• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Riksors

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2019
    Georgetown
    Can anyone confirm? Putin going to declare martial law.

Just another dictatorship move on a loosing chess game. Start of a decline it seems.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Isn’t he already a dictator who can do what he wants?

Not sure what powers martial law will profile that he doesn’t already wield.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Martial law would allow Stalin Putin to fully circumvent any semblance of human rights protections, and simply mow down protesters and imprison the survivors. I'm sure there will be some "emergency" and they'll learn there are "foreign saboteurs" among the protesters, all of whom are "on the payroll of Western intelligence agencies" to "spread false information" and "undermine the peacekeeping effort in Ukraine".

Once the crackdown happens, it'll sow so much fear the people will be afraid to voice even the mildest opposition to the government.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Martial law would allow Stalin Putin to fully circumvent any semblance of human rights protections, and simply mow down protesters and imprison the survivors. I'm sure there will be some "emergency" and they'll learn there are "foreign saboteurs" among the protesters, all of whom are "on the payroll of Western intelligence agencies" to "spread false information" and "undermine the peacekeeping effort in Ukraine".

Once the crackdown happens, it'll sow so much fear the people will be afraid to voice even the mildest opposition to the government.
    He's been doing that for some time now.

festering

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    sw houston
    .jpg

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    So, seems the initial Russian game plan was classic AirLand Battle doctrine with an air assault/airport seizure at Homstomel Airport, home to the Antonov design bureau, Antonov Airlines, and the AN-225.

Essentially two UKR platoons shot down 3x Mi-24s in the initial assault and 18+ fixed wing troop transports aborted the mission. So the Russians said fûck it, send the conscripts in on the ground.

Essentially the main attack was thwarted and the reserves committed as the main attack. Since log trains were planned for airlift, the entire plan was FUBAR the morning of D-Day. Log trains to support a brigade-sized force via airlift now needed to support 5x divisions attacking on the three axes. Counting on sympathizers in the south was a mistake, also. The shadow/puppet leadership sympathetic to Russia did not reflect local loyalties.

Huge miscalculations and a large reason we abandoned AirLand Battle as a doctrine…too risky.

Probably paywalled: https://www.wsj.com/articles/putin-...n-airport-battle-proved-him-wrong-11646343121

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    So, seems the initial Russian game plan was classic AirLand Battle doctrine with an air assault/airport seizure at Homstomel Airport, home to the Antonov design bureau, Antonov Airlines, and the AN-225.

Essentially two UKR platoons shot down 3x Mi-24s in the initial assault and 18+ fixed wing troop transports aborted the mission. So the Russians said fûck it, send the conscripts in on the ground.

Essentially the main attack was thwarted and the reserves committed as the main attack. Since log trains were planned for airlift, the entire plan was FUBAR the morning of D-Day. Log trains to support a brigade-sized force via airlift now needed to support 5x divisions attacking on the three axes. Counting on sympathizers in the south was a mistake, also. The shadow/puppet leadership sympathetic to Russia did not reflect local loyalties.

Huge miscalculations and a large reason we abandoned AirLand Battle as a doctrine…too risky.

Probably paywalled: https://www.wsj.com/articles/putin-...n-airport-battle-proved-him-wrong-11646343121
    So what’s he going to do now? Slog through until he wears them down?

I don’t see his pride allowing a withdrawal.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    He wants the Power Plant to shut off the power in winter.

At risk of a nuclear winter.

At this point, I’m willing to let Triple Canopy and other PMCs have free reign just to get decent weapon system video. Tell ‘em to the victors go the spoils.

I bet this shît would be over by Sunday with free vodak for all my friends.

Last edited:

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    It seems the Russians gave Ukraine an ultimatum on Sunday, unconditional surrender or we will level your cities. So that is what he is doing, wreaking havoc on the cities, while the West thinks sending more Javelins or Stingers or 7.62x39 is going to change anything. The Power Plant grab is just more of the same, turn the power off and cause as much pain as possible till they cry uncle.

Meanwhile dipshits like Kinzinger and Graham are calling for a no-fly zone even though 98.7% of the devastation is coming from ground to ground weapons.

eta

And now Graham just called for the assassination of Putin, which is illegal

I actually had to off on this one:

"No person employed by or acting on behalf of the United States Government shall engage in, or conspire to engage in, assassination"

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    This song was written way back in ‘98 by a couple
    of F-16 dudes I knew when we were deployed in Kuwait back then. It’s a great parody and if you wait to the last stanza, it’s about fighting MiGs…

Long story short I’m so unimpressed by the Russian performance that I just can’t take them as a serious threat to the West anymore. And if their cyber threat capability was as advanced as has been claimed, then why is anything counter to a Russian narrative making it to the rest of the world.

So, here’s to Dos and Tripp and all the fighter pilots….

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom