• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    There are what seems to be two parties within the Republican party...the party can't even get on the same side of all its own issues. Ok, so how is a party like that prepared to lead the country? Its already clear since the announcement was made that there is even a clear division between Romney and Ryan. So are we going to see a debate of Romney/Ryan for the next few days? For all of those in staunch support of Ryan, are you in the group of people who won't have their Medicare replaced with coupons? If not, how can you get behind the destruction of Medicare as we know it? You think healthcare costs are high now, just wait 20 years until its time for you to start looking at retirement, you won't be able to afford to retire until you are 75 because you won't be able to afford any healthcare?

I think it is very easy for young people to say YEAH CUT MEDICARE, well say that after you retire and then get cancer or some other disease that requires treatment. Also lets not forget that ALL of the politicians don't ever have to worry about healthcare being provided to them....

That is just 1 major issue to think about....I am sure the NRA is going to start to fire up the hype machine soon and tell you that all of our guns are going to get taken away soon too...

Simple: Just like Social Security, I seriously doubt that I'll ever see a dime of Medicare. I'm 35, and both systems will simply be tapped out by the time I'm old enough to benefit. Might as well shut them down, so I can start using that money to invest and try and give myself a future.

I'm sick of being ripped off to benefit greedy people. If you have a problem with me wanting to keep what I literally sweat and bleed to earn, then tough.
    Hurley's Gold

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    Simple: Just like Social Security, I seriously doubt that I'll ever see a dime of Medicare. I'm 35, and both systems will simply be tapped out by the time I'm old enough to benefit. Might as well shut them down, so I can start using that money to invest and try and give myself a future.

I'm sick of being ripped off to benefit greedy people. If you have a problem with me wanting to keep what I literally sweat and bleed to earn, then tough.

I have no problem with you getting back what you put in, but I haven't seen where that is going to happen if they overhaul the system. The money you and I have been putting in all of our lives is already getting spent. I seriously doubt that they are working on a LIFO system.

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    Your entire point is based on the BS "destruction of medicare".
    Much like SS, Medicare absolutely requires major reforms to work going forward.
    Without major reforms, it will continue to spiral out of control cost wise until the program has to be completely dropped due to insolvency, just like SS.
    Then where will those folks be who assumed it to be there for them when they need it?

Please in your infinite wisdom explain to me how Ryan's plan is not a destruction of medicare? Show me where the benefits of the system are to the USER, not to the government. The government has an income problem, they are spending more than they are bringing in, so lets solve that problem. I think it needs to start with a lot other programs before we start jacking up an already messed up healthcare system..

Also, here is one that everyone seems to forget...

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I have no problem with you getting back what you put in, but I haven't seen where that is going to happen if they overhaul the system. The money you and I have been putting in all of our lives is already getting spent. I seriously doubt that they are working on a LIFO system.

Which is why I don't want a simple overhaul. I both of them ended.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Missed most of the thread and don't feel like reading through it but will say this.

Romney is not my first choice and I know little bout his new best friend. However, I know Ron Paul has no chance, I know medicare and SS will end themselves if not changed long before I have a chance to use either, and I know that Obama has made it very clear that he is not concerned with constitutional rights and is definately apposed to 2A rights.

Therefore the only logical choice is to band together and support Romney.

And to those that are mad about 2a being such an important consideration in voting, what the hell do you think protects you right to vote, or any other rights you have.

To give up you 2A rights so that the government will take care of you is insane. Yes, that's exactly how I meant to say it. You are trading the right to protect your freedom in hopes that the government will solve your problems and stay honest, read some history books and let me know how it has worked out in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio

A'men brother! I'm tired of these powdered wigs deciding whats good for me. SS and Medicare are nothing but a tax anymore. People born after 1970 wont see a dime of either and what? The lying shit sack in DC will just say "oops.... We'll just have to start over again and charge you more. For your own good of course. Since you stupid peasants dont know how to handle you money we will. "

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    It wasnt too long ago that I thought all the talk of Texas seceding from the Union was stupid but I must say now days it does sound more and more plausible if things dont change real quick.

Ryan is a good choice and will bring the staunch conservative vote that Romney wasnt getting. Any man who thinks its a good idea to put his dog in a carrier on the roof of his SUV is a POS to me. But a man who openly shows contempt for the Constitution and the BoR is an even bigger POS. This election sucks, our only hope is that the people in the swing states have had their eyes and ears open.

Its really too bad California couldnt fall off into the Pacific, we'd(Republicans) would have no problem carrying the electoral college.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    A'men brother! I'm tired of these powdered wigs deciding whats good for me. SS and Medicare are nothing but a tax anymore. People born after 1970 wont see a dime of either and what? The lying shit sack in DC will just say "oops.... We'll just have to start over again and charge you more. For your own good of course. Since you stupid peasants dont know how to handle you money we will. "

One of the things that kills me is that people complain about military spending (about 20% of the budget) being too high, which I agree it is, but they often go on to say that the money should be piled into things like education, health care or Social Security. Problem is that national defense is one of the enumerated powers, while the others aren't among them. So why are we spending the majority of our national budget on things that the government isn't legally supposed to be doing?

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Maybe complete state bankruptcy should be made to remove all electoral voting rights for that state.
    Seems like a reasonable mandate to me, cant manage your own state, you shouldnt have say in how to manage everyone else in the country. I like that, but it makes far too much sense to actually become a reality.

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    I feel Ryan is a great choice and anyone who supports the Tea Party should be glad to see him on the ticket.

I am definitely happy to see him on the ticket. I just wish we had a guy more like him running for Pres instead of Romney. Not that it will make a ton of difference anyway. We could have Ted Nugget for president and the 2nd Amendment could still end up fucked if we dont have good folks in the House and Congress.

Maybe Ryan is is good counter part to balance out Romneys liberal bullshit.

I'd really like to see Luis Fortuno of Puerto Rico run for president. Not sure how that would work with Puerto Rico being a commonwealth and him being born there. That man has done some amazing things there. We could really take a lesson from him on economics. Not sure where he stands on the 2A.

Domineaux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Houston
    Is Ron Paul officially running? Or is everyone guessing that he will?

He isn't, but many die hard fans are refusing to vote or saying they will cast protest votes for Gary Johnson because he didn't win the nomination.

I wish Paul had been nominated, and I think he was cheated in many ways by the GOP and media, but I'm not a believer in protest votes/non-votes.
    I do think that the Libertarian numbers have swelled a ton thanks to Paul and hope his movement continues to gain steam for future position.

Top Bottom