When was the last time you saw someone open carry?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    At my favorite pizza haunt today. One guy had a shoulder carry and the other had on his belt. Of course they stood out but nobody cared that I could see. Am sure others were concealed as usual. Life in east Dallas 'hood...

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I ride my bicycle with Alien Gear iwb, I stop to chat with guys at the firehouse. One guy likes that I ride with my pistol on my hip.

citizen_zero

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    North of DFW
    I've seen two open carriers in however many years it's been. First open carrier I ever saw was in Wichita Kansas of all places several years before it became legal in Texas

bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fayette Co.
    I walked into a bar in Houston and there standing at the bar was a man with a nickel plated revolver straped to his side. On the wall in front of him was the 51% sign that we have here in Texas so I walked up and stood beside him started the conversation and then I asked him did he know what that sign in front of him was for? He said he had no idea. So I decided to explain it to him, so he didn’t end up in jail. After I did, he turned white as a sheet of paper and left and never came back.

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    Buddy and I walked into the Dosey Doe restaurant this morning for breakfast. Place was pretty empty, only three tables occupied. Table closest to us had three guys eating breakfast. All three were OC'n. One was carrying a 1911 (think it was a Colt), one was carrying a Glock 19, and the third guy was carrying what appeared to be a S&W Model 19. My friend and I were both carrying - but both of us were carrying concealed.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    I walked into a bar in Houston and there standing at the bar was a man with a nickel plated revolver straped to his side. On the wall in front of him was the 51% sign that we have here in Texas so I walked up and stood beside him started the conversation and then I asked him did he know what that sign in front of him was for? He said he had no idea. So I decided to explain it to him, so he didn’t end up in jail. After I did, he turned white as a sheet of paper and left and never came back.
    So....you're bad for business.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Not "open" but not very concealed...

I ride with a Glock 43 in my jersey pocket frequently. (And a small OC spray)

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

<>

Back in ‘80, I learned to never carry bear spray in my pocket.

Squatted down to start a fire on my crawfish boiler & the Mace went-off, aiming directly at you know where.

Luckily I was on my own balcony and could just jump into my shower!

leVieux

<>

Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    Not many in the past ten years. The last one was the female home inspector I hired. She said she had to go to a lot of sketchy places. I saw a guy at a gas station once. Plus a spike-mohawk haircut guy at a rural Walmart.

Top Bottom