Gun Zone Deals

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Furking out of brass. I have some 9mm - of which I have thousands of rounds. .38's no, .45 ACP's no, .38's no, .357 no, .40's - for Mr. English - it's my tribute to him for his excellent posts and will be delivered at Hicksville. Might have to go shooting this weekend and scavenge the range.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Sized the .338 Lapua cases I shot the other day.

Measured them and they need to be trimmed.

Found out they don't fit the universal holder in my RCBS trimmer.

Sorted some other cases so I can get some loaded tomorrow.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I done something I have not done before. I broke my freaking Dillon XL 650:banghead:

all I did was load primers into the primer magazine like I have done a hundred times before.
    I got about 10 primers out and then nothing. I took the primer system off, nothing wrong... then I pulled the primer magazine and a CCI small rifle primer had become lodged near the bottom, but I had dropped the plastic primer indicator in from the top a couple of times trying to figure it out and I guess it made it stuck worse. I tried tapping it out from the bottom and the damn thing was stuck so bad, it stayed put and became deformed and Im totally screwed now and have to buy a new one.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I done something I have not done before. I broke my freaking Dillon XL 650:banghead:

all I did was load primers into the primer magazine like I have done a hundred times before.
    I got about 10 primers out and then nothing. I took the primer system off, nothing wrong... then I pulled the primer magazine and a CCI small rifle primer had become lodged near the bottom, but I had dropped the plastic primer indicator in from the top a couple of times trying to figure it out and I guess it made it stuck worse. I tried tapping it out from the bottom and the damn thing was stuck so bad, it stayed put and became deformed and Im totally screwed now and have to buy a new one.
    I would have to take a cleaning rod and try to smack it out of there. Eyes and ears on though.

You don't have much to lose at this point.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!

Time for a single stage press and primer press? This is what I use. Never fails (but slower that your setup I'm sure.)
    http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/14151

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Loaded up my last 34 .338 Lapua bullets. Concentrated on two charges that showed great results. I also seated the bullets out to match some factory ammo that I have.

May be too many variables but we shall see.

Tomorrow will show if I am buying more of these bullets or switching.

The Dave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    All over the world
    Took (3) .303 British brass, trimmed down the head of the case to chamber in a .410. Added a small charge of powder, TP wad cream of wheat and oat meal, then sealed it with a little TP and white glue. This is more of a test to see if it will work out before I commit to doing this to more of the limited .303 brass I currently have on hand

I'm not saying how much of what type of power I am using for the sake of safety. I plan on remote firing to fire form the brass for use in a bolt action .410.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Took (3) .303 British brass, trimmed down the head of the case to chamber in a .410. Added a small charge of powder, TP wad cream of wheat and oat meal, then sealed it with a little TP and white glue. This is more of a test to see if it will work out before I commit to doing this to more of the limited .303 brass I currently have on hand

I'm not saying how much of what type of power I am using for the sake of safety. I plan on remote firing to fire form the brass for use in a bolt action .410.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That sounds like quite the operation. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Top Bottom