• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    My dad was in WWII and his attitude was that the homosexuals in the military were fighting and often dying for their country just like everybody else. He facepalmed over a couple that couldn't keep it in their pants and got discharged but, according to him, everybody knew who the homosexuals were and nobody cared.

It was war. He'd fight next to anyone.
    That way of thinking is paying dividends for us now

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    That way of thinking is paying dividends for us now
    I don't accept the premise of that statement.

The situation my father was in was one where homosexuals were expected to man up and blend in. Accepting them in a time of war under those strictures definitely paid dividends in that war.

But if you don't have the ability to hide your homosexuality behind the thick veneer of stereotypically toxic masculine aggression that's required to become an effective fighter, then I don't imagine you'd be much good to a rifle company under fire. So these days, accepting humans with penises who want to show off their mental illness by dressing or acting outrageously is an attitude that, to my mind, is a net negative.

WWII was an all-out war effort for the entire country, an effort for which many homosexuals gave their lives in honorable service. Our current peacetime official acceptance of officers who want to wear makeup and dresses and have their genitals surgically altered is something completely different.

Those two extremes are not even in the same universe.

I really don't think it's possible or even reasonable to try to draw a direct line between the two.

tekiwap

Fudds gonna fudd
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2021
    SWOK
    Polling among independents heavily favors republicans, for what its worth. And IIRC there are far more Dems up for re-election than Rs. Only need a few seats to shut down much of the agenda.
    I stopped being a Big R republican a while ago. They aren't any better than dems, and when they get in office, it's just a different group of grifters. I think they're worse than dems because when dems screw you, they're telling you. When Big Rs are screwing you, they're telling you the dems are doing it.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I stopped being a Big R republican a while ago. They aren't any better than dems, and when they get in office, it's just a different group of grifters. I think they're worse than dems because when dems screw you, they're telling you. When Big Rs are screwing you, they're telling you the dems are doing it.

“R” is a spectrum of political beliefs same as “D”. Unless you run on one of those tickets there is very little chance you will have a shot at winning. It’s just an advertising label. Not even sure what qualifies as “big R”. Doesn’t seem to have the same correlation as “Libertarian” vs “libertarian”. Republican vs conservative tends to match that frame of reference better.

Plenty of issues with the Republican Party as a whole, especially on the national level. But there should probably be some more qualifying in the statement of “worse than Dems”. Worse for the country? No. The Dems push far worse agendas than the Rs do. Some very bad Rs may be worse than some very moderate Dems. But when averaged out on policy there isn’t even a close match. When is the last time the Republican Party attempted to pass laws on hate speech (closest would probably be a bill on flag burning, and before that would probably involve Eminem), when is the last time Republicans as a United party attempted to ban semi automatic rifles? Both parties suck at border security, but the Dems actively encourage illegal immigration while republicans use it for talking points then forget, but tend to take some kind of action under extreme conditions like massive convoys from Central America heading north, even if it’s just so they can say they did it at the next campaign rally. Both parties suck when it comes to spending and Rs are scared to touch welfare because it would likely cost them the next election (culture issue).

Meanwhile, the average Republican voter is starting to lean more libertarian in terms of government policy than strictly conservative. This should lead to a “small government” minded voter base if the trend is continued and guided. Sadly, many conservatives don’t really want a small government, they want a government that will enforce their values. I don’t think that is the majority anymore though.

Regardless, any issues with government stem from issues with culture. You’ll never vote enough anyone to fix cultural problems that created the environment for shitty politicians. And the very nature of politics means that very few good people will want to be involved with it and even fewer of those people will be successful.

Best bet is to limit damage while working to influence things at a local level and let it spread. I have no problem seeing the faults with the Republican Party or any individual politician. But I’m also realistic about the world I live in. Dems spent 30-40 years creating the cultural mess we live in today. Republicans, or more accurately conservatives/libertarians better settle in and start playing the long game if they/we expect to really turn things around. We’ve got a foot in the door with people like Tom MacDonald hitting number one on iTunes challenging mainstream narratives in a way that appeals to a younger generation, guys like Steven Crowder creating entertaining daily shows and podcasts that are edgy and funny while still covering politics and pointing out hypocrisy in media. Tim Pool being center left, pro 2A, and disenfranchised by the left putting out hours of content every day showing the media lies and hosting many different views on his evening show, and Joe Rogan having the most popular podcast on the biggest streaming service. The tides seem to be slowly turning, but cultures don’t change overnight and government will always lag behind that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx

The situation my father was in was one where homosexuals were expected to man up and blend in. Accepting them in a time of war under those strictures definitely paid dividends in that war.

But if you don't have the ability to hide your homosexuality behind the thick veneer of stereotypically toxic masculine aggression that's required to become an effective fighter, then I don't imagine you'd be much good to a rifle company under fire. So these days, accepting humans with penises who want to show off their mental illness by dressing or acting outrageously is an attitude that, to my mind, is a net negative.

WWII was an all-out war effort for the entire country, an effort for which many homosexuals gave their lives in honorable service. Our current peacetime official acceptance of officers who want to wear makeup and dresses and have their genitals surgically altered is something completely different.

I really don't think it's possible or even reasonable to try to draw a direct line between the two.
    Many of G's think that the T's are hurting the gains they had made over years.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Screenshot_20220317-185115_Instagram.jpg

Dallas Texas...some business was paid to fly these Ukrainian flags at the same height as the US flag.
    Where did they get these huge Ukrainian flags? Did they run down to the Ukrainian Flag store in DFW and pick some up?
    This is just more propaganda to get the people behind another damn war.
    Zelensky just ask the US congress to basically get in a war woth Russia by enforcing a no fly zone..F him...
    We don't need to be involved other than humanitarian aid..

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    The purge of RINO's is ongoing. Few Americans would support McConnell, Romney, McCain, or any of the Bushes today, now that we all know who & what they are.

The "Blue Blood", "Country Club", "Old Guard" must be driven-out, as they were complicit in the undercover push to enslave us all via their "One World".

Plus, McConnell is one of today's worst CROOKS.

They must GO, and they must go NOW ! This may well be our FINAL "last chance" to save our Nation and our children's futures.

leVieux

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin

I think if you cant see the direct line that incremental change in homo acceptance that has led us from your fathers apathy to child gay sex education today, I think you are delusional. Every subsequent generation has been brainwashed to be more and more tolerant.

So your father was ok with gays in ww2, you are ok with them generally, millennials are taught its ok to be gay openly in society and gen z are turning into trannies. I wonder how we got here after thousands of years of not accepting this. You dont have children so I dont expect someone from your generation who never had kids to understand the grave threat homosexuals and their mafia in DC pose

Id rather be speaking German than live in this nightmare the west has become and I dont give two shits about any homo who died in ww2 or in any war. Thats one less child abuser recruiting children into their ranks.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Ask the NCAA and USAYesterday. Don’t like their answer, don’t support their product/business. It’s pretty easy to do, honestly.

Had you not mentioned either item, I would never have known.
    Easy for me but how do you tell your daughter to give up her dreams?

Womens sports will be dominated by men if something is not done. Decades of gains lost in an instant.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    The purge of RINO's is ongoing. Few Americans would support McConnell, Romney, McCain, or any of the Bushes today, now that we all know who & what they are.

The "Blue Blood", "Country Club", "Old Guard" must be driven-out, as they were complicit in the undercover push to enslave us all via their "One World".

Plus, McConnell is one of today's worst CROOKS.

They must GO, and they must go NOW ! This may well be our FINAL "last chance" to save our Nation and our children's futures.

leVieux
    You forgot the Cornyns and the Abbotts.....

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Easy for me but how do you tell your daughter to give up her dreams?

Womens sports will be dominated by men if something is not done. Decades of gains lost in an instant.

I would ask my daughter why she would want to participate in an organization that preferred to discriminate against females to the point of actually preventing them from being competitive.

Integrity is hard.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    gen z are turning into trannies.
    Your distaste for the current state of things is something I share, despite any impression I may have given to the contrary. For that misunderstanding, I apologize. Beyond that, I propose we agree to disagree on a few things (though probably fewer than you realize). It would be nice if we could also acknowledge that at this moment Ukraine needs as many fighters as they can get, no matter who they are.

If you want to discuss it further, you're welcome to PM me.

This thread, though, should get back to the war in Ukraine.

On that note, here's another very short briefing from a really smart guy, this time talking about nukes, Russian incompetence, the Western response, and circling back around to nukes. It's worth the time to listen.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom