• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Apparently, there were a bunch of idiots who might have been willing to fight on their own terms, but weren't willing to fight or die on Ukrainian terms...

I wouldn't choose to go there in the first place, but if I was there, I would resist going into combat without kit and ammo, if I could find a way out like they did.

I'd have to be some kinda operator, or a desperate Ukrainian, before I'd be trying to take gear off my dead enemies, without gear to start with.

I'm not that guy, or this guy either...

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Apparently, there were a bunch of idiots who might have been willing to fight on their own terms, but weren't willing to fight or die on Ukrainian terms...

I wouldn't choose to go there in the first place, but if I was there, I would resist going into combat without kit and ammo, if I could find a way out like they did.

I'd have to be some kinda operator, or a desperate Ukrainian, before I'd be trying to take gear off my dead enemies, without gear to start with.

Someone obviously didn't plan very well. After all, what could possibly go wrong?

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Someone obviously didn't plan very well. After all, what could possibly go wrong?

Volunteers aren't being allowed to take guns with them - unlike a lot of PMC types. I've heard some aren't allowed to take other kit items like plates / carriers / personal gear - so they're going in hoping to be properly equipped, and lots of stories coming out about the "legion" members being nothing but cannon fodder, not being equipped, and the Ukranians not giving a shit about them.

Don't volunteer to fight someone else's war for them.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

Speaking of idiots.....

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

Reactions: gll

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Wish many would have the thoughts of irradicating the Cartels from Mexico as they do have thoughts of irradicating Russia from Ukraine. We have war zones near our border looking much like Ukraine.

I bet if Mexico asked for volunteers and the Mexican government actually wanted to get rid of them instead of being payed by them we would see some people heading south.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I bet if Mexico asked for volunteers and the Mexican government actually wanted to get rid of them instead of being payed by them we would see some people heading south.

I'm sure the U.S. could negotiate something with Mexico... but look over there in Ukraine! "oooo shiny!"

Reactions: gll

Antares

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2015
    Seabrook, TX
    Do you realize what a Godsend this Ukraine War is to democraps. It is consuming most of the news cycle everyday while giving the democraps someone to blame for what is happening on the homefront. Not only is the news not covering the border crisis anymore besides what to do with the Ukrainian refugees, they blame the gas and inflation on Putin. Now I realize that most people know that it was caused by fjb the democraps . The demosaps that watch cbs,nbc and abc who don't have cable or computers are being brainwashed into believing tv and the leftist newspapers.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Do you realize what a Godsend this Ukraine War is to democraps. It is consuming most of the news cycle everyday while giving the democraps someone to blame for what is happening on the homefront. Not only is the news not covering the border crisis anymore besides what to do with the Ukrainian refugees, they blame the gas and inflation on Putin. Now I realize that most people know that it was caused by fjb the democraps . The demosaps that watch cbs,nbc and abc who don't have cable or computers are being brainwashed into believing tv and the leftist newspapers.

Yup. Putin will be blamed for everything.

I actually saw an "I DID THAT" sticker on a gas pump today and was picture of PUTIN.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine

The "War on Drugs" has always been a massive but expensive failure.

The problem cannot be "fixed" without addressing its CAUSE.

After working in this area as a young Physician in South Texas years ago, and seeing so many folks hurt while many million$ were being "thrown-at" the problem, I realized that stopping dealers, runners, or the "cartels" is fruitless.

The entire enterprise is fueled by our "young urban professionals" who buy and use illegal "recreational drugs".

Until that group is the focus, efforts will FAIL, b/c the money will still be there.

But, politicians are in control, and refuse to do what needs to be done.

leVieux

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The "War on Drugs" has always been a massive but expensive failure.

The problem cannot be "fixed" without addressing its CAUSE.

After working in this area as a young Physician in South Texas years ago, and seeing so many folks hurt while many million$ were being "thrown-at" the problem, I realized that stopping dealers, runners, or the "cartels" is fruitless.

The entire enterprise is fueled by our "young urban professionals" who buy and use illegal "recreational drugs".

Until that group is the focus, efforts will FAIL, b/c the money will still be there.

But, politicians are in control, and refuse to do what needs to be done.

leVieux

Well, I agree with you here I think.

Like most problems, you have to change the culture. You can’t just legislate or rule something away.

The left really figured this out long ago. But recently they started believe there was enough cultural backing to cement their agenda in to law. It seems they didn’t have as much support as they thought.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yup. Putin will be blamed for everything.

I actually saw an "I DID THAT" sticker on a gas pump today and was picture of PUTIN.

Maybe, but to many it won’t matter. Biden is president and gas is $5/gallon. That’s all that will matter.

People tend to not look that far when wanting someone to blame. Those that blame Putin for the state of our nation and economy would never consider anyone with out a D in front of their name regardless.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Maybe, but to many it won’t matter. Biden is president and gas is $5/gallon. That’s all that will matter.

People tend to not look that far when wanting someone to blame. Those that blame Putin for the state of our nation and economy would never consider anyone with out a D in front of their name regardless.
    2022 Election is not going to be the slam-dunk Republicans think it is going to be.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    American Goes To Ukraine: Doesn't Work Out As Planned

Imagine fighting next to this guy. This is a real post from a ukrainian government instagram page
    02CE5195-F4F1-4190-9565-4AF1881E8D5C.jpeg

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Blaming Trump for everything hasn’t done much to help Biden’s approval ratings, r the Dams in general. Not TGT any one in congress has a very high rating.

Polling among independents heavily favors republicans, for what its worth. And IIRC there are far more Dems up for re-election than Rs. Only need a few seats to shut down much of the agenda.

Nothing is ever a slam dunk. But conditions are favorable.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Imagine fighting next to this guy.
    My dad was in WWII and his attitude was that the homosexuals in the military were fighting and often dying for their country just like everybody else. He facepalmed over a couple that couldn't keep it in their pants and got discharged but, according to him, everybody knew who the homosexuals were and nobody cared.

It was war. He'd fight next to anyone.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom