What Are You Smoking or What Do You Enjoy Smoking? (Pipe and Cigar Thread)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    Just got turned on to Atabey the other night...handed a few out to the boys...they were a HIT!! The shop next door to Tap In - Ole Grapevine Cigar & Tobacco Shop has them.

0007428_atabey-misticos-tubes.jpeg

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    My brethren at TGT are truly fiendish, now I have been forced to order CAO Arcana Mortal Coil LE, Cohiba Black Robusto Maduro and M from Macanudo. Damn you all, now I'm gonna need scotch, lots of scotch.

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    I'll have to see if my local adult beverage store has it, for a small town store they have a fairly good selection.

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Right now I am sampling MaCallan 12 Double Cask. No smokes, I just wanted to see what it was like first. The first whiff of aroma reminded me of sweaty clothes after a hot summer day, I'm sure we all know that funk. But after letting it sit a few minutes in a glass that is gone. For me the taste ends with something that reminds me of cigar smoke. IMO this is kind of a harsh scotch whiskey, not really smooth as I was expecting, It may grow on me, but I am not really impressed with this. I really do not think I will buy this again.

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    Right now I am sampling MaCallan 12 Double Cask. No smokes, I just wanted to see what it was like first. The first whiff of aroma reminded me of sweaty clothes after a hot summer day, I'm sure we all know that funk. But after letting it sit a few minutes in a glass that is gone. For me the taste ends with something that reminds me of cigar smoke. IMO this is kind of a harsh scotch whiskey, not really smooth as I was expecting, It may grow on me, but I am not really impressed with this. I really do not think I will buy this again.

A buddy has a bottle of The MaCallan Anniversary Malt, 25 years, bottled in 1999. It's unopened, he's had it since the early 2000s....he's looking to sell it, if you're interested. Market value.

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    I used to drink a 5th of MaCallan 12 YO nearly every night when I worked as a consultant, TO MUCH STRESS at that time. I am sure there may be some garbled posts somewhere on TGT from before 2015... LOL. I did some of my best work then, one night I was working on a $55 million dollar project with a large bottle of Patron, damn what a ride that was... :evil:

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    A buddy has a bottle of The MaCallan Anniversary Malt, 25 years, bottled in 1999. It's unopened, he's had it since the early 2000s....he's looking to sell it, if you're interested. Market value.

Thanks for the offer, in all honesty, I no longer drink much scotch. This is the first bottle I have purchased in 2-3 years.

hornetguy

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas

See if this link works.

Granted it’s usually not this busy.

Yep.... that's him! I slid by after work on Friday, met Darryl, and about 4 of his regular customers. I enjoyed a very nice Plascencia smoke, along with a couple fingers of Maker's Mark, courtesy of Darryl.
    I like the shop... it is likely to become a regular stop off for me..

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep.... that's him! I slid by after work on Friday, met Darryl, and about 4 of his regular customers. I enjoyed a very nice Plascencia smoke, along with a couple fingers of Maker's Mark, courtesy of Darryl.
    I like the shop... it is likely to become a regular stop off for me..
    Sweet man! Plasencia makes a great stick. Campo & 146 are my favorites

Glad you liked the spot. The family and I plan on making a trip to Sherman soon. Gonna pick an evening and hang at the shop. Looking forward to it.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I like to try new things. I have a few go-to’s but I try to keep my tiny humidor diverse in brand.

Recently added 4 cigars a friend brought back from the Cigar Factory in New Orleans. They’re made on location from Nicaraguan Tobacco from my understanding. Haven’t smoked any but he said he liked the one he tried there.

a1792f49da0c749b06aca33925bdafd1.jpg

bc926c70c2ed7776ed9ca693f1f87bfd.jpg

hornetguy

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    Sweet man! Plasencia makes a great stick. Campo & 146 are my favorites

Glad you liked the spot. The family and I plan on making a trip to Sherman soon. Gonna pick an evening and hang at the shop. Looking forward to it.
    Yes.... I smoked the Alma Fuerte. I took an Alma del Fuego home with me. He didn't have an Campos...
    These are definitely above my pay grade.... good for special occasions, but I smoke daily, and certainly can't afford these every day..... ( come on, Texas Lotto! )

Top Bottom