• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    In McDonalds in France (Paris), the menu gives you the choice of beef or horsemeat. The horsemeat is cheaper. Neither one is cooked - they just kinda singe both sides and leave the middle raw. In some restaurants it's common to screw over the tourists by serving horsemeat with beef gravy. You can tell the difference in the flavors, so it's not much of a disguise.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    In McDonalds in France (Paris), the menu gives you the choice of beef or horsemeat. The horsemeat is cheaper. Neither one is cooked - they just kinda singe both sides and leave the middle raw. In some restaurants it's common to screw over the tourists by serving horsemeat with beef gravy. You can tell the difference in the flavors, so it's not much of a disguise.
    Cheese eating surrender monkeys! The only good that McDonald's serves in any country around the world is a properly iced Coke!

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    My guess Jack in the Box taco meat contains so little actual meat because it was never a problem when they made all those people sick with their under cooked hamburger patties!
    I sometimes crave that taco with cat food paste.

Back in the 70's, DQ would precook their meat patties and then let them sit in some type of oil all day long. Need a patty? Just grab one from the oil and throw it on the grill to heat it up!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    MREs suck.

Sure, they are better than the MCIs that proceeded them, and in the absence of any other food they'll do in a pinch; but the mystique surrounding them belongs to people who haven't had them in a while.

We had four days of them during AT earlier this year, and I gave out all the extras we had.

I'll order Dominoes pizza next time, even the mass amount of grease from that will still have less effect on my gastrointestinal system than four days of MREs!

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Few people in Texas ever had Taylor Pork Roll. It was new to me until my apprenticeship as a meat cutter started in the cold deli. IIRC it was expensive way back then! Another old school deli product was Lebanon Bologna
    Yes it is expensive down here $10.00 a pound. I get it for my self for a treat once or twice a year up in the northeast it is about 4.00 a pound

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Some years ago, I stopped off at Whataburger to grab a burger and some fries on the way home because the wife was working late that evening. I love Whataburger, but they were advertising the A1 Steak Sauce burger, so I decided to try one.

Absolutely the worst burger I ever had! Every bite, it just got worse. Didn't even eat half of it and gave to the dog!

I'll just stick with their regular double meat, double cheeseburger instead.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Well, considering I recently had a bout of e. coli poisoning which required three days hospitalization, which could have killed me had I not been treated, I would say that was the worst food I ever ate!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Some years ago, I stopped off at Whataburger to grab a burger and some fries on the way home because the wife was working late that evening. I love Whataburger, but they were advertising the A1 Steak Sauce burger, so I decided to try one.

Absolutely the worst burger I ever had! Every bite, it just got worse. Didn't even eat half of it and gave to the dog!

I'll just stick with their regular double meat, double cheeseburger instead.
    A-1 is ok on round steak. I have covered burgers with it before I grilled them then hit them with salt & pepper. Hienz 57 is the nastiest steak sauce! For the most part I like the taste of steak without most things on it.

A compound butter or mushrooms & shallots in a wine reduction works if I’m felling fancy!

Artichoke

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Houston, TX 77006
    #1 All time worse was The Village Idiots Goose Fajitas! Goose meat simmered in watery generic cream of mushroom soup on cold flour tortillas. The goose meat had a faint rancid taste to it. No grilled onions, bell pepper & jalapeños one associates with fajitas. No seasoning! I'm not talking spices like cumin or red pepper, nothing no salt or pepper. No salsa, pico de gallo, or and other thing found on fajitas! Even if there was cheese & sour cream it would have still sucked! Then again he was a Florida man!
    sounds truly dreadful
    #2 First Thanksgiving at the inlaws before I was married to the wife. What a train wreck of hog slop! It was one of those place were they feel they need to fix your plate for you, so the pile it up! Her dad let me carve the turkey and told me I did it wrong. I actually boned the breast off the carcass & sliced the meat again the grain. I guess he liked the TV commercial way. He bitched because I didn't bone out the drumsticks, saying were wasn't enough dark meat. I told him, they do sell extra turkey thighs. Drumsticks were always something fought over because you could pick it up and go cave man.

Her dad's giblet gravy was battleship grey. Tasted like corn starch slurry! First time I ever seen hard boiled eggs diced into gravy. No dripping from the roasting pan were used, because it was to fattening! Sawdust cornbread stuffing, Grandma's nasty ass fruit salad, under cooked mashed potatoes, Bourbon yams with more marshmallows then I had ever seen in my life. Runny ass green bean casserole. Only thing I liked was garlic cheese peas & excusing myself from the table. I was glad McDonalds'd was open to get the taste out of my mouth.
    are you still married to her?
    ;-)

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    sounds truly dreadful

are you still married to her?
    ;-)
    Yes sir, 34 years! I do most the cooking. She hand washed dishes for 27 years. I didn’t marry her for her cooking. Majority of women would last being married to me! Saved lots of money on divorce & child support with my wife. I’ the least henpecked out there!

Top Bottom