What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Might have to try that. My media is getting pretty gross and dusty though. Its the original stuff that came with my tumbler. Is it time to change it?

Last night i cranked out 250 40s with some plated bullets. I also learned plated bullets dont pull as easy as i thought.

Next up is some 40cal hitek bullets. Gonna try to work up a load tonight. Wont ve able to test them for a while though. My buddy wont let me shoot them through his glock. These are 145gr though and i cant find any load data for them with CFE powder.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Just about any rag will do. The dust gets caught up in the pieces of cloth. I've read about dryer sheet cut up, t-shirt...I use a cut up a polishing rag for the car.

I'm getting another bottle of Nu Finish. I had a little bit left from an old bottle. I read it worked and unlike drilling an iPhone. It works good. Scratch-X also works well. Tried it after I ran out of Nu Finish.

Last edited:

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Ive been holding off on tumbling some vrass due to the dust. Maybe ill run some through tonight with a dryer sheet then.

I tried so.e car polish a local guy told me about. I didnt notice much difference with it except my media turned a nice shade of green with it.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Dialed in my 2 presses last night. Got the pro1000 setup fir 40cal and have the single stage set for more 38s. Bout to be loading some hitek rounds for the first time. Set my seating and crimping for both calibers. Powder drop is already set for the 38s but i need to work up a load for the light 40 bullets. Might try that this weekend but my buddy wont let me use his gun to test them. Hes afraid of hitek in his glock.

Zombie loads?
    71d0bf0a065c20f5fae7e2ee5a20b044.jpg

Yep. Purely unintentional though. They just happen to be green.

On a semi related note i found my firing pin spring, and yes, it was right in front of my eyes the whole time... Gonna work up liads for the arisaka this weekend

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Since it was nice and cool today I went out in the shop and started building a new bench. Got all the wood cut, got the bottom shelf framed, got the top framed and got the legs on it.

I haven't had my reloading gear set up since I moved to Texas a couple of years ago. Wanted to get a climate controlled space put in the shop but just don't have the funds for that right now. So I'll set this bench in the garage, next to my lure building bench and start reloading again soon.

It's going to take a couple of days for my old broken body to recover from what I accomplished today. Maybe by the end of next week I'll have a reloading bench built and ready to go.

Hfrog355

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Got everything ready to stick a few hundred rounds of 44 Mag brass in the tumbler tonight for a nice solid overnight session. Should be squeaky clean in the morning!

Bumped this thread.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Bought a lb of titegroup. Hoping to load some .38 special 148 gr HBWC's before the family reunion on Saturday.

Anyone know if the the Lee seating/crimping dies from their beginners turret press kit do a good enough crimp for light 148 gr HBWC loads?

I'm a noob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Bought a lb of titegroup. Hoping to load some .38 special 148 gr HBWC's before the family reunion on Saturday.

Anyone know if the the Lee seating/crimping dies from their beginners turret press kit do a good enough crimp for light 148 gr HBWC loads?

I'm a noob

They work just fine. When adjusted properly.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    It doesn't take much powder. I think I put about 2.3 grains of titegroup under some 148 lead HBWC's. Factory crimps on wadcutters are usually kind of tight. I got Ben English to bring a couple to a Hicksville meet so I could eyeball them. He said that was typical.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    They work just fine. When adjusted properly.

It doesn't take much powder. I think I put about 2.3 grains of titegroup under some 148 lead HBWC's. Factory crimps on wadcutters are usually kind of tight. I got Ben English to bring a couple to a Hicksville meet so I could eyeball them. He said that was typical.

Thanks for the info y'all. I'll play around with the first few as for adjusting the die and see what i get. I only have CCI small pistol magnum primers as of right now. The only titegroup load i've seen was 2.7 grs for 771 fps in a load manual called "Modern Reloading 2nd edition" by Richard Lee, but i'll start off a few from 2.3 grains like you said and work up to 2.7 in increments. It's only a 2" barreled K frame i'd be putting this thru.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I went back and checked my log books - I've loaded from 2.3 to 2.5 grains - mouse loads for sure. The Hodgdon web site has 2.7 to 3.3 grains

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Thanks for the info y'all. I'll play around with the first few as for adjusting the die and see what i get. I only have CCI small pistol magnum primers as of right now. The only titegroup load i've seen was 2.7 grs for 771 fps in a load manual called "Modern Reloading 2nd edition" by Richard Lee, but i'll start off a few from 2.3 grains like you said and work up to 2.7 in increments. It's only a 2" barreled K frame i'd be putting this thru.

You might want to pick up the Lyman manual. Its a good one too. Its weird how the manuals differ from each other.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    You might want to pick up the Lyman manual. Its a good one too. Its weird how the manuals differ from each other.

I have a copy someone gave me of the 48th, i know they just released the 50th not too long ago. I need to get around to buying it sometime

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I got in my new Frankford Arsenal wet tumbler.
    I deprimed about 100 /45s and did a test batch and they came out very nice

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Loaded up the rest of my 38s tonight. Right about 270 of them. Going to see my sis in law in the next couple weekends and gonna have to try out her revolver.

Still need to find a 40 to work up a load though.
    I always thought that was weird too. Dint these people talk to each other? Or is that considered coercion?
    I got in my new Frankford Arsenal wet tumbler.
    I deprimed about 100 /45s and did a test batch and they came out very nice
    Friend bought that one. It has worked pretty good for him. I had him ru. Some of my x39s through it. It didn't really come out "blindingly clean" lime others had promised. They look more evenly cleaned than my dry tumbler though. Im too cheap to buy one still...

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Loaded up the rest of my 38s tonight. Right about 270 of them. Going to see my sis in law in the next couple weekends and gonna have to try out her revolver.

Still need to find a 40 to work up a load though.

I always thought that was weird too. Dint these people talk to each other? Or is that considered coercion?

Friend bought that one. It has worked pretty good for him. I had him ru. Some of my x39s through it. It didn't really come out "blindingly clean" lime others had promised. They look more evenly cleaned than my dry tumbler though. Im too cheap to buy one still...

I was amazed at how quick it worked. You have to use the SS pins along with some dish detergent and a citric cleaner like lemi shine

I'm pretty sold on wet tumbling now

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    Friday I got my first stuck case. Got it out Saturday morning.
    Before the stuck case debacle I loaded 29 RDS using the older wolf primers(more gold than bronze). Stopped due to above!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Getting tired of cut looking dents in my cases. I deburred the sharp, machined edge, rear of the ejection port on an AR. The sharp edge before transitioning into the receiver bump thingy.

The cases still dent but there's not a sharp edge gouge in the cases.

Top Bottom