• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Some of you guys have led pretty sheltered lives food-wise.

For me, the worst I've tried was black pudding. It tastes exactly like what it is - oatmeal boiled in cow or sheep blood. But hey, I was in Scotland and everything else I tried was delicious (including haggis - which I had already enjoyed a few times before the trip).
    Just about every culture that slaughters animal has a few blood recipes. Boudin Noir, blood & tongue sausage, various blood puddings, blood sausage, soups & stews.

Blood will actually help gel gasoline for napalm

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Some of you guys have led pretty sheltered lives food-wise.

For me, the worst I've tried was black pudding. It tastes exactly like what it is - oatmeal boiled in cow or sheep blood. But hey, I was in Scotland and everything else I tried was delicious (including haggis - which I had already enjoyed a few times before the trip).
    Oh yes! I had forgotten about that one. I agree, truly awful in Northern Ireland too.
    But I wonder if just knowing what it is adds to the poor taste.

Reminded me of one more: Cow tongue soup - the taste was not disgusting, but just knowing what it is and seeing the tongue texture made it disgusting.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Oh yes! I had forgotten about that one. I agree, truly awful in Northern Ireland too.
    But I wonder if just knowing what it is adds to the poor taste.

Reminded me of one more: Cow tongue soup - the taste was not disgusting, but just knowing what it is and seeing the tongue texture made it disgusting.
    Missing a delicacy.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Pickled Pigs Feet...........:stir:

1636329844977.png

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Pickled Pigs Feet...........:stir:

View attachment 286989
    If all you ever had were store bought Hormel Pickled Pigs Feet I can almost understand! Have ate many a homemade pickled pigs feet I like em.

I worked with this old Mexican guy he spoke about as much English as I speak Spanish. He once gave me his lunch because I was sick as a dog yet still working long holiday hours. His menudo would cure COVID! After that he always brought extra food for me. He made the most awesome pigs feet.

He was a grocery sacker and general store clean up guy, so he wasn’t earning much. Once a month I would buy a case of some offals and give him. The deal was just make me one meal from the item. I later learned he owned a catina in Mexico and everything he made were bar food from his cantina.

His wife worked in the bakery and worked a later shift. A bunch of times after we got off we would sit in the parking lot drinking beer & eating. Those were really the good old days on the job!

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Donna H. Whoooo wheeee! :torched:

Never got to her lil sis Pam which was always my goal. Cute as could be and petite, the perfect combo.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    If all you ever had were store bought Hormel Pickled Pigs Feet I can almost understand! Have ate many a homemade pickled pigs feet I like em.

I worked with this old Mexican guy he spoke about as much English as I speak Spanish. He once gave me his lunch because I was sick as a dog yet still working long holiday hours. His menudo would cure COVID! After that he always brought extra food for me. He made the most awesome pigs feet.

He was a grocery sacker and general store clean up guy, so he wasn’t earning much. Once a month I would buy a case of some offals and give him. The deal was just make me one meal from the item. I later learned he owned a catina in Mexico and everything he made were bar food from his cantina.

His wife worked in the bakery and worked a later shift. A bunch of times after we got off we would sit in the parking lot drinking beer & eating. Those were really the good old days on the job!

My wife loves menudo.

I can’t get past “tripe soup” no matter how well it’s seasoned…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AyBlinken

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2021
    Dallas, TX
    Went to a mexican restaurant for happy hour to watch some sports game, can't remember what, and after a few beers we see chicken fingers are half price. What they brought to the table were not the chicken fingers that I had anticipated, but it did have breading on it and was deep fried. Only took one bite to confirm my suspicion, it was chicken feet, or technically chicken toes . We laughed a lot at their expense that night.

I want to believe that this was some sort of language mix up that got lost in translation, nobody could possibly be that dumb.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I never ate one but the balut (sic) in the Philippines would have to rank way up there.
    My brother's wife is from the Philippines, and when he first married her, she cooked a lot of Filipino dishes. I wondered why he spent so many late hours going back to the shop to "work". He was actually leaving the house, stopping by Whataburger, and then going to the shop to eat!

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Went to a mexican restaurant for happy hour to watch some sports game, can't remember what, and after a few beers we see chicken fingers are half price. What they brought to the table were not the chicken fingers that I had anticipated, but it did have breading on it and was deep fried. Only took one bite to confirm my suspicion, it was chicken feet, or technically chicken toes . We laughed a lot at their expense that night.

I want to believe that this was some sort of language mix up that got lost in translation, nobody could possibly be that dumb.
    Another delicacy.

Top Bottom