• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Only one meal has ever been bad enough to stick in memory. Approximately 50 years ago, my Mother in Law decided to serve duck for Thanksgiving instead of Turkey. There was just something about the fluorescent reflection of colors off the sliced meat that made it inedible for me.
    It’s common on corned beef & pastrami. Nothing but salt in fat.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    My ex-wife (still friends by the way) and I cooked a goose one Christmas. The kids were finally old enough to be with friends or other family and it was the first time we were going to be celebrating Christmas alone. That, and the fact that money was finally something other than really scarce, caused us to decide to try something different and a little more expensive than the traditional Christmas ham!
    We got a recipe somewhere for the "perfectly cooked Christmas goose", splurged for a goose at the local, high-end grocery store, and followed the recipe to a T.
    It was the gami-est, nasty-est, stringiest thing either of us ever tried to eat. We really tried to be open-minded about it. And after the first bite, we looked at each other and spit it out on our plates and burst into a belly laugh!

I don't know if we got a bad goose, cooked it wrong, or just aren't fans of geese. Never again.

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    I can't say that I have ever had a bad meal. The smell either attracts or repels me. If it attracts me and it looks good, I'll try anything once. If I don't like it, the first bite never even goes down. The moral of the story is that one bite not maketh a meal. Unless starving or imprisoned, wait for the next meal.

That said, I often try things before I want to know what it is.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I can't say that I have ever had a bad meal. The smell either attracts or repels me. If it attracts me and it looks good, I'll try anything once. If I don't like it, the first bite never even goes down. The moral of the story is that one bite not maketh a meal. Unless starving or imprisoned, wait for the next meal.

That said, I often try things before I want to know what it is.
    I've seen @justmax eat stuff I wouldn't put in my mouth -. I'm talking gas-station sushi and those hotdogs and taquitos that have been rolling around on the griddle for days.
    In fact, he tries to time it so he gets there right before they're legally required to throw it away, and they offer it to him at half price!

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Liver and onions. Love the smell of them cooking, but I can't stand the flavor or texture of the meat.
    Developed a taste for liver as camp meat on hunts with uncles and dad... we always brought onions and corn meal (fish) just in case! I still like it.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Whelp wifey switched from a chewable vitamin C tablet to a swallow and take with water vitamin C. Didn’t say anything and for almost two weeks I was chewing it. It wasn’t until I told her to never get that brand again that she told me it wasn’t chewable. Ya, I’m an idiot for not reading the bottle. It was friggin disgusting.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Sauerkraut also gets a mention from me. I was excited to try a traditional German food but it was a big disappointment. It just tasted horrible and I don't know why they add pickles or sausage to it because it doesn't help. No wonder the jerrys were pissed off all the time.
    I LOVE sauerkraut! I can sit and eat an entire can of it.

Top Bottom