• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    I liked your post, but I don't like what you're describing...
    Only because it sounds very familiar... when we moved to Texas, it's been difficult to meet with people IRL that we really identify with.

It's been the hardest part of moving here...

Let us know if we can put y'all in touch witb IRL people that are local... from what I've read, there are lots of people that would be honored to know you and your family.

At least take comfort that I know my wife would get along witb you personally... and I should know, we've been best friends for >28 years.

Take care...

Luny I live less than 16 mi from Canton. We need to get together some time.
    Texas SOT

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Honestly, I was a little skeptical of the "Liberals have gone and ticked off the conservatives and stirred them to action". But I may have been wrong (and not for the first time today). Talked to some folks who are not really political creatures, some easy going. And they were all really upset with the liberals over Kavanaugh.

Maybe this will help in mid-terms after all.

The situation in America brings to mind the quote attributed to Yamamoto, ""I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve." If the liberals keep this up, perhaps one day the silent majority may wake from its slumbers.

oldag,

Fyi, DJT is the ALARM CLOCK. = The GOP will hold BOTH houses on 06NOV18 & likely will pick-up 3-4 net seats in the Senate.

yours, satx

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I don't know, it wouldn't be unfair to expect an ordeal like the one he just endured to impact his worldview to some degree. I've often wondered if Clarence Thomas became more conservative than he might otherwise have been if the left hadn't tried to destroy him.
    Originalism/Textualism is neither right nor left. It's merely fidelity to the most important founding document of this Nation--the US Constitution. Keeping things running within the lines is faithfulness to the oath.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    WSJ has a good article on the Soros backing of the protestors. But the site is subscription, so no use posting a link. And can't paste here even with credit, so...

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Originalism/Textualism is neither right nor left. It's merely fidelity to the most important founding document of this Nation--the US Constitution. Keeping things running within the lines is faithfulness to the oath.

Sadly those on the left consider the Constitution a tiresome relic from the past and only support it when it furthers their agenda.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    WSJ has a good article on the Soros backing of the protestors. But the site is subscription, so no use posting a link. And can't paste here even with credit, so...
    Did you try clicking on the link as incognito? It usually works for me. Post it anyway and I'll try it.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Was it the one titled
    "George Soros’s March on Washington"

Even if it wasn't, I found it interesting.

I am posting both the link to the article (opened for me even w/o incog) and the spreadsheet :p that the author has made through her research documenting Leftist resistance groups and their backers, specifically Soros. She states that from her research at least 20 of the largest groups in D.C. on Saturday were Grantees of Soros funds.

For what it's worth, she states that she is in fact a Liberal and has no problems with Soros funding such movements, she just believes that any money going to any organization should be documented.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/george-soross-march-on-washington-1538951025

Working Guide To The Resistance:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zYoQoffWRAHrECq2PDshlPvNpNDSLtdmNjtW-gUuhqw/edit#gid=0

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    FB_IMG_1538916559715-696695.jpg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics