What Are You Smoking or What Do You Enjoy Smoking? (Pipe and Cigar Thread)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes.... I smoked the Alma Fuerte. I took an Alma del Fuego home with me. He didn't have an Campos...
    These are definitely above my pay grade.... good for special occasions, but I smoke daily, and certainly can't afford these every day..... ( come on, Texas Lotto! )
    Yeah, I probably have a stick once a month. It's very Zen for me, but I have 4 kids. My alone time windows are very rare.

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    Yes.... I smoked the Alma Fuerte. I took an Alma del Fuego home with me. He didn't have an Campos...
    These are definitely above my pay grade.... good for special occasions, but I smoke daily, and certainly can't afford these every day..... ( come on, Texas Lotto! )

The Plasencia Alma Fuerte - pic / review posted below (not my review BTW) - is a GREAT cigar, one of my faves!!

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    As earlier mentioned, TGT'ers are a bad influence, 3 of these arrived today. It wasn't the Sig or the LFDs!

Smokin.jpg

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Well well well… picked up this “hobby” a year or two ago. Was up to 2-3/day, I’m down to about 1/week. First bout with COVID made them taste nasty for a long time.

Will have to grab some pics of the stash later. Have a really cheap box of Padilla 1968 Black Bear and they are really good for the price point.

90% of what I love is going to be AJ Fernandez.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I'm not smoking as much as I use to but I will light up when I'm at the deer lease. There's a few cigar shops in SE Houston, I go to but I usually get my cigars online (Cigarbid or Cigarsinternational). I really like Montecristo Classic, Perdomo Reserve 10th Anniv. Champagne, Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real, and Diamond Crown Julius Caeser. Mainly mellow to medium cigars.

Reactions: MTA

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    I have found that generally Cigars International usually have a good selection and pretty good prices, ONE of my favorite suppliers, also like HOLTS.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

kbaxter60

Consider the Source
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I just finished a Grisham novel and a cigar called Lavos was central to the3story, as they supposedly come in actual wood boxes. Are they a real deal?

Also, for you pipe smokers, I was trying to recall my dear granddads' brand. Seems like it was released to British royalty, maybe? Pouch was red and black crossing pattern, IIRC. And it's been a long time. He passed around 82.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    Y'all will likely hate me for this once your wallet has blown out, but watch Cigarpage for Oliva, Pepin Garcia, Padron, and AJ Fernandez sales. They can be enticing, especially with the free shipping.

Like a 16 cigar Oliva sampler for $55 delivered sale right now. No dog rockets in the pack.

hornetguy

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    I second CigarPage.... they have some great deals.... some would call them "smokin' deals", but I wouldn't stoop that low, just to be punny.... :laughing:

They ship promptly, and for free.
    My favorites usually say "Oliva" on the wrapper.....
    I wish I could afford Arturo Fuente on a daily basis, but I haven't won the lottery yet...
    I just finished a Grisham novel and a cigar called Lavos was central to the3story, as they supposedly come in actual wood boxes. Are they a real deal?

I have not heard of Lavos, but there are a LOT of cigars that come packed in real wood boxes. "Standard" wood for cigar boxes is Spanish cedar, because it holds moisture well.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    This Partagas I tried today didn’t smoke much different from some of the new world stuff I’ve tried back home, though still a great smoke.

I’d stick to some of the other Cubans I’ve tried here that stood out a bit more.

If you ever find yourself in San Jose, La Casa del Habanos is definitely worth a visit. From my understanding they’re owned by Habanos and have locations across the world, so you don’t have to worry about fakes sneaking their way in like you would at almost literally every other cigar retailer in the country. It’s a very nice and swanky lounge, and Beatriz is excellent to deal with.

c9954f1defcc62fc761e90159831841f.jpg

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    This Partagas I tried today didn’t smoke much different from some of the new world stuff I’ve tried back home, though still a great smoke.

I’d stick to some of the other Cubans I’ve tried here that stood out a bit more.

If you ever find yourself in San Jose, La Casa del Habanos is definitely worth a visit. From my understanding they’re owned by Habanos and have locations across the world, so you don’t have to worry about fakes sneaking their way in like you would at almost literally every other cigar retailer in the country. It’s a very nice and swanky lounge, and Beatriz is excellent to deal with.

c9954f1defcc62fc761e90159831841f.jpg
    I always bought my Cuban Cigars in duty free stores in Muslim Kingdoms. The reason being selling counterfeit cigars is the same as stealing and if they were to sell fakes to the wrong person…….

Keeping both hands is a great incentive to only stock the real deal;)

hornetguy

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    I just cannot see paying the outlandish prices for cubans... for the same money, I could have Padron 1926's. I've had a few Cubans, and they were generally good....just not worth 3 times what I would normally pay for a "premium" cigar

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I always bought my Cuban Cigars in duty free stores in Muslim Kingdoms. The reason being selling counterfeit cigars is the same as stealing and if they were to sell fakes to the wrong person…….

Keeping both hands is a great incentive to only stock the real deal;)

Nice lol, glad to see their government really loves Cuban IP

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ARMSAGORA
    Top Bottom