• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I wish I could vote for Paul and inside I would want to, but I also know there would not be enough support because the non Obama. Oates would then be split and it would keep Obama in the white house.

I think he lost a lot of votes because many who support him didn't think he could pull off the nomination so they voted the next guy on their list.

I see no point in protesting by not voting or voting for someone who has no chance. Yes, my heart says Ron Paul but my mind knows better and I have to vote for the bigger picture and wait till the next one for another try.

As for shooting someone for their vote, one of the most immature things I've heard in a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    I spent 25 years defending the right of Americans to state their opinions, please refrain from trying to stop me from stating mine...

And I respect your service. Hence the comment about respect conveyed. I too, served, and while you took it as an attempt to make you stop expressing your opinion, you're deliberately ignoring the precise nature of the request. You are also choosing to throw the "service" card instead of confronting the logic presented. As I said before, directly inflammatory remarks, designed to do nothing but challenge people who disagree with you, do nothing to help our common cause. Considering your service, you should realize that you fought and defended THEIR right to vote for whomever they choose.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Just so we are all on the same page.
    Tx WILL go Romney. He will get all of our electoral votes.

I can vote for Mickey Mouse and it wouldn't change that outcome. One vote does not an election make.

If Tx was a swing state, we could argue it out, but we have the luxury of being in a conservative state that would not endorse the likes of Ovomit.

Sent without thinking via tapatalk.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Man's entitled to have an opinion... whether we agree with it or not.

Sadly a vote for Paul is a vote to keep Obama in office at this point. It's just a fact. Obama OR Romney are the only two people on this earth who have ANY chance of being elected. Poor Ron Paul has (and always had) more chance of becoming Miss America than he did president. It's another lesser of two evils election.

Might as well get ready for another 4 years of Odumbass. The conservatives simply cannot get their act together and see the facts. Pretty much done if you ask me.

Frankly... we can probably get more done in our favor by taking over the senate than we can losing Obama.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Oh, I agree - Romney is/was in NO way who I'd have wanted to vote for - but it is what it is. Either we stand together, or we'll go down the drain - and THAT is the message to sing from the rooftops!!

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Man's entitled to have an opinion... whether we agree with it or not.

Sadly a vote for Paul is a vote to keep Obama in office at this point. It's just a fact. Obama OR Romney are the only two people on this earth who have ANY chance of being elected. Poor Ron Paul has (and always had) more chance of becoming Miss America than he did president. It's another lesser of two evils election.

Might as well get ready for another 4 years of Odumbass. The conservatives simply cannot get their act together and see the facts. Pretty much done if you ask me.

Frankly... we can probably get more done in our favor by taking over the senate than we can losing Obama.

Those "executive orders" worry me too much. PLEASE vote Romney. Thank you.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I want to see this thread get back on topic... Who has opinions about Romney's VP pick? Other posts will be deleted from here on out as off topic. So type em all you like, they won't last long. These types of off topic arguments are what sunk the politics forum previously and I don't want to see that happen again. Repeat off topic offenders, will get a short 3 day timeout. OP deserves to have his topic discussed. If you guys want to talk about what statements serving in the military gives you the right to say, then start a thread.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I believe that of the names floated for VP Ryan was the best choice because while the Whitehouse will do everything they can to provide distraction this election will center around the US economy. Ryan is the best suited candidate to make a strong case for removing the barriers to economic growth that the Obama administration and the Bush administration before him erected.
    Romney himself, though a smashing success as a businessman, has struggled to make a coherent economic arguement; his 59 point economic plan is all the evidence one needs to see that he (Romney) needs help tightening up what should be a very simple economic message. Paul Ryan could make the arguments in his sleep.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I hope so... I know very little about Rep. Ryan. I do know I am tired of seeing lame ass GOP tickets put together. We need some of the brightest minds possible to help dig us out of this massive hole we are in. While I am not a Romney fan, I have to admit he seems pretty smart and has a lot more experience than our current President IMO. A few of my friends who follow politics more than I seem pretty happy about this VP pick.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I have to say Romney is growing on me. After all of the mud slinging that happens leading up to a Primary election it's easy for voters to be left with a not so great taste in their mouths about whoever is left standing. This Ryan decision, being the first crucial decision of his presidency, proves what he is capable of. I also appreciated the secrecy his camp showed around the VP selection which is something that the current Whitehouse staff has proven itself fully incapable of.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    Ryan is a great choice. He's one who has long been speaking truth about the condition of our budget. And his budget plan is the only serious one that's been offered. Serious in that it's devoid of gimmicks, double counting income, false assumptions, and unrealistic projections. And this talk of "destroying Medicare" was debunked not long after the OZero bunch started running that 'push granny over the cliff' ad. If we don't do some corrections to Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security, they'll be bankrupt before long and NO ONE will get any benefit from them. The reason we have over $16T in national debt is because no one is being honest about the condition of our governments finances.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hrrquest1000
    Top Bottom