How many voices you got in there? ;)
    Why? Are you missing one?
    voices1.jpeg

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    IIRC the Filipinos called them blooks. Sea bird eggs (barely) cooked in hot sand. Poke in a straw and drink. Or any filipino home brew booze. Or anything fish. Or weeks old room temp noodles in Seoul Hilton. Liver is eh, chewy and bad for you.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Since it’s that time of year, McDonalds McRib sandwich.

How the hell anyone can eat that and think it’s good is beyond me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I may have posted about this before…

My buddy’s nickname is McRib.

Years back, we had a huge bbq baby back ribs cook-off.
    Some guys were super serious with their smoker/bbq trailers…it was sort of a big deal with cash prizes etc.

But that crowd was also a bunch of professional drunks.

So Andrew shows up with pre-cooked ribs from Costco and the drunks all voted for his LMAO.

Some guys are still pissed about the deal and refuse to talk about it to this day.

And his nickname will forever be McRib

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I may have posted about this before…

My buddy’s nickname is McRib.

Years back, we had a huge bbq baby back ribs cook-off.
    Some guys were super serious with their smoker/bbq trailers…it was sort of a big deal with cash prizes etc.

But that crowd was also a bunch of professional drunks.

So Andrew shows up with pre-cooked ribs from Costco and the drunks all voted for his LMAO.

Some guys are still pissed about the deal and refuse to talk about it to this day.

And his nickname will forever be McRib

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Fo da win
    giphy-15.gif

HPFlashman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2020
    Northwest Florida
    Let's see. Smashed sandwich at Fleet landing in Naples in 1967. The meat had cat fur attached to it. Hurled.

Bangkok, 1971. Bucket of KFC. Was gnawing on a leg/thigh combo. It was cat, I think. Puked.

Bad oyster in 1992. Knew it was bad when the putrid juice squirted to the back of my throat. Spit it out immediately but it was too late. My puke and poop came out of opposite holes for 36 hours.

Hm-mm. Pizza in Marseilles in 1991. Tough cardboard crust rancid cheese, unknown spice that may have been chemical waste. One bite was enough and avoided any more than a 6 hour bad after-taste.

Canned haggis. A Christmas gift last year. My lucky day. Couldn't get past what it looked and smelled like. Dodged that bullet. The dogs ate it with no ill effects.

Balut. 1975, Olongapo City. Was pretty tasty if you preceded it with a dozen San Miguel beers. It was the texture that made me vomit. Crunching down a fetid bony duck fetus will do that to you.

Bagoóng. 1976. Not real horrible unless eaten. But when it cooked it becomes some g kind of WWI chemical weapon. The smell is worse than 3 day old hot Georgia asphalt road kill. When I smelled it I immediately tasted bile and then had to swallow back the upchuck. Patis or nuoc mam, on the other hand, are God's gift to seasoning things.

Real Chinese food down at the harbor in Hong Kong in 1970 was a horror story. Innards, bizarre fish, strange vegetables, iffy hygiene and sanitation. Even drunk I had sense to go get a buffalo steak, a salad and limitless bread for $7 at the China Fleet Club. If you want good Chinese or Italian food eat it in America. But Mexican food is best south of the Rio Grande. I hear it's good in Texas too. Dunno myself. I was born in Texas but left at 2 months old. Mom hadn't weaned me yet.

Penzance, 1967. Steak and Kidney pie was good. Might have been a fluke. The alcohol content of Brit beer is higher than our own. I might be excused for dining on a kidney dish. That was my one and only experience with kidney. Guess I got lucky.

1995. Friend of mine's 12 year son bought some off-brand beef jerky at a gas station off I-10 in NW Florida on the way to a cattle show. It was fizzing when he unsealed it from the plastic. He asked his dad, a Navy CWO4, if it was OK to eat. His dad said, "Probably". The kid was game, he ate it. I think it was the Fanta soda that got him queasy. Fanta makes the most insipid drinks outside of gay bars (so I am told...n/h).

Have eaten food in Norway, England, Denmark, Holland, France, Greece, Italy, Spain, Tunisia, Malta, Kenya, Pakistan, Ceylon, Singapore, Malaysia, Guam. Australia, New Zealand, Tonga, Samoa, Korea, China, Japan, Philippines, Okinawa, Mexico, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Bermuda, Canada, Azores, U.A.E., Saudi Arabia, Okinawa, Midway, Taiwan and Panama. Street food/restaurant food 50/50. 99% of it good.

Kimchi? First ate it in 1970 in Inchon with some bul-go-gi. To die for.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Let's see. Smashed sandwich at Fleet landing in Naples in 1967. The meat had cat fur attached to it. Hurled.

Bangkok, 1971. Bucket of KFC. Was gnawing on a leg/thigh combo. It was cat, I think. Puked.

Bad oyster in 1992. Knew it was bad when the putrid juice squirted to the back of my throat. Spit it out immediately but it was too late. My puke and poop came out of opposite holes for 36 hours.

Hm-mm. Pizza in Marseilles in 1991. Tough cardboard crust rancid cheese, unknown spice that may have been chemical waste. One bite was enough and avoided any more than a 6 hour bad after-taste.

Canned haggis. A Christmas gift last year. My lucky day. Couldn't get past what it looked and smelled like. Dodged that bullet. The dogs ate it with no ill effects.

Balut. 1975, Olongapo City. Was pretty tasty if you preceded it with a dozen San Miguel beers. It was the texture that made me vomit. Crunching down a fetid bony duck fetus will do that to you.

Bagoóng. 1976. Not real horrible unless eaten. But when it cooked it becomes some g kind of WWI chemical weapon. The smell is worse than 3 day old hot Georgia asphalt road kill. When I smelled it I immediately tasted bile and then had to swallow back the upchuck. Patis or nuoc mam, on the other hand, are God's gift to seasoning things.

Real Chinese food down at the harbor in Hong Kong in 1970 was a horror story. Innards, bizarre fish, strange vegetables, iffy hygiene and sanitation. Even drunk I had sense to go get a buffalo steak, a salad and limitless bread for $7 at the China Fleet Club. If you want good Chinese or Italian food eat it in America. But Mexican food is best south of the Rio Grande. I hear it's good in Texas too. Dunno myself. I was born in Texas but left at 2 months old. Mom hadn't weaned me yet.

Penzance, 1967. Steak and Kidney pie was good. Might have been a fluke. The alcohol content of Brit beer is higher than our own. I might be excused for dining on a kidney dish. That was my one and only experience with kidney. Guess I got lucky.

1995. Friend of mine's 12 year son bought some off-brand beef jerky at a gas station off I-10 in NW Florida on the way to a cattle show. It was fizzing when he unsealed it from the plastic. He asked his dad, a Navy CWO4, if it was OK to eat. His dad said, "Probably". The kid was game, he ate it. I think it was the Fanta soda that got him queasy. Fanta makes the most insipid drinks outside of gay bars (so I am told...n/h).

Have eaten food in Norway, England, Denmark, Holland, France, Greece, Italy, Spain, Tunisia, Malta, Kenya, Pakistan, Ceylon, Singapore, Malaysia, Guam. Australia, New Zealand, Tonga, Samoa, Korea, China, Japan, Philippines, Okinawa, Mexico, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Bermuda, Canada, Azores, U.A.E., Saudi Arabia, Okinawa, Midway, Taiwan and Panama. Street food/restaurant food 50/50. 99% of it good.

Kimchi? First ate it in 1970 in Inchon with some bul-go-gi. To die for.
    Had covid? Lol

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Years ago I visited a friend of mine in Minneapolis and he insisted I eat pickled herring as an appetizer while we were eating at a restaurant. Nordic people are plumb crazy about those things but I almost spit mine across the dining room floor

Top Bottom