• SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Thread has been cleaned up. Everyone stick to the topic, watch what you say, and lets not have a repeat discussion of some of the things that were said. Remember, this is a public forum that is privately owned. Publicly, anyone can see what you say, so choose your words wisely. Anyone repeating some of the statements made before, of a potentially threatening nature, is gonna get the ban stick.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    I believe that of the names floated for VP Ryan was the best choice because while the Whitehouse will do everything they can to provide distraction this election will center around the US economy. Ryan is the best suited candidate to make a strong case for removing the barriers to economic growth that the Obama administration and the Bush administration before him erected.
    Romney himself, though a smashing success as a businessman, has struggled to make a coherent economic arguement; his 59 point economic plan is all the evidence one needs to see that he (Romney) needs help tightening up what should be a very simple economic message. Paul Ryan could make the arguments in his sleep.

By choosing Ryan, it helps him in that any attack against him will lead right back to the economic issues, which is one area OZippy and company want to avoid. Aside from Thomas Sowell, I can't think of anyone who can take complex financial issues and boil them down to how they impact our personal freedoms. He's not the 'perfect' candidate (can't think of anyone who is). But a solid pick.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I like that Ryan earns his paycheck. The guy puts in real work analyzing the numbers and finding options and solutions. I don't like all the options, and don't always agree with him, but his numbers are the least "phoney baloney" coming out of DC.

He's a great VP choice because he'd be awesome at running the Senate. I can't wait 'til he's over Pelosi and the other Senators there that have lost all sense of reality.

Top Bottom