Lynx Defense

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Furking out of brass. I have some 9mm - of which I have thousands of rounds. .38's no, .45 ACP's no, .38's no, .357 no, .40's - for Mr. English - it's my tribute to him for his excellent posts and will be delivered at Hicksville. Might have to go shooting this weekend and scavenge the range.
    Hurley's Gold

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Sized the .338 Lapua cases I shot the other day.

Measured them and they need to be trimmed.

Found out they don't fit the universal holder in my RCBS trimmer.

Sorted some other cases so I can get some loaded tomorrow.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I done something I have not done before. I broke my freaking Dillon XL 650:banghead:

all I did was load primers into the primer magazine like I have done a hundred times before.
    I got about 10 primers out and then nothing. I took the primer system off, nothing wrong... then I pulled the primer magazine and a CCI small rifle primer had become lodged near the bottom, but I had dropped the plastic primer indicator in from the top a couple of times trying to figure it out and I guess it made it stuck worse. I tried tapping it out from the bottom and the damn thing was stuck so bad, it stayed put and became deformed and Im totally screwed now and have to buy a new one.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I done something I have not done before. I broke my freaking Dillon XL 650:banghead:

all I did was load primers into the primer magazine like I have done a hundred times before.
    I got about 10 primers out and then nothing. I took the primer system off, nothing wrong... then I pulled the primer magazine and a CCI small rifle primer had become lodged near the bottom, but I had dropped the plastic primer indicator in from the top a couple of times trying to figure it out and I guess it made it stuck worse. I tried tapping it out from the bottom and the damn thing was stuck so bad, it stayed put and became deformed and Im totally screwed now and have to buy a new one.
    I would have to take a cleaning rod and try to smack it out of there. Eyes and ears on though.

You don't have much to lose at this point.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!

Time for a single stage press and primer press? This is what I use. Never fails (but slower that your setup I'm sure.)
    http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/14151

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Loaded up my last 34 .338 Lapua bullets. Concentrated on two charges that showed great results. I also seated the bullets out to match some factory ammo that I have.

May be too many variables but we shall see.

Tomorrow will show if I am buying more of these bullets or switching.

The Dave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    All over the world
    Took (3) .303 British brass, trimmed down the head of the case to chamber in a .410. Added a small charge of powder, TP wad cream of wheat and oat meal, then sealed it with a little TP and white glue. This is more of a test to see if it will work out before I commit to doing this to more of the limited .303 brass I currently have on hand

I'm not saying how much of what type of power I am using for the sake of safety. I plan on remote firing to fire form the brass for use in a bolt action .410.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Took (3) .303 British brass, trimmed down the head of the case to chamber in a .410. Added a small charge of powder, TP wad cream of wheat and oat meal, then sealed it with a little TP and white glue. This is more of a test to see if it will work out before I commit to doing this to more of the limited .303 brass I currently have on hand

I'm not saying how much of what type of power I am using for the sake of safety. I plan on remote firing to fire form the brass for use in a bolt action .410.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That sounds like quite the operation. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Top Bottom