• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    At one point, a US official (SedDef?) was encouraging Poland to do so. Then Poland called his bluff. Went up the US chain where Biden killed it. Editorial in the WSJ described this.

Blinken is most quoted. But there was no actual offer.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    "Secretary of State Antony Blinken on Sunday confirmed that the discussions"

Discussions are not offers.

"we are looking at how we might be able to backfill should Poland decide to . . . supply those planes,” Blinken said

"might be able" not an offer.

Notice who is not quoted? The only guy with legal authority to make an offer.
    Splitting hairs.

Admit you were wrong.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Flares on Russian helicopters are nothing new. It’s a pretty basic and boring defensive measure that doesn’t get talked about much, but not an advanced defensive system. Hinds we’re getting their asses kicked by Stingers we have to afghans in the 70s and the Russians adapted. Flares are no guarantee either.

I’d be surprised to see actual electronic counter measures on a cruise missile, likely very short range and unable to prevent an initial lock. It typically takes a dedicated aircraft to handle that role. Chaff and flare may or may not be effective, especially if the missile isn’t taking evasive maneuvers to avoid the strike.

HARMs are for hitting active radar, not cruise missiles.

Not telling what our real missile defense systems are capable of. Probably either substantially better or worse than anything the gov might admit. If you tell someone your true capabilities they will know exactly how to defeat them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just read an article that one of the Russian missile systems has a countermeasures rocket it releases. Chaff, perhaps jamming capability as well. Can't remember where I read the article.

US was surprised, but has been happy that some of the countermeasures rockets have been recovered.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Jesus Christ. They're some of the most modern MiG-29s out there.

Lipstick on a pig.

From your own link:

In the Polish Air Force inventory there are 22 MiG-29A and 6 MiG-29UB. Half of them were equipped with modern avionics and were refurbished and overhauled in 2013-2014

So just like I said "The Polish planes are original models with limited capabilities (some upgrades)."

Last edited:

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    And the basis for that assumption?

No Air Force is 100%. I think F-18 is only 80%, and that does not mean all flight systems working.

Ward Carroll covers this in his youtube videos. Great channel. he recounts how several times he went up without systems working. One time his entire radar did not work. All they had was guns.

Last edited:

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Just reporting what I am seeing on Telegram.

I have videos saved to my phone of Ukrainian missiles decimating civilians in Donetsk. Are you outraged about that too?
    "Some" hits on civilians are simply a result of bad intel, tech that didn't work or human error.

Its a fūcking war, GTFO or take the risk of getting smoked.

I judge neither Russia nor Ukraine for the occasional hit on no military infrastructure

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Four Russian brigadier generals have died in three weeks on the battlefield in Ukraine, Kyiv officials said, showing faults in Moscow’s ability to lead troops into battle. The fallout could shape the outcome of the war, according to Ukrainian and Western officials. The Russian military’s fighting style appears to have contributed to the losses, analysts say. Other factors include subpar radio communications and intense fighting, including ambushes by Ukrainian forces near cities. Replacing them with officers with similar experience could prove difficult.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    No Air Force is 100%. I think F-18 is only 80%, and that does not mean all flight systems working.

Ward Carroll covers this in his youtube videos. Great channel. he recounts how several times he went up without systems working. One time his entire radar did not work. All they had was guns.
    Thank you, Capt. Obvious. Tell us something we don't know.

"Very few" is a long way from 80%.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I prescribe prozac and a lotta booze for all you armchair warfare experts...it'll sharpen your amazing military skills and hep yew win more argy-ments...but I'd rather you jes keep onah fewdin sober-like, it's fun to read and provides great amounts of mirth.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Thank you, Capt. Obvious. Tell us something we don't know.

"Very few" is a long way from 80%.

You asked now you complain.

If F-18 is just getting up to 80%, Yeah I would guess very few are flight worthy. USSR was 50% on their best day in 80s.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom