• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I hope Kav remembers what the leftist liars put him & his family through every single time he rules on a case about abortion, affirmative action, illegal immigration and gun control.

If he was a liberal democrat there is no doubt he would.
    Being a Conservative, with a greater respect for his fellow man and our Constitution, I doubt it will enter his mind.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    If he was a liberal democrat there is no doubt he would.
    Being a Conservative, with a greater respect for his fellow man and our Constitution, I doubt it will enter his mind.
    I don't know, it wouldn't be unfair to expect an ordeal like the one he just endured to impact his worldview to some degree. I've often wondered if Clarence Thomas became more conservative than he might otherwise have been if the left hadn't tried to destroy him.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    It wouldn't be difficult to understand if it did effect his outlook.
    Knowing pro-Left rulings will allow outright lying, treachery, character destruction, guilt before innocence, etc. to become law of the land will likely have him viewing things in a different light.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    I haven’t actually lost friends, however I just don’t “go there.” The one friend I did try to talk in a roundabout way was all like “why are you stressing over innocent until guilty NOW. It doesn’t even affect you?” She doesn’t want to know anything about the culture or politics. I was like “because if I wait until it DOES personally affect me then it’s too late.” The more I explained myself the worse I felt because it wasn’t working.

I have an out of state millennial friend I text and I can tell she doesn’t appreciate my views on some stuff. I am pretty sensitive and I’m all excited happy for her about when she tells me goofy stuff she likes like she found that Target stocks so much “nerdy” themed underwear/pjs. if I tell her or show her about like a picture of really good target I shot or about how much money the tax cut will save me she’s all cool with a “hmmmmm.” Or “not bad.”
    It pisses me off.

I do have a best friend in my husband, but he’s not gonna understand when I’m all emotional or be able to talk well if it’s about him or us. It’s the best I’ve got though and it’s a whole lot. I just miss having an ideal best friend that “gets” me that probably would never exist.

I just now snapped that maybe that’s a spiritual need I need to try to seek to fill. That I can do.

Also the body aches and soreness have also been the precursor to digestive tells that my health is off. I just have too much going on and I’m probably crashing. Have to take the dog to Houston for her first heartworm treatment Tuesday and then drive to Austin Wednesday for a two day work training. Thank God the training actually is held in the hotel I’ll be staying at.

Get some kumbocha. Some prebiotic pills and some pre-biotic yogurt. Just to make sure....go to the State Fair, and get a deep fried Snickers.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    I hope Kav remembers what the leftist liars put him & his family through whenever he rules on a case about abortion, affirmative action, illegal immigration or gun control.

I see it happening this way. Hopefully he's a Constitutional Originalist, but when it comes to a ruling he could go narrow and not have much effect on the left, or he could just widen the scope of the ruling and hurt them.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Requires 2/3 Senate majority, so not likely to be successful. Don't think the Dems would be stupid enough to go nuclear on an impeachment.

ed308,

The DIMocRATS aren't commonly referred to by that nickname for being INTELLIGENT. = They were STUPID enough to allow DiFi to try her 11th hour FOOLISHNESS against Justice Kavanaugh. = Everyone saw how STUPID that that stunt was.
    Then they acted as if he was the leader of an organized group of drug-using gang rapists.
    (Even most of the more intelligent left didn't believe that OBVIOUS pack of lies.)

yours, satx

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I liked your post, but I don't like what you're describing...
    Only because it sounds very familiar... when we moved to Texas, it's been difficult to meet with people IRL that we really identify with.

It's been the hardest part of moving here...

Let us know if we can put y'all in touch witb IRL people that are local... from what I've read, there are lots of people that would be honored to know you and your family.

At least take comfort that I know my wife would get along witb you personally... and I should know, we've been best friends for >28 years.

Take care...

I appreciate your post. Sorry, I did end up getting physically sick and so I’m not feeling good anymore today (don’t feel like writing much).

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I don't know, it wouldn't be unfair to expect an ordeal like the one he just endured to impact his worldview to some degree. I've often wondered if Clarence Thomas became more conservative than he might otherwise have been if the left hadn't tried to destroy him.

Nope.

Anyone who knows Thomas knows he strictly adheres to the original text/meaning of the Constitution, regardless of his personal opinion.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Honestly, I was a little skeptical of the "Liberals have gone and ticked off the conservatives and stirred them to action". But I may have been wrong (and not for the first time today). Talked to some folks who are not really political creatures, some easy going. And they were all really upset with the liberals over Kavanaugh.

Maybe this will help in mid-terms after all.

The situation in America brings to mind the quote attributed to Yamamoto, ""I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve." If the liberals keep this up, perhaps one day the silent majority may wake from its slumbers.

Top Bottom