Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I don’t think we are anywhere close to real nuclear war, but Putin won’t take me calls so I can’t say for sure.
    I think that's right; no one, including Putin, could rationally want real nuclear war.

But every time I think that's right, there's a small voice in my head that reminds me that sometimes the assumption that evil is rational is just wrong.

Short but worth it:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I think that's right; no one, including Putin, could rationally want real nuclear war.

But every time I think that's right, there's a small voice in my head that reminds me that sometimes the assumption that evil is rational is just wrong.

Short but worth it:

I’m a big fan of Peterson. Disagree with him on some things, but still a big fan.

My thoughts on the nuke issue:

1: Full scale nuclear attack from Russia would mean equal retaliation. I don’t think it’s a matter of being evil, just survival.

2: I only think Putin would go that direction if Russia were actually invaded and was about to fall. But I don’t see any circumstance in the current situation where that will happen. Latest coming out is that the Rubel is starting to come back and the West will soon be hit hard by the consequences of our own sanctions.

3: IF there is no way for Putin to leave Ukraine without some sort of gain he might go for a tactical strike against Ukraine. But I don’t think it would garner a nuclear response. Terrible, yes. But not a world threat. Worst effect is that if he goes that route and there is no response he will know what hand to play if he chooses to go after anyone else. It could lead to something further in the future, but I really think the West would just give up on Ukraine at that point and we would see a sharp increase in military spending from European nations and major expansion of missile defense systems, probably leading to another Cold War scenario where nobody actually wants to make the move that triggers nuclear response.

Never say never, only the Sith deal in absolutes, etc. I just don’t see it happening and really don’t feel that Putin’s actions are based so much on pure evil, but more the inability to get what he wants through other means. I don’t really think it would be good for him to get what he wants either(more power and influence in world affairs). I don’t believe taking Ukraine is all about some fear of western expansion though, aside from the fact that if a nation is under western influence then Russia is left with little/no influence and Ukraine is probably one of the most influential pieces of real estate to have in the region given its resources.

JMHO.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    So little there actually matches up with anything I've seen after a rather critical look at the circumstances.

It sadly has all the hallmarks of an internet chain letter:
    -Purported friend is an expert
    -Claims directly contradicting verifiable facts
    -Lack of verifiable facts of its own
    -Secret knowledge
    -Dramatic theme (NAZIs!)
    -Encouragement to share/pass along

Without a lot of facts I call BS my friend.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

No, absolutely not. I've known the Author personally over 20 years, and he has been telling me of the dangers of the "Donbass" region for over a decade. I thought he was just overreacting until this started. He is a very real person and a real Friend. Guy is a Graduate Mechanical / Thermodynamics Engineer in Baton Rouge. He worked on the NASA rocket "fuel cell seals" problem a while back and later did exhaust & acoustics design work for Ford Motors up in Michigan.
    leVieux

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    8843B8FE-E5F0-4D70-A140-79202589D998.jpeg

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    What really bothers me is all the 'expert' intelligence services guessing as to what is going on. Realize is just what is made public but 'think they used short range ballistic missile', maybe 'ship or AC cruise missiles'. I thought the 'China's worry about US aggression' as promoted reason for building military was real funny. Seems more like the commie regimes just like Dems, say whatever and expect it to stick. Our intel people seem to do the same. Latest report, 70% of US worries about nuclear attack. Really?

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    What really bothers me is all the 'expert' intelligence services guessing as to what is going on. Realize is just what is made public but 'think they used short range ballistic missile', maybe 'ship or AC cruise missiles'. I thought the 'China's worry about US aggression' as promoted reason for building military was real funny. Seems more like the commie regimes just like Dems, say whatever and expect it to stick. Our intel people seem to do the same. Latest report, 70% of US worries about nuclear attack. Really?
    I believe 70% of U.S. are over the whole Ukraine ordeal. The U.S. intel services are infected by leftist ideals, I'll take them with a grain of salt. Although I will trust U.S. propaganda over Russian, it ain't saying much when the bar is set so low.

ian

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2018
    Liberty Hill

Short but worth it:

Hitler was a non german commie spy who implemented a plan to destroy/ depopulate Germany and hand half their territory over to Russia.

Zelensky?

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    The hilarity of some of these comments is the only reason I keep coming back to this thread. Accusing the Ukranians of being nazis or even white supremacists is hilarious. Their president is a Jew, like me. You know how many times leftists on twitter have accused me of being a nazi? A lot LOL. Anyone who disagrees with you is a nazi, it's the oldest trick in the post WW2 argument playbook.

Look I dont want to get involved in Ukraine, I definitely don't want to go to war with Russia, but make no mistake. The Russians are NOT the good guys in this scenario.

The one thing we've learned is the Russians aren't nearly as formidable as we thought they were. If the US was to invade Ukraine we'd have conquered Kyiv in about 4 days. we're 6 weeks into this ordeal and the Russians actually got pushed back on the north side of Kyiv.

The one good thing this has done is it makes Russia look evil again and people don't hate the US as much, they still hate us, but now we aren't the primary bad guy. so that's nice.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Hitler was a non german commie spy who implemented a plan to destroy/ depopulate Germany and hand half their territory over to Russia.

Zelensky?

Is this satire?

If not, what evidence is there to support this claim besides the fact that Hitler is Austrian and they lost the war?

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Who's winning is kind of a silly question when Ukraine has an invading army on their soil.
    No, it isn't a silly question at all.

Did you even watch?

It is VERY important that Russia IS NOT winning and didn't capture Kyiv because long term several factors like western supplies will continue to stream in and influence the fight.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MWYBORNY