• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Fair enough, I guess I’ll trust the random and unsubstantiated Twitter post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Random twitter post"?

3 weeks into war and you do not know Zelenskky is on TV nearly everyday? He literally addressed Congress a few days ago. Addressed Israel this am, Canadian Parliament earlier this week.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    "Random twitter post"?

3 weeks into war and you do not know Zelenskky is on TV nearly everyday? He literally addressed Congress a few days ago. Addressed Israel this am, Canadian Parliament earlier this week.

Ok, and that’s unrelated to the Twitter post being discussed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    So I've read and watched video reports on Russia using a hypersonic cruise missile on a strike on one of the Ukranian weapons depots. Seems Russia wants to show NATO / "the west" that they do in fact have such weapons, and its being reported that Putin has ordered "nuclear evacuation drills" and has secreted his family away to their evacuation bunker.

For those who keep saying "Putin won't use nukes" - are you willing to bet your family's lives on that notion? Joe Biden probably is - your family, that is, not his.

The missile used in today's attack has a reported range of 1200 miles. That would hit any large city in Europe if launched from land. I wouldn't be surprised if that missile could be deployed from a plane or ship either. 1200 miles lets Russia hit Anchorage without leaving mainland Russia.

A boat parked 100 miles off San Diego could hit San Antonio, and if they're able to stretch a few miles more out of it - they could hit Dallas. THey could park 100 miles off the Mexican west coast and hit Houston.

Those that want to continue propping up Zelensky and prolonging the fight may well be leading us to the path of Russia showing that they will indeed use nuclear weapons. The propaganda coming out of this mess on both sides if beyond tiring, but I'm over Zelensky trying to guilt the United States into fighting his war, and expecting American soldiers to give their lives for his country, and for the American tax payer to keep funding that loosing battle.

Yeah, it'll suck losing 20% of the zeon supply - but we can adapt. A much more pressing concern will be the loss of Taiwan any way you slice it.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    So I've read and watched video reports on Russia using a hypersonic cruise missile on a strike on one of the Ukranian weapons depots. Seems Russia wants to show NATO / "the west" that they do in fact have such weapons, and its being reported that Putin has ordered "nuclear evacuation drills" and has secreted his family away to their evacuation bunker.

For those who keep saying "Putin won't use nukes" - are you willing to bet your family's lives on that notion? Joe Biden probably is - your family, that is, not his.

The missile used in today's attack has a reported range of 1200 miles. That would hit any large city in Europe if launched from land. I wouldn't be surprised if that missile could be deployed from a plane or ship either. 1200 miles lets Russia hit Anchorage without leaving mainland Russia.

A boat parked 100 miles off San Diego could hit San Antonio, and if they're able to stretch a few miles more out of it - they could hit Dallas. THey could park 100 miles off the Mexican west coast and hit Houston.

Those that want to continue propping up Zelensky and prolonging the fight may well be leading us to the path of Russia showing that they will indeed use nuclear weapons. The propaganda coming out of this mess on both sides if beyond tiring, but I'm over Zelensky trying to guilt the United States into fighting his war, and expecting American soldiers to give their lives for his country, and for the American tax payer to keep funding that loosing battle.

Yeah, it'll suck losing 20% of the zeon supply - but we can adapt. A much more pressing concern will be the loss of Taiwan any way you slice it.

The missile used in Ukraine was dropped from a Mig31 I think loitering over Russia.

Russia, like USA has all sorts of Nuke deployment platforms. It is not like hypersonic is first one and a game changer.

Russia will not go nuke to take Ukraine.

ian

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2018
    Liberty Hill

I'm really scared.... Not scared enough stay silent while a murderous dictator rapes a nation from his nuclear bunker.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Not trying to be an asshole here or anything I am genuinely curious because I dont see, what is the concern around Taiwan falling beyond them being a fellow democracy? I am assuming there is more to it then that

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Not trying to be an asshole here or anything I am genuinely curious because I dont see, what is the concern around Taiwan falling beyond them being a fellow democracy? I am assuming there is more to it then that

Taiwan manufactures about 90% of the most advanced semiconductors in the world. East Asia as a whole manufactures about 75% of all the semiconductors in the world.

There’s other concerns, but that’s the biggest since you don’t just build foundries overnight.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Taiwan manufactures about 90% of the most advanced semiconductors in the world. East Asia as a whole manufactures about 75% of all the semiconductors in the world.

There’s other concerns, but that’s the biggest since you don’t just build foundries overnight.

But turning Taiwan to rubble kinda defeats the purpose of taking Taiwan. I dont see China using the same takeover playbook as Russia.

ian

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2018
    Liberty Hill

And then there is the whole 'not wanting opressive regimes to kill, plunder and gain enormous wealth and power' thing.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

I'm wondering if that's more about a bunch of his oligarchs are getting tired of his boondoggle and want a change in leadership, as do a lot of other former KGB agents. Putin is very wary of guys with umbrellas at this stage....

kbaxter60

Consider the Source
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    How does someone "silently announce" anything?
    See: Biden Administration on most Fridays...

ETA: But has anyone seen a news release on that WEF story? I had seen a few blips about it and wondered if true. If you search using Bing, it comes up with a host of "stories" from small unknown sites. If you click the "news" filter, it all goes away. Very odd, even in this age of controlled information.

Last edited:

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    See: Biden Administration on most Fridays...

ETA: But has anyone seen a news release on that WEF story? I had seen a few blips about it and wondered if true. If you search using Bing, it comes up with a host of "stories" from small unknown sites. If you click the "new" filter, it all goes away. Very odd, even in this age of controlled information.

Yeah even DDG is censoring search results now…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kbaxter60

Consider the Source
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Yeah even DDG is censoring search results now…

Yeah, that's BS. A search engine really has ONE JOB. You would think they could at least get that right.
    Maybe a business opportunity for someone? A few have tried, but look how it went at DDG. Co-opted over time.

And, to clarify, I wasn't meaning to say that Bing was censoring. I really don't know if it's a real story, or not. It seemed like Bing WAS playing games with presentation/relevance, however. Either way, my question remains unanswered.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom