What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    My Lee classic has a ½" opening for the primers. I'm a pool repair man and the little vacuums use a ½" ID tubing so I brought home a piece of scrap and secured it with a few ½" conduit straps (to keep the baby from yanking the tube around and sending thousands of spent primers in every direction....). I might have to get a clear tube sometime so they can see the primers as they go through the tube. I'll try to remember to take a picture if it tonight.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    My Lee classic has a ½" opening for the primers. I'm a pool repair man and the little vacuums use a ½" ID tubing so I brought home a piece of scrap and secured it with a few ½" conduit straps (to keep the baby from yanking the tube around and sending thousands of spent primers in every direction....). I might have to get a clear tube sometime so they can see the primers as they go through the tube. I'll try to remember to take a picture if it tonight.

Waiting for the picture! I've been wanting to rig up something that would keep some of the primers from ending up on the floor.

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015

ok, I have the challenger press and it came with the clear tube. I had to look up the classic press to see what you meant!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Waiting for the picture! I've been wanting to rig up something that would keep some of the primers from ending up on the floor.
    It's not exactly high tech... But I'll show it off.
    ok, I have the challenger press and it came with the clear tube. I had to look up the classic press to see what you meant!

Sorry, mine is the Challenger, not the classic.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Well, yesterday I loaded up 103 .38 special cowboy rounds just 'cause I was bored. Need more bullets.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I cast a bunch of .352 175 grain for my Winchester model 07 WSL. The accurate mould was shipped in a few days. Now I need some GAS CHECKS to get here from SAGE OUTDOORS. I got my LEE .352 resizer ordered. The 360 Dan Wesson cases are trimmed and resized to .351 WSL. Small rifle primers and a few lbs of 4227.

I'm ALMOST THERE.

bob

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    You da man. I love loading boring rounds. Got some funky ones that will make me smile more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse

b651e4de166da1bdb50e85e141a81d8b.jpg

a43e7725e402a3d27c9920ace7c90891.jpg

0c25d3c2ad0d45be911e2c0db5e902ed.jpg

The pool cleaner hoses come at 30 feet via 10 ft sections. We usually have to cut a few feet off each section. Just waited until I found a piece of scrap at about 3.5ft.

The mechanism didn't quite clear the tubing so I used the top strap to pull the tubing aside just a fuzz. Can't really see it in the picture very well but it's a little cockeyed. I snaked it around d to the inside of the leg and strapped it there so the baby couldn't get to it.

The tubing fit into the water bottle and I used a small piece of wire to wrap around the neck of the bottle and hold the tube there. The tube can easily be taken out and reinserted without adjusting in case I need to empty the bottle (haven't had to yet).

I don't have the on press priming mechanism so I had to divert the primers into the drop tube in the ram itself. You can kinda see in the picture I plugged it off on the open side with duct seal. It's kinda like playdoh but a little tacky and never dries out. I put a screwdriver down the hole in the ram first so there would be enough room for the primers to fall through still. Still get one stuck every dozen or so cases so I'll just slam the handle down and it'll wiggle it loose. Usually a bunch fall out at once. I've had to readjust the duct seal a couple times. 1# block at home depot for $3 though and I'm hardly using any. Plus I just happened to have it laying around. Have debated mixing up an acrylic mix I have to put there instead. Duct seal is pictured on the bench in the white plastic.

Mastiff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    Not as much reloading as it is re-organizing and cleaning up. At least I have my dust covers on the Dillon presses so they won't need dusting off. Seems like you never have enough room!

IMG_2850.jpgIMG_2851.jpg

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I setup my lee pro 1000 with some 45 dies. I need to dial in the auto disk pro for the round now. I havent used this thing yet but im kinda happy i can finally see how well it does. Need to pickup some primers this week sometime

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    When I load I like to load only one type of case. So I sorted all my 45 Colt brass I have accumulated over the last year or so between brass and nickel cases. Bought some Nitro 100 powder recently, I like to use that when I load 45 Colt. That stuff was hard to find for a long time.

Planning to load up a couple hundred rounds of that this weekend.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Today i tried out the new (new to me at least) lee pro 1000. I ran out a couple hundred 45 XTPs.

Today i also learned that progressive presses really are awesome.

Today i also learned what the trade off is to crank out rounds that fast. If you go too fast things get out of whack, plates dont index right, drops are not consistent, etc... If you get the speed down just right you can minimize the "operational adjustments" and really put them out. I was doing expanding, powder, seating, and crimping. I had to manually feed bullets but otherwise was cranking one out every 4-5 seconds. Considering my single stage would have been 5s/expand + 6s/powder and seat + 5 seconds to crimp, this was one hell of an upgrade!

Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston
    Those are pretty Dee! What caliber?

I ordered a Dillon XL650! Got the casefeeder on the loading bench just waiting till Thursday when the press arrives. Mhmmmm 500 rounds an hour here we come!

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Those are pretty Dee! What caliber?

I ordered a Dillon XL650! Got the casefeeder on the loading bench just waiting till Thursday when the press arrives. Mhmmmm 500 rounds an hour here we come!
    7mm-08 Ackley Improved loaded with 162gr ELD match bullets.

Shoot&Reload

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2016
    Austin
    FINALLY blew the dust off my good ol reloading stations. Then greased my barely used Co-Ax press (probably only 1000 rounds deep), relocated a couple Lee presses, organized my reloading tools/supplies, and now looking to buy my first progressive press (probably a Dillon) for hand gun ammo. I've been telling myself every day, for over a year, that I would get back into reloading (home improvement projects take FOREVER), but today is different. Today I'm doing something that I enjoy. God Bless America. Rant concluded. :)

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    The wife got tired of me occupying the bathroom and commondering her hair dryer with beer to dry my brass so I found alternative solution.

ff4af2b0c59269673a9c16d0d2fa46d0.jpg

Top Bottom