• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    #1 All time worse was The Village Idiots Goose Fajitas! Goose meat simmered in watery generic cream of mushroom soup on cold flour tortillas. The goose meat had a faint rancid taste to it. No grilled onions, bell pepper & jalapeños one associates with fajitas. No seasoning! I'm not talking spices like cumin or red pepper, nothing no salt or pepper. No salsa, pico de gallo, or and other thing found on fajitas! Even if there was cheese & sour cream it would have still sucked! Then again he was a Florida man!

#2 First Thanksgiving at the inlaws before I was married to the wife. What a train wreck of hog slop! It was one of those place were they feel they need to fix your plate for you, so the pile it up! Her dad let me carve the turkey and told me I did it wrong. I actually boned the breast off the carcass & sliced the meat again the grain. I guess he liked the TV commercial way. He bitched because I didn't bone out the drumsticks, saying were wasn't enough dark meat. I told him, they do sell extra turkey thighs. Drumsticks were always something fought over because you could pick it up and go cave man.

Her dad's giblet gravy was battleship grey. Tasted like corn starch slurry! First time I ever seen hard boiled eggs diced into gravy. No dripping from the roasting pan were used, because it was to fattening! Sawdust cornbread stuffing, Grandma's nasty ass fruit salad, under cooked mashed potatoes, Bourbon yams with more marshmallows then I had ever seen in my life. Runny ass green bean casserole. Only thing I liked was garlic cheese peas & excusing myself from the table. I was glad McDonalds'd was open to get the taste out of my mouth.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Can think of a few.

Former friend of my wife put too much mayonnaise in her mashed taters. Dumb Alabama whore.

Wife’s mother’s side of the family likes to make Syrian dishes and I don’t remember what it’s called but it’s just ground meat with onions wrapped in sourdough. Straight into the trash!

Then my wife likes to use this cooker for chicken. Terrible. If it’s meat, it belongs on a grill or pan.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Liver and onions. Love the smell of them cooking, but I can't stand the flavor or texture of the meat.

I can't stand the smell, flavor, texture of liver or kidneys. Of course it's my dad's favorite treats.

My parents and grandparents grew up very poor in rural Mexico where any kind of meat was a rare treat. Back then nothing was thrown away, eyeballs and most of the organs were eaten.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Liver and onions. Love the smell of them cooking, but I can't stand the flavor or texture of the meat.
    Requires a strong European background from poor people (my old family) where nothing is thrown away and a way to cook it is found. Never liked lung but most other meat is pretty good. Have a smoked cow tongue in the freezer now. Love liver with onions but wife refuses to cook it.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I love liver and onions! That used to be my go-to when I went to Luby's, or Piccadilly.
    I haven't dared eat it in years - gout!

I like chicken gizzards and livers too, but stay away from them for the same reason.

Worst thing I've been to lately is the local Casa Ole. Those in Pasadena are decent and I went there often for lunch when I was working in that area.
    The one here either needs new management, or to close down. I just can't find decent Mexican food here in East Texas!

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I love liver and onions! That used to be my go-to when I went to Luby's, or Piccadilly.
    I haven't dared eat it in years - gout!

I like chicken gizzards and livers too, but stay away from them for the same reason.

Worst thing I've been to lately is the local Casa Ole. Those in Pasadena are decent and I went there often for lunch when I was working in that area.
    The one here either needs new management, or to close down. I just can't find decent Mexican food here in East Texas!
    Love the gizzards and livers too but our best chicken restaurant closed so that put a damper on that.

BigTexasOne

Support gun control! Hit what you aim at!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2016
    Springtown
    Many years ago in Rockport, Maine, My wife and stopped to have lunch in a little seaside cafe, I ordered the seafood chowder, and took exactly one bite, just one, and told her this is bad, it's gone bad, called the waiter over and sent it back! Barely made it back to our hotel room before I started puking, puked and had chills and sweated for almost 24 hours from the worst food poisoning I've ever experienced

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Mexican food made by Turkish cooks in an American Army mess located in Bavaria. Even I knew it was not even close but a coworker - SGT Nina Garza-Davis from the Valley - called it a sad copy of Mexican food.

Last edited:

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Sauerkraut also gets a mention from me. I was excited to try a traditional German food but it was a big disappointment. It just tasted horrible and I don't know why they add pickles or sausage to it because it doesn't help. No wonder the jerrys were pissed off all the time.
    Funny, I enjoy sauerkraut and sausage but chicken and dumplings or grits and red eye gravy are horrible to me. And don't even get me started on what they call "kolace" here. But then again I am not considered, as my second wife put it, "a real Texan."

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Funny, I enjoy sauerkraut and sausage but chicken and dumplings or grits and red eye gravy are horrible to me. And don't even get me started on what they call "kolace" here. But then again I am not considered, as my second wife put it, "a real Texan."
    I've never had red eye gravy or heard of it. I would never hate on anybody for their food preferences. Everybody is different, might as well enjoy your food.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Can think of a few.

Former friend of my wife put too much mayonnaise in her mashed taters. Dumb Alabama whore.

Wife’s mother’s side of the family likes to make Syrian dishes and I don’t remember what it’s called but it’s just ground meat with onions wrapped in sourdough. Straight into the trash!

Then my wife likes to use this cooker for chicken. Terrible. If it’s meat, it belongs on a grill or pan.
    Never heard of mayonnaise in mash potatoes, but I like Mayo potato salad. I also mix mayo with Italian dressing & Parmesan for lazy boy scalloped potatoes.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    0008000051692.jpeg.jpg

Got real bad food poisoning from one of these on I can't stand anything with a mayonnaise base. No macaroni salad or chicken salad but still love mustard potato salad.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I can't stand the smell, flavor, texture of liver or kidneys. Of course it's my dad's favorite treats.

My parents and grandparents grew up very poor in rural Mexico where any kind of meat was a rare treat. Back then nothing was thrown away, eyeballs and most of the organs were eaten.
    First safari I went on we ate the liver from everything I shot. Most all of it cooked over the camp fire with meli meal. I like liver be it in a pate, with onions or in boudin. Chicken livers in a spicy curry or battered & fried with cream gravy. Love fried gizzards

Ate the eyeballs out of most of the whole hogs I did at the renfest. Piss pump have to be real fresh for me to want to grill them.

I helped a Mexican friend butcher hogs a couple times. They all thought they were going to punk out the white boy as we butchers and ate. Anyone given a chance to butcher a hog with Mexicans needs to take them up on it!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom