What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Tested some loads. A little slow but not bad for a 10 shot string.
    b293d3454c96ca3d1a1d73d42bc8db6f.jpg

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    Had the powder coat gun out today doing some tumblers, so as soon as I was done with them, I shot a batch of 250 9mm. I also tried some BBDT (dry tumbling with air soft bbs), and that was pretty much a failure so I just shot some clear coat over them and rebaked. Also shot some dark red with gold flake.

BBDT, some people can make those things look like they shot them with a powder coat gun!

f521f541db8e7cc6530ff7533766ad0b.jpg

Didnt look too bad before baking!

a1aab1ff78c640e519dd42629a87ec23.jpg

Looked like crap after baking

7ecfddf73c0e024668aa265dffa10500.jpg

Shot a clear coat over them just because that is what I had loaded in my powder coat gun.

8b61ce0c2a6e600b5ea93a83d81803e4.jpg

Shot some transfusion red just for giggles!

f53566a51fe2f3d95184a72d0c14b2c1.jpg

The real reason I had everything setup!

2438a92e62c943e98b7a7621bd421621.jpg

e976cc854e60d6f9afc9e9c123f538a7.jpg

867319dcf2e94b11788f2fd019e969b6.jpg

73f513426fca47f27f07af94e45fa240.jpg

404c2cde953bb1f0ac8b5991b581d8b3.jpg

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit....what a ride!"

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Last night I trimmed the new Winchester brass followed by a chamfer and debur.

Threw them in the tumbler to remove the case lube which was a big mistake. Media was old and dusty and they came out looking like range pickup brass. Spent and hour or so with a rag getting all the crud off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A & P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    Cleaned some range pick-up brass.

I found a lone 32 H&R Magnum. Who the hell shoots that?

Hopefully someone...we have a box of it on our shelf just in case. One guy asked if we had it but I guess he was just challenging us because when we said "Yes, it's right in front of you" he looked like someone just called his all-in bluff in poker. Had the same thing happen yesterday when a guy said across the store "You got any 17 Hornet?" Yes we do. Again, didn't buy it. Can't figure those kind of guys out.

Oh, and as for reloading...

Took 3 weeks to load 19 more rounds to finish load development for the 308. running 44.0-45.5 varget under 168smk for this set. 43.5 shot a .351 so that's the number to beat. Also, this is the second load in this set of brass. testing some Kinetic brass they sent me as samples. So far, looks like really nice stuff. They say it rivals top quality brass but for significantly less. Originally intended for OEMs but they just got a retail distributor on board so it might be available to reloaders too. Expect to find a nice node and then go reshoot it for confirmation. And will also run about 150 9mm reloads through some drills just because while I'm at the range. And shoot the AR so it doesn't get lonely. Too long between trips to the range.

Last edited:

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Couple of weeks back ordered a Lyman 310 tool handle.
    When I tried to screw in the case adapter it wouldn't screw in to the correct depth.
    The machined inset was off centered. So I thought I could "fix" it. I should of flung the thing into a creek and bought another!
    3 hours later with bleeding fingers I emerged victorious. Got the hole wollered out where the case adapter would screw in properly but I wrecked the case adapter doing it.
    After returning from the ER and searching the InterWebZ into the wee hours I gave up on finding a replacement adapter. These little things are not to be found anywhere!
    I tried calling Lyman several times. Couldn't get thru. Finally got a real person on the phone today after being on hold for 37 minutes.
    Lo and behold they had some. Ordered some spares. Now I sit and wait until they arrive.
    Jeebuss H. Christ I should of took up drinking.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Sized, deprimed, decrimped, cut to length and cleaned 100 pieces of .223 brass. I'd load it tomorrow, but I think I'll buy a new gun instead.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I'll make sure and do that right after I use a mass spectrometer on them to make sure they are all exactly the same type of brass.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Couple of weeks back ordered a Lyman 310 tool handle.
    When I tried to screw in the case adapter it wouldn't screw in to the correct depth.
    The machined inset was off centered. So I thought I could "fix" it. I should of flung the thing into a creek and bought another!
    3 hours later with bleeding fingers I emerged victorious. Got the hole wollered out where the case adapter would screw in properly but I wrecked the case adapter doing it.
    After returning from the ER and searching the InterWebZ into the wee hours I gave up on finding a replacement adapter. These little things are not to be found anywhere!
    I tried calling Lyman several times. Couldn't get thru. Finally got a real person on the phone today after being on hold for 37 minutes.
    Lo and behold they had some. Ordered some spares. Now I sit and wait until they arrive.
    Jeebuss H. Christ I should of took up drinking.
    Woth all that hassel you could have bought a real set of dies and been done with it. Wasnt this for 45-70?
    I'll make sure and do that right after I use a mass spectrometer on them to make sure they are all exactly the same type of brass.
    Dont forget to xray for cracks

Last night i setup my 44 mag flare die but had too much to do before i could use it. Maybe tonight ill make up a few rounds with 231 and berrys 240s

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

I have some cases to send you.

I never use extruded brass cases, only cases milled from a single solid block of brass. Once milked each pierce is hermetically sealed in a mayonnaise jar for ten years, 8 days, 47 minutes, and 6 seconds. Cases are loaded within 6 minutes of the seal being broken and fired exactly 527 minutes later.

southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    I have some cases to send you.

I never use extruded brass cases, only cases milled from a single solid block of brass. Once milked each pierce is hermetically sealed in a mayonnaise jar for ten years, 8 days, 47 minutes, and 6 seconds. Cases are loaded within 6 minutes of the seal being broken and fired exactly 527 minutes later.

What do you do with the mayonnaise?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Usually southpaw is the leading OOC judge.

You get the text about meeting this weekend for that brass?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    Milled up about half a lb of black powder.

8edd1e56ecd04b8afedf03be98bf48d1.jpg

Waiting on the corn starch to finish baking (making dextrin) so that I can mix it in! Then to wet, screen, and dry!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit....what a ride!"

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Staff online

• Vaquero
      Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    zepunisher
    Top Bottom