Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Four Russian brigadier generals have died in three weeks on the battlefield in Ukraine, Kyiv officials said, showing faults in Moscow’s ability to lead troops into battle. The fallout could shape the outcome of the war, according to Ukrainian and Western officials. The Russian military’s fighting style appears to have contributed to the losses, analysts say. Other factors include subpar radio communications and intense fighting, including ambushes by Ukrainian forces near cities. Replacing them with officers with similar experience could prove difficult.

Wonder how many died on a battlefield vs clumsily slipping against a wall and shooting themselves after giving Putin a progress report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Just read an article that one of the Russian missile systems has a countermeasures rocket it releases. Chaff, perhaps jamming capability as well. Can't remember where I read the article.

US was surprised, but has been happy that some of the countermeasures rockets have been recovered.

Yeah, renegade linked an article somewhere in the thread mixed in with the F-16 V F-15 debate.

I was thinking of a different type of ECM, full jamming tech onboard instead of decoy pods, or whatever might be a better word. Interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    So now Slovakia wants an upgrade. Everybody wants an upgrade!

According to CNN, Slovakia has preliminarily agreed to supply Soviet S-300 systems if they are replaced with other systems immediately. The transfer isn’t yet assured.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    "Some" hits on civilians are simply a result of bad intel, tech that didn't work or human error.

Its a fūcking war, GTFO or take the risk of getting smoked.

I judge neither Russia nor Ukraine for the occasional hit on no military infrastructure

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    Same here, I definitely agree. Isn't it funny how western media doesnt care about the Azov battalion anymore? Neo-nazis are ok as long as they serve the narrative. What a crazy timeline we have stumbled upon

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    "The Biden administration is holding talks with Poland about a possible deal to help provide Soviet-era fighter jets to Ukraine, a White House spokesperson said.

The deal would involve Poland donating its old Russian-made MiG fighters to Ukraine, and then replacing them with the purchase of U.S.-made F-16 jets.

“We are working with the Poles on this issue and consulting with the rest of our NATO allies,” a White House spokesperson said."

They were "surprised" because the Poles changed their minds and said "Ok, we're in."

From your own article,
    “The deal would involve Poland donating its old Russian-made MiG fighters to Ukraine, and then replacing them with the purchase of U.S.-made F-16 jets.”

Nowhere was the US plan to be the middle man. The US position was (and always has been) to sell F-16s to NATO countries and other allies. The IS offered to accelerate Poland’s place in line for Vipers. Poland’s position was US has to be the middle man and was hoping for a no-cost deal to get Vipers. Those are two completely different plans.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    From your own article,
    “The deal would involve Poland donating its old Russian-made MiG fighters to Ukraine, and then replacing them with the purchase of U.S.-made F-16 jets.”

Nowhere was the US plan to be the middle man. The US position was (and always has been) to sell F-16s to NATO countries and other allies. The IS offered to accelerate Poland’s place in line for Vipers. Poland’s position was US has to be the middle man and was hoping for a no-cost deal to get Vipers. Those are two completely different plans.

Poland was reluctant to do the deal in the first place. The Biden administration put a lot of pressure on them to do so, and they called the bluff by saying "OK, we'll give them to you and you pass them on." Check some of the other articles I linked on the subject for that angle. It went from the US supporting the transfer to the US claiming it would be too provocative overnight. It's just more egg on the face of the Biden administration.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

"The Mig-29 was designed for a very specific purpose, to scramble, to take off, fly to a point and shoot-down enemy aircraft"

ROFL - Just another "expert" who does not know what he is talking about. I mean, WTF does a guy who flew against the Mig-29 know? Google search says....

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Oh, look, a manchild finds one source that agrees with him, and that trumps multiple sources that present the actual history of an aircraft design, including the original design requirements. Guess those losers at Mikoyan didn't know why they designed and built the thing the way they did.

Let it go, manchild. The hijack is irrelevant and it's over.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Oh, look, a manchild finds one source that agrees with him, and that trumps multiple sources that present the actual history of an aircraft design, including the original design requirements. Guess those losers at Mikoyan didn't know why they designed and built the thing the way they did.
    Welcome back!

Developed by the Mikoyan design bureau as an air superiority fighter during the 1970s

SOURCE - "The Mig-29 Family", Russian Aircraft Corporation MiG, 8 December 2014.

But of course you know more than the factory that designed it, and the pilots that flew against it.

The MiG-29 is a single- and twin-seat, air-superiority fighter/interceptor aircraft.

SOURCE -
    And of course you also know more than the foremost defense analysts during the Cold War when it was made.

Let it go, manchild.
    Name calling, what you resort to when you have lost the technical argument

The hijack is irrelevant and it's over.
    Attempting to shutdown discussion, what you resort to when you have lost the technical argument.

Last edited:

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Welcome back!

Developed by the Mikoyan design bureau as an air superiority fighter during the 1970s

SOURCE - "The Mig-29 Family", Russian Aircraft Corporation MiG, 8 December 2014.

But of course you know more than the factory that designed it, and the pilots that flew against it.

The MiG-29 is a single- and twin-seat, air-superiority fighter/interceptor aircraft.

SOURCE -

Yay, we've both found valid sources that support each of our arguments.

You crowing about each one you find is immature. But it's what I've learned to expect from you. It's not as if you've actually read any of the links I posted, but at least you've started making an effort to back up your assertions.

But...and here's the part you can't seem to comprehend...I've moved on. Meanwhile, you keep throwing out snide remarks that really show what kind of person you are. You have my pity.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    An interesting thought. Certain US plane drivers who have trained in the MIG 29 resign their commissions, climb into MIG 29s painted in Ukrainian colors and off they go. Worked well in China in 1941 - 1942. Not going to happen but is a good fantasy....

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Chips in cars were the result of a need or requirement brought about in some ways by the government interfering in the private sector. In this case, over the past few decades, the government required auto manufacturers to increase fuel mileage and reduce emissions. In order to meet those requirements the manufacturers had to go above what normal mechanical engineering could accomplish. They turned to chips that can make cars more fuel efficient as well as control emissions.

I agree this would probably have happened with or without government interference, but the only way manufacturers can keep up with the government requirements now is to rely more and more on computers. And now the government is pushing for electric vehicles, which not only use computers but rely heavily on batteries which use materials we do not have in abundance in America. And to make it worse, America's auto makers seem to be buying into it.

>

THIS: "Chips in cars were the result of a need or requirement brought about in some ways by the government interfering in the private sector."\

This could explain so many of our current social and technical problems !

leVieux

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    :pilot:
    giphy.gif

F-14 beats everything else

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    >

Meanwhile, back at the ranch. . . . . . .

It would be a lot easier to feel sympathy to the Ukrainian President Zelensky, given all the melodrama coming from my TV. . . . . . .

IF

I could just forget that he, Zelensky, is George Soros' "man" in the area.

leVieux

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom