weather are almost always on my mind. I felt almost invincible when I was living out in Midland. Other than the occasional tear inducing spasm(s) in my back. And if not for being iced in, in my fifth wheel for two or so days in the winter, and the absolutely horrendous care I received at the Big Spring VA, I might still be out in the Basin region. But, I couldn't find a decent property with a house on it out there for the money I had, so I ended up in central Texas. It's not near as arid as western Texas, but it IS a helluva lot drier and warmer in the winter than some other parts of Texas I've lived in.

Maybe one day in the future, after I've won the lottery, like, five times, I can afford to go back to that area. For now, I feel I'm getting pretty good care from the Waco and Temple VA, and the pain levels for the various body areas are tolerable. So, for the foreseeable future, it is what it is.

Oh yeah, surgery, of pretty much any sort, will be put off up to, and until I'm either dead, dying, or in soo much pain that I have no choice.

Last edited:

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    The above link is about a homeless vet who does the right thing, while others take advantage of a situation.
    The video didn't embed correctly and it won't let me edit for some reason but. It should work.

Good one! Thanks.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I'm sure he's used to it. Having been in the military he's sure to have experience with the Dept of Redundancy Dept.

Sometimes they can fool you. My first dealing with the VA was to get some paperwork for a VA home loan. Had to drive to downtown Dallas and walked into a little office with a secretary, some old man, and a typewriter on the table.

After explaining what I was after, he had me out the door with form in hand so fast I didn't even have time to sit down. It took 5 times as long to find a parking space as it did in that office.

(Of course that's the only time in the history of the world that I believed that has happened, but it sure left the wrong first impression on me)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    What the hell?

I'm release from the program. Instead of leaving the funds in the bank. They're mailing it....All of it. Savings, checking, two badass CD's. Every~thing.

Good God. Unreal. The government is freaking mailing a rather large sum. In the mail. To my douche pit of a post office. To my bigger douche of a mailman. Who couldn't keep a schedule to save his mommas life.

Asshats.

Last edited:

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    What the hell?

I'm release from the program. Instead of leaving the funds in the bank. They're mailing it....All of it. Savings, checking, two badass CD's. Every~thing.

Good God. Unreal. The government is freaking mailing a rather large sum. In the mail. To my douche pit of a post office. To my bigger douche of a mailman. Who couldn't keep a schedule to save his mommas life.

Asshats.

Seems that given two choices, the government/VA will almost always pick the wrong, or most inconvenient one for the Vet.

Happens too much to be coincidence.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    What the hell?

Asshats.
    I need to get hooked up on this program or maybe not. They gave you all of that? Damn congrats i think. But dont surprise me they sent a paper check. I received one from the dept of treasury years ago after waiting 2 yrs for it and all the promised back taxes etc was part of it. Just the actual back payment owed.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Under the government rules of required saving part of the income. I've only been able to pay(which the Fed's decided the amount)

$100 to my child. $400 is the required CS payment. Now I have to pay it down. With the money saved....that shoulda went to my daughter in the first Damn place. Asshats again.

I was not allowed to spend a dollar on my children. The money is for 'Me' nobody else per policy.

Now I can fix that stupid crap.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom