When was the last time you saw someone open carry?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    In Oregon of all places. Two years ago we drove through there on a vacation. Stopped into a gas station with not much else around. Very rural. Guy looked to be in his 60s (presumably a local) walks in with what looked to be a Ruger GP100 in a leather holster. Struck me as odd being Oregon and all…

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I normally conceal when going into HEB, the other day I was just picking up a prescription, pharmacy is close to the door. I didn't cover up just to see if anyone said anything.

KTXdm9

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 9, 2024
    Katy, TX
    In Oregon of all places. Two years ago we drove through there on a vacation. Stopped into a gas station with not much else around. Very rural. Guy looked to be in his 60s (presumably a local) walks in with what looked to be a Ruger GP100 in a leather holster. Struck me as odd being Oregon and all…
    Portland ruins it for the rest of the state. Common theme in blue states.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    There are still some real Cowboys left in Ori-gone.

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Probably not Eugene or Portland.

Bncadvr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2024
    League City
    I've only seen about a handful of open carriers. One of them was riding a motorcycle and had a Glock in a typical OWB kydex holster, and the rest were of the unflattering stereotype that we are all aware of - flimsy belt with equally flimsy slide holster that allows the gun to swing all over the place with every step.

Mohawk600

Anti-woke
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I used to work at HEB and never even payed attention. I did not carry at work either. Worked in the meat market with some like minded 2A individuals and you better believe we had a plan for getting out in case of a mass shooting.

We had many discussions about HEB and grocery stores in general being target rich environments.

lite_sleepr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2024
    Burkburnett
    It's surprisingly common out here. I was standing behind a lady in line, and at the register over was a guy open carrying. It was what looked like a Steyr GB (if so, NICE) but it was in some hardware store tier trash Fobus or Uncle Mikes holster. I saw the lady roll her eyes and shake her head, which means to me lots of folks still get the 'ick' from it.

Or she was disappointed in his terrible choice of holster.

I see maybe 2 a week out here. Sometimes I'll open carry, but only in the Safariland ALS holster. Not about to have someone just snatch my handgun.

Top Bottom