What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I started to load 9mm with cFE pistol. Previously, I had loaded 223 with CFE 223. I turned down the powder meter but not near enough.

After cleaning up that mess I got going on the 9mm. It seems to have a small window of 4.9-5.5 for a 125 grain bullet.

Anyone else find find this to be true?

What do you mean? The best load for your barrel?

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I started using cfe pistol for 40 and 38. In the future i plan to use it for 45 as well.

After looking at the numbers i like the titegroup more for 9mm. Less powder + better velocities.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I got my new Lyman #50 loading manual and checked out the 300 Blackout data. Although the Dillon RL550B parts to convert to 300BO are found in my other caliber conversions, I'm gonna order the conversion and a stand to store the tool head on.

What got me cranked up, is the 147 grain loading that can use the Winchester 147 grain projectiles that I bought by the thousands. My hunting friends also want some hollow point or soft point projectiles and, as long as I stay around the 150 grain mark, there are plenty of choices to make.

I also have several thousand 168 grain Sierra Match Kings and may try them in the 300BO.

The rifle that I have my eye on has a 1:10 twist which is ideal for bullets in that weight range. The rifle has a collapsible stock but I'll have an A2 buttstock installed, instead.

Flash

Last edited:

TejasRider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2016
    DFW
    Does mistakenly buying a box of magnum small rifle primers when you meant to buy regular small rifle primers count as doing something?

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Does mistakenly buying a box of magnum small rifle primers when you meant to buy regular small rifle primers count as doing something?

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk
    Reduce your load a touch to check pressure but they typically don't change much.

TejasRider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2016
    DFW
    Thanks for the heads up. I was wondering if I'd be able to use them in a pinch. So for my AR, it seems to like 24.3 gr of Varget. Maybe back it down to 23.8 and work up from there?

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Yesterday i traded a rifle for a couple of lead pits. Today i took the used pot and fired it up. Its seen better days. Gonna have to work to get it going.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Started casting the last 2 nights. About 25 to 30 each night. Trying to get a feel for the process and getting used to the equipment, learning proper heat and all that good stuff.

I think my wife is ok with me casting and i think she will let me try the whole powder coating thing. I wo t know for sure until i buy the stuff.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I brewed up the first 300 Blackout rounds but the friends who will try the rounds haven't fired them yet. I have a .300 BLK rifle, but it's not ready to shoot, yet.

The Dillon RL 550B is ready for the .300 BLK but bought an extra set of dies to experiment on the Rock Chucker for test rounds. When I find a good load, I'll gear up the Dillon tool head. There are so many recipes for the 300 BLK, it's going to be fun developing the loads!

Friend Jim blew the whole top of a doe's head off yesterday morning with the 300 BLK. It is very effective on deer.

The next project is to get rigged up for .458 SoCom. It's an expensive round to load so finances have a temporary "hold" on getting this project going. Gonna buy the SoCom rifle today if things go well.

Flash

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Today i made the long trek to cabelas but found they were out if titegroup powder. Bought some win231 though. Seems to be a pretty universal powder.

Also picked up a box berrys 40 bullets to finish off my 40 brass.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Left a lot of brass laying on the firing line.
    Kinda the "anti reloading" thing.
    It didn't hurt as bad as it used to.

Top Bottom