• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Funny, I enjoy sauerkraut and sausage but chicken and dumplings or grits and red eye gravy are horrible to me. And don't even get me started on what they call "kolace" here. But then again I am not considered, as my second wife put it, "a real Texan."
    Homemade kraut is so much better the the crap in a store. Store bought kraut is not kind to my guts at all!
    Lynx Defense

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    My fondest memories of living in Del Rio & San Antonio were the backyard bbq's I would attend. I like Conjunto music and those Mexicans know how to cook! That was some of the best grilled chicken and pork I've eaten in my life. And while the men we're tending the grill, all the wimmens were in the kitchen fixing Mexican rice and pico de gallo! Yum!

Of course, I grew up eating sauerkraut and spare ribs and mashed potatoes! To this day, that's the traditional New Year's Day meal!

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    MRE Meal #4. If you know, you know.
    IMG_4249.JPG.jpg

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    My fondest memories of living in Del Rio & San Antonio were the backyard bbq's I would attend. I like Conjunto music and those Mexicans know how to cook! That was some of the best grilled chicken and pork I've eaten in my life. And while the men we're tending the grill, all the wimmens were in the kitchen fixing Mexican rice and pico de gallo! Yum!

Of course, I grew up eating sauerkraut and spare ribs and mashed potatoes! To this day, that's the traditional New Year's Day meal!
    Spare ribs with carmelized onions potatoes & white beans was one of my dads favorites! And the greasier it was the better, was the way I remember it!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I’m sure. It is actually a tie between armadillo and javelina. Neither are fit for consumption.
    My coyote dogs would not eat javelina. They spit it out and gave me a hurt look like they were being punished.
    Lots of animals need to be stuck & bleed out! Par boiling certain kritters is a big plus too. Some funkiness is only cured by hiding it in spices.

Top Bottom