• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Very carefully....

I bet. We had an MP get chosen for Honor Guard. The MOS had been opened to it.

He was chosen because he was over 6' tall. Right out of basic. (I like to believe he was chosen cause he was Texan, lol)

His military career consisted of standing still. Looking sharp.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    The 3rd Inf Reg (the ones who guard tomb of the unknown soldier) is very hard to get into Each soldier must be in superb physical condition, possess an unblemished military record and be between 5 feet, 10 inches and 6 feet, 4 inches tall, with a proportionate weight and build.. all volunteers, are considered to be the best of the elite 3rd U.S. Infantry Regiment (The Old Guard)

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Got to love it. I know i shouldnt have put so much trust into retirement pay. But i was told by other retirees that the military would pay asap automatically.

Literally called retirement services and finance at last duty station, hrc and then told to call retirement at hrc and dfas told me im still showing up as active duty and that there was an error and my retirement id card most likely will be kicked back within the next 90 days once the system realizes that im still active duty somewhere in another system.

So until all that is fixed i will not receive retirement pay. I noticed another retiree posted on dfas website she'd been waiting 2 or 3 months for her check.

AER (army emergency relief) and red cross told me im not eligible for a loan because the bills are not in my name per DoD guidelines. Im still responsible for these bills.

You know, i expected this **** **** game from the VA but not from DFAS and not for retirees.

Listed an ar15 on here and about to list my wifes m&p (still debating this one because it was her bday gift but she told me to do it).

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    "Military Themed" NSFW: Super Post Whore Thread

Not being a smartass but wouldn't a military credit union like USAA or navy federal be familiar with this and offer short term loans? Was this beyond your emergency fund when you retired?

Again, not trying to be a prick, just asking before you start selling things when there might be other options.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Not being a smartass but wouldn't a military credit union like USAA or navy federal be familiar with this and offer short term loans? Was this beyond your emergency fund when you retired?

Again, not trying to be a prick, just asking before you start selling things when there might be other options.
    My emergency fund was budgeted till the start of retirement pay. Thats why im upset that i listened to the others who said it would come on time. So basically i had 3 months of funds which looking back i probably should have tried to get closer to 6 months with my current situation. 20/20

Im sure i could get a loan through normal channels but id rather not pay an interest loan since AER is literally only $100/month interest free.

Basically, im putting my eggs in all baskets right now instead of just one. So whichever is the first bite until its resolved wins the prize lol.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    It took me 6 months before I saw retirement pay and 9 months before VA showed up. DFAS told me that my retirement would start the day after my retirement became official, they lied.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    My emergency fund was budgeted till the start of retirement pay. Thats why im upset that i listened to the others who said it would come on time. So basically i had 3 months of funds which looking back i probably should have tried to get closer to 6 months with my current situation. 20/20

Im sure i could get a loan through normal channels but id rather not pay an interest loan since AER is literally only $100/month interest free.

Basically, im putting my eggs in all baskets right now instead of just one. So whichever is the first bite until its resolved wins the prize lol.

Fair enough. The drive from Conroe to Killeen isn't a bad drive, especially with weather like we're having. As a non-military guy, I just hate seeing you guys go through that. Good luck, and hopefully here someone has a better option for you.

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    It took me 6 months before I saw retirement pay and 9 months before VA showed up. DFAS told me that my retirement would start the day after my retirement became official, they lied.
    are you getting both retirement pay and va compensation? I am 100% medically retired and 100% Va compensation but I do not get retirement pay since the va pay kicked in.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    are you getting both retirement pay and va compensation? I am 100% medically retired and 100% Va compensation but I do not get retirement pay since the va pay kicked in.
    Wow guess theres a few of us here.

You might qualify for concurrent receipt of benefits for both dod retirement and va. Otherwise as you noticed it will be offset and the va will pick up the tab on a 1 for 1.

Look up CRSC and CRDP. Its not automatic btw, if youre eligible you have to submit a form. For CRSC its DD 2860 and i think there is one more that has to be sent.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    No at the point my 100% T&P VA pay kicked in my retirement ended (but the Army still expects me to pay a portion of what I was supposed to get into the SBP, that my wife would never see because of the VA death benefits she is entitled to) because of the way my injuries were classified. Even though they were caused by an act of an unfriendly nation, in an area that is still a combat zone, they are not combat related so I don't get concurrent pay.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    No at the point my 100% T&P VA pay kicked in my retirement ended (but the Army still expects me to pay a portion of what I was supposed to get into the SBP, that my wife would never see because of the VA death benefits she is entitled to) because of the way my injuries were classified. Even though they were caused by an act of an unfriendly nation, in an area that is still a combat zone, they are not combat related so I don't get concurrent pay.
    Thats messed up but i know the guidelines for crsc are weird. Even if its not considered eligible for crsc currently ive heard of people getting documentation to show it is eligible in a round about way. You can stop sbp too, you have one time exemption to stop payment.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    60969c4d4c278795523c9c4fdf5b287e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The PT shoes gave it away before she ever opened her mouth.

I doubt she's done it before with anyone that's in the military. Her answers were so far off she would never have gotten anywhere. And if she had attempted it any normal person would have gotten better at it. But I wouldn't doubt she's stupid enough to not figure out how completely stupid and worthless she is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Sounds like she has had some success with that before. I'd strip her of that uniform and throw her out onto the street bare ass naked.

She should get to keep her pretty pink shoes.

Past that I'd be just fine with your proposed solution - that or arrest her and try her under UCMJ since that seems to be what she wants. I'd easily consider anyone impersonating the military to be a potential threat.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    anibal79
    Top Bottom