Military Camp

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Dave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    All over the world
    Cut and dumped bird shot from .410 shells and replaced it with .34 caliber, .36 caliber round ball, .358 in various combinations looking for the best combo for my gun. So far I am liking the (3) .36cal round ball in a 2.5" shell but there is still a lot of work to be done. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439824794.508209.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DK Firearms

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I bought some Nosler blem ammo the other day and looking at it real quick I thought it was blem because the annealing looked odd. I shot some yesterday so I was sizing the brass today and found a few that look like this.

IMAG2944_zps3v36tmqb.jpg

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Plugged in the vibratory brass cleaner.
    Yep, its going back out to the building.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I'm trying to get more organized so I bought some plastic bins from the dollar store. My mom is giving me her old kitchen cabinets too. That should help.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I'm trying to get more organized so I bought some plastic bins from the dollar store. My mom is giving me her old kitchen cabinets too. That should help.

Old cabinets are awesome!
    I had to leave behind a set. Been keeping an eye out since.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Got bored. Loaded 101 9mm's. Not sure what to do with the last round. Maybe get a tupperware box like I've got for my .38's - then the ADHD people won't go all into a tizzy.
    IMG_03371_zpsvd1dpnnu.jpg

Gummi Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2015
    Arlington
    I have a stash of 223, 30.06, 7mm-08 (for Twerpy, my daughter), 300 BLK, and 35 Remington all set for hunting and shooting at the lease. Now I am trying to get some plinking ammo loaded up. Takes a while with a single stage press, but I enjoy the work.

I primed 300 rounds of .40 i will throw powder and seat bullets later this week. I found a recipe I like, using Titegroup and 180 gn FMJ. I've got around 3,000 pieces to reload.

I have completed the prep on a little over 2,000 of the roughly 5,000 pieces of 223 brass in various buckets and boxes in my shed. Deprime, size, trim, SS media tumble, debur, swage the military crimp, uniform the primer pocket and debur the flash hole. After another firing, I will anneal the brass. Mrs and Twerpy enjoy helping me shoot them up, so I am fortunate to have so much brass on hand.

I can sit at the bench with a cigar and a glass of tea and work on brass till my heart is content. Each time I prep enough to fill the FART, it is a milestone.

Gonna start a bucket of 9mm as a project with my little brother. Have a little over 3,000 pieces to load.

I am also intermittently working on a bucket full of 308.

Right now, my shed is a mess, between buckets of brass in various states of preparation and materials for the shooting tower my leasemates and I will build over Labor Day and get stood up. We have a clear 500 yard lane with a good backstop. Everyone is extremely excited to get it up, and do some longer range shooting without having to lay in the dirt.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately - Thoreau

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I did more loading today than I ever have. Don't tell my boss.

I loaded every 300 BO case I have. All of that time I spent prepping brass when I had a chance paid off.

I also loaded up some more 44 mag. I'm liking 19gns of 2400 but I loaded some up to 20 to see how it performs.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom