When was the last time you saw someone open carry?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Absalom McCaslan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2009
    Dallas
    As a retired LEO I open carried for 37 years and it was as normal as putting on shoes and shocks. Now it's always concealed so I don't feel like I have a target pinned to my back!
    I don't remember the last time I saw anyone in civilian clothing open carry around Dallas. I did see a guy at a Safeway in Colorado some years ago carrying a Blackhawk.

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    As a retired LEO I open carried for 37 years and it was as normal as putting on shoes and shocks. Now it's always concealed so I don't feel like I have a target pinned to my back!
    I don't remember the last time I saw anyone in civilian clothing open carry around Dallas. I did see a guy at a Safeway in Colorado some years ago carrying a Blackhawk.
    Thank you for your service sir!

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Yes I have. I saw a gentleman with a beautiful KORTH .357 magnum in a Milt Sparks Summer Special at church. He was with his wife and two daughters. I spoke to him and came away with a good impression. The priest and the ushers, other parishioners etc. just acted completely normal. I was carrying my a Beretta Tomcat that day.
    <>

Some of our laws have made Church protection very difficult & overly complicated.

There are several major problems inherent in Churches, similar to schools; and the stupid laws just make them a lot worse.

Then, some Clergy flat-out refuse to understand the problems.

<>

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    Easy for me to remember:
    15 years ago in rural Idaho. At a gas station. An old guy who looked like a bear was gassing up his car, he had two gov .45's in cross-draw set up with criss-cross ammo belts across his chest.

CryptoEpik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2023
    Houston
    It's rare to see anyone open carry, if you do, you immediately think that they are law enforcement. This makes criminals think twice.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Easy for me to remember:
    15 years ago in rural Idaho. At a gas station. An old guy who looked like a bear was gassing up his car, he had two gov .45's in cross-draw set up with criss-cross ammo belts across his chest.

The image that appeared in my mind...

1718072659394.png

And having lived in Idaho, it represents!

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    55 yrs in DFW, never saw anyone but LEO. Of course the laws were different for a long time.
    Funny, 2nd floor of doc building is a medical 'refuge Clinic' with a Spanish sign, 'no guns allowed'. Refugees from Mexico can have guns?

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Saw 4 in the Fredericksburg Ace hardware a couple of months back not counting the guy at the few gun counter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WilyRobin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2024
    Houston Texas
    Open carry rare for civies in Houston. Lots of seemingly heavy "man bags" with older men? Saw 1 couple in Academy 290 check out. He had 1 rt hand OWB midsize auto. She had a heavy purse!
    Wily out!

GernKendy

Big Idiot? Me?
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2024
    Fort Worth
    Now that I think about it, I don’t think I’ve seen a single person other than myself OC my entire time here. Not a one.

Top Bottom