Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The previous CinC wasn't much better either, sucking up to Putin, Xi and Kim.

If you mean Trump, he had sanctions on Russia, was drawing manufacturing back from China, and was the first president in decades that didn’t pay of NK to stop fiddling with nukes (for a few years before they restarted publicly and demanded more of our money to stop)

Yes, he met with them. At times he was probably too generous in his words. But he definitely wasn’t sucking up to them. If anything he just messed with little rocket man’s head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    Actually that is incorrect. They were annexed into the USSR but were only related to Russia as they shared borders and cultural similarities. Poland has more of a claim on Ukraine than Russia does.
    The politicians and their shortcomings are a non sequitur to maintaining world peace.
    Surely you remember tales of the Mongols conquering much of Europe, Alexander the Great conquering the known world of his age, the Islamic sweeping of much of southern Europe, North Africa and the Middle East, The Turks?
    Lesson to be learned is a quest for power doesn't stop until someone stops it or they run out of places to conquer.
    Also consider when they conquer they gain the resources of the conquered - including citizens conscripted for cannon fodder - which they can withhold from everyone else potentially crippling countries they plan to conquer next.
    No, the politicians may be dirtbags but we still need to band together against would be dictators and their ambitions.
    russia is literally the least of our problems when our country has internal issues killing it like a cancer, but if you wanna fight the russians get yourself a ticket to eastern europe and have fun with it.

Brojon

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Austin, TX
    russia is literally the least of our problems when our country has internal issues killing it like a cancer, but if you wanna fight the russians get yourself a ticket to eastern europe and have fun with it.
    I think you're mighty short-sighted if you think so.
    Are you old enough to have lived through the cold war?
    Listening to Khrushchev say "we will bury you"?
    I did serve in the military and used to get CIA daily reports.
    Most folks have no idea what's really going on in the world.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    I dont give a **** if you were some master refrigerator mechanic in the military, Russia isn't who they were 40 years ago and their infrastructure is in such a sorry state that for foregin missions they rely on mercenaries and PMCs backed by russian funds. and kruschev like any other slimy politician was talking out of his ass in the nearly 100 year saber rattling that was the cold war. things have changed, its all about money and what corporate asshole is giving kickbacks to which slimy politician be it some PMC getting paid in rubles or the Azov battalion getting our hard earned tax dollars we could of used HERE for OUR people.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    You will have to excuse our young and naive "expert" on foreign relations and complex military matters. He thinks anyone that serves or has served in the military is whoring for big corporate America and the government.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    "...but if you wanna fight the russians get yourself a ticket to eastern europe and have fun with it."
    Why go to Europe? If WWIII breaks out they will be headed here along with the Chicoms, the Iranians, the North Koreans, the Venezuelans and many others from countries who would align with them against us. That ridiculous movie of decades ago, Red Dawn, may not be as ridiculous as I had thought, at least with regard to them invading us. That would be all thanks to weak kneed and feeble brained politicians.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Why go to Europe? If WWIII breaks out they will be headed here along with the Chicoms, the Iranians, the North Koreans, the Venezuelans and many others from countries who would align with them against us. That ridiculous movie of decades ago, Red Dawn, may not be as ridiculous as I had thought, at least with regard to them invading us. That would be all thanks to weak kneed and feeble brained politicians.
    Along with weak-kneed citizens that don't have any spine or balls to stand up and fight.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I dont give a **** if you were some master refrigerator mechanic in the military, Russia isn't who they were 40 years ago and their infrastructure is in such a sorry state that for foregin missions they rely on mercenaries and PMCs backed by russian funds. and kruschev like any other slimy politician was talking out of his ass in the nearly 100 year saber rattling that was the cold war. things have changed, its all about money and what corporate asshole is giving kickbacks to which slimy politician be it some PMC getting paid in rubles or the Azov battalion getting our hard earned tax dollars we could of used HERE for OUR people.

Ok, doing some basic math in my head here…first nuke dropped in 1945…first Russian atomic bomb test in 1949…so we can start there for maximum scale…USSR collapse in 1991, again to the last minute for maximum generosity…1991-1945=46.

How is 46 years nearly 100 years? And that’s being super generous.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    you really think the Chinese, and Russians, and North Koreans get along? they only tolerate each other because its convenient, and north korea only exists as a buffer zone for the chinese border anyway. and venezuela like any other country in south america is an economic mess and is imploding due to shitty government and cartels.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    Ok, doing some basic math in my head here…first nuke dropped in 1945…first Russian atomic bomb test in 1949…so we can start there for maximum scale…USSR collapse in 1991, again to the last minute for maximum generosity…1991-1945=46.

How is 46 years nearly 100 years? And that’s being super generous.

i was more referring to relations prior to ww2 with the "100" years comment (plus its a hyperbole, which doesnt really need too much thinking about) with the soviet union considering it was "founded" in 1917 but the cold war itself if we arent generalizing was basically east vs west cockwaving via proxy wars and dumping money to vaguely aligned nations or splinter groups, which in turn leads us to our metaphorical Gordian knot of bullshit politics we deal with today.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I dont give a **** if you were some master refrigerator mechanic in the military...

hammer egg.jpg

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    you really think the Chinese, and Russians, and North Koreans get along? they only tolerate each other because its convenient, and north korea only exists as a buffer zone for the chinese border anyway. and venezuela like any other country in south america is an economic mess and is imploding due to shitty government and cartels.

Do you think we really got along with the Soviet Union in 1942-1945? Or before or after?

We still sent them shiploads of aircraft, weapons, ammunition, and food. 17.5 million tons according to google, 94% coming from the US.

I’ll add that you need to be stop with the personal attacks. As with anyone else who may become a little too swept up in the debate. Disagreements are fine and we can all possibly learn something from each other. But attack the ideas, not the people.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    Do you think we really got along with the Soviet Union in 1942-1945? Or before or after?

We still sent them shiploads of aircraft, weapons, ammunition, and food. 17.5 million tons according to google, 94% coming from the US.

of course not, we had nukes pointed at eachother and the soviets had east germany pointing their guns at west germany, but all this hubbub about the ukraine today isnt what it would of been decades ago if the soviets invaded western germany, today russia invading the ukraine is typical post soviet russian aggression that is mostly about bullying its neighbors and "appearing" to be powerful when in reality the russian military and political organizations of today are far more content with shady undertable dealings with organized crime or large russian companies for that sweet dough.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    And SOME PEOPLE'S orange lord and master supports Putin's illegal invasion of Ukraine!

How almost 40% of the American people can continue to support someone who is obviously a Russian agent is beyond me! Don't bother trying to argue with my source. Multiple media outlets are reporting the same thing.

Multiple media outlets doesn't qualify as an ACCURATE source.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    of course not, we had nukes pointed at eachother and the soviets had east germany pointing their guns at west germany, but all this hubbub about the ukraine today isnt what it would of been decades ago if the soviets invaded western germany, today russia invading the ukraine is typical post soviet russian aggression that is mostly about bullying its neighbors and "appearing" to be powerful when in reality the russian military and political organizations of today are far more content with shady undertable dealings with organized crime or large russian companies for that sweet dough.

My point was that during war nations don’t need to be friends in order to join together for temporary mutual benefit, in response to your post that Russia, China, etc are not friends.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    My point was that during war nations don’t need to be friends in order to join together for temporary mutual benefit, in response to your post that Russia, China, etc are not friends.

Exactly. How many tons of weapons and supplies did the US send to Russia during WW2?

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas

the likelihood of russia and china joining forces is very small, im not saying it cant happen because life loves throwin' curveballs but the chances of it happening are s m a l l

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    All of these countries have one thing in common - Hate of the USA!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom