• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I heard some of the speeches from Virginia today.
    There is some fire in their bellys! I'm getting excited myself.
    Capitol Armory ad

Domineaux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Houston
    While I agree with many who say he is too mild to draw a personality contrast with Romney, Ryan is a budget mastermind who can certainly help get our deficit under control.

Romney completes GOP ticket with Rep. Ryan, projects 'steadiness' | Fox News

He is also a hard worker and into hunting (especially bow hunting) and fishing (particularly barehand catfish noodling) and listens to Rage Against the Machine and Led Zeppelin:

Paul Ryan: Congressman, fitness nut, catfish noodler | Fox News

Now the major platform for Romney/Ryan 2012 can be a very solid on Jobs/Economy/Budget/Debt which are overwhelmingly viewed as the most important things to focus on currently.

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    You guys crack me up...if all you are voting on is 2A voting history, yeah the guy is a total winner. If you are voting on anything else he's pretty much a far right conservative who will mainly just reinvigorate that sect of voters. He is Sarah Palin with man parts and a smarter mouth.

Did you know that he used the Social Security payments received after his father died to pay for his college education? Seems pretty odd that a person who would openly support doing away with Social Security used it to provide his education to get him where he is at today...

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    You guys crack me up...if all you are voting on is 2A voting history, yeah the guy is a total winner. If you are voting on anything else he's pretty much a far right conservative who will mainly just reinvigorate that sect of voters. He is Sarah Palin with man parts and a smarter mouth.

Did you know that he used the Social Security payments received after his father died to pay for his college education? Seems pretty odd that a person who would openly support doing away with Social Security used it to provide his education to get him where he is at today...

LOL! So you're an Obama guy. You're funny. You Obama guys are funny.

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    LOL! So you're an Obama guy. You're funny. You Obama guys are funny.

I am not an any one guy at this point in the race. I am just a guy who would rather vote on the issues a whole instead of one side of a ticket or not. The people on the far end of both sides are crazy and they are the real kind of crazy...

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I am not an any one guy at this point in the race. I am just a guy who would rather vote on the issues a whole instead of one side of a ticket or not. The people on the far end of both sides are crazy and they are the real kind of crazy...

That's fine. You can certainly call yourself anything you want. I'll just counter by saying did you know that Obama enjoys and takes advantage of the very same tax breaks that he says he wants to end? And so does Biden. And so does Pelosi... Seems a bit hypocritical doesn't it?

I'm really not here to argue and really if you can't make up your mind after three and a half years then there is probably no point.

res1b3uq

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    I Agree !!! And one of the crazies on the far left, along with his entire staff, is now president.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Lol. All they 0bummer people have are negative attacks. This guy comes on here to say Ryan used his Dads ssi to pay for college. That IMO is shitty. If anyone calls out 0bumer for receiving fi/ancial aid as a foreign exchange student the 0bummer folks scream racism. They cannot run on his lousy record, so they use personal attacks.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Gripe about the selection all you want ....but vote for him. The ONLY other option is Obama!

I think Biden is fed up and wants to retire. I'm concerned that Obama will pick a wiz bang VP candidate and waltz into another 4 years. How's that grab ya? Do you think the US could take another 4 years of this crap? Learn to love Ryan!

Flash

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Without some REAL coming together of conservatives, Obama is going to get reelected. He has a crap load of support from the left and the media is doing their best to shove him back in office. On top of that... I am constantly hearing from conservatives who say they are fed up and don't even plan to bother to vote.

What the hell does it take to get "our side" stirred up if 4 years of the worst president in U.S. history doesn't?

WOW.

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    There are what seems to be two parties within the Republican party...the party can't even get on the same side of all its own issues. Ok, so how is a party like that prepared to lead the country? Its already clear since the announcement was made that there is even a clear division between Romney and Ryan. So are we going to see a debate of Romney/Ryan for the next few days? For all of those in staunch support of Ryan, are you in the group of people who won't have their Medicare replaced with coupons? If not, how can you get behind the destruction of Medicare as we know it? You think healthcare costs are high now, just wait 20 years until its time for you to start looking at retirement, you won't be able to afford to retire until you are 75 because you won't be able to afford any healthcare?

I think it is very easy for young people to say YEAH CUT MEDICARE, well say that after you retire and then get cancer or some other disease that requires treatment. Also lets not forget that ALL of the politicians don't ever have to worry about healthcare being provided to them....

That is just 1 major issue to think about....I am sure the NRA is going to start to fire up the hype machine soon and tell you that all of our guns are going to get taken away soon too...

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Comments from the libs on the MSM websites are freaking hilarious! This pick has got them scared to death and it shows.

They were scared to death of Palin, too. And Palin was the only reason a ton of people voted for McCain...

Why do I feel like it's 2008 again!?

Domineaux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Houston
    how can you get behind the destruction of Medicare as we know it? You think healthcare costs are high now, just wait 20 years until its time for you to start looking at retirement, you won't be able to afford to retire until you are 75 because you won't be able to afford any healthcare?

Your entire point is based on the BS "destruction of medicare".
    Much like SS, Medicare absolutely requires major reforms to work going forward.
    Without major reforms, it will continue to spiral out of control cost wise until the program has to be completely dropped due to insolvency, just like SS.
    Then where will those folks be who assumed it to be there for them when they need it?

Domineaux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Houston
    They were scared to death of Palin, too. And Palin was the only reason a ton of people voted for McCain...
    Why do I feel like it's 2008 again!?

Amen, I'd have much preferred a Palin/McCain or Ryan/Romney ticket...or even better, a Palin/Ryan ticket.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    In the last election, I remember Obama would say he was going to fix this and do that and I kept asking HOW are you going to do that and HOW are you going to pay for it? Romney needs an attack dog who will keep Obama's feet to the fire and KEEP asking those questions. Hopefully, Ryan will do that.

Learn to love Ryan. If you don't, you get 4 more years of Obama. Vote for a Tea Party candidate in protest and you get Obama. That's how it is in November.

Remember November!

Flash

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    ryan bowhunting..jpg Until 2 years ago I lived 30 miles from Paul Ryan and Janesville,Wi. He is an awesome choice, even in a district that goes democratic, he continues to pull in the votes up to 67% and never less then 57% of the vote. That's say a lot because his district reaches up to Madison. He is for conceal carry across state lines, supports the 2A, and A rated with the NRA. As far as medicare those over 55 will be able to keep it. Those other will get a new system and I can tell you it will be better not worse. Also if you choose to keep your medicare you can. The only way now we can lose this election is to have to many votes go to Ron Paul. Here is a picture of Ryan, I sure do miss our Illlinois and Wisconsin deer.

Top Bottom