• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    <>

I usually disagree with you; but this is spot-on. . . . .

leVieux

<>
    Since you are clearly Moe, I was wondering who Havok 1 is and who A10ni is.

Maybe I'm wrong on who is who but the 3 stooges you 3 clearly are. Lol

Just kidding!
    A little Sunday funday humor there.
    DK Firearms

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    can the holhols and ivan blow each other up already so I dont have to hear braindead idiots playing armchair general all over the accursed internet blather about x y and z
    no one is forcing you to read other peoples opinions you could always just shut off your computer and do something else or find something diierent to amuse yourself with on the computer!

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    since I didn’t say that the US is forcing the two sides to not negotiate, why would I provide that answer for you? If you want a more thorough explanation of how bennetts negotiations were blocked, well, maybe Twitter can help you.
    Do you agree with Bennet or not?

Are you trying to parse "forcing not to" vs "blocking"? In the context used they mean the same thing "prevent" you have CLEARY and explicitly argued the USA prevented russia and Ukraine from negotiating.

Every single time you get pressed on a position you try to side step.

Going back only 24h you tried to say you couldn't imagine what an agreement between the belligerents would look like because there is too many secrets (totally not a realistic argument) and here you have tried to say you don't think the US prevented negotiations when for the last few weeks or months you've been making the position that the US prevent led negotiations the hill you would fight and die on.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    Such an informed opinion there...

Wars are insanely expensive and as long as we are sending our taxes overseas I am OK with it going to Ukraine.

Yeah...

I've had my fill of my property, the property of my children, and the property of my grandchildren being confiscated through force to be pissed away on shithole nations overseas.

Nothing is holding folks from donating their own property if they feel so strongly about saving shithole nations

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    So are we Oceania or part of Eurasia that's fighting Eastasia?

I'd much rather not throw tax money at endless wars.
    I'd rather not too, but this is better spent than the usual foreign aid...

I'd love for US taxes to stay in the US, but they don't and there is nothing we can do but direct the money to good causes like those fighting for freedom against an oppressive foreign invader.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Do you agree with Bennet or not?

Are you trying to parse "forcing not to" vs "blocking"? In the context used they mean the same thing "prevent" you have CLEARY and explicitly argued the USA prevented russia and Ukraine from negotiating.

Every single time you get pressed on a position you try to side step.

Going back only 24h you tried to say you couldn't imagine what an agreement between the belligerents would look like because there is too many secrets (totally not a realistic argument) and here you have tried to say you don't think the US prevented negotiations when for the last few weeks or months you've been making the position that the US prevent led negotiations the hill you would fight and die on.

i wasn’t in any of the meetings, or phone calls, but I would say that if Bennett was told not to continue the negotiations, that is much different than saying the countries were forced not to negotiate.

Do you think you have as much information available to you as all of the mediators combined? If so, then what do you think an agreement would look like based on that? I know that I don’t have that information.

I'd love for US taxes to stay in the US, but they don't and there is nothing we can do but direct the money to good causes like those fighting for freedom against an oppressive foreign invader.

You say that like this isn’t in addition to the other foreign aid.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx

That's your take, not mine.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    i wasn’t in any of the meetings, or phone calls, but I would say that if Bennett was told not to continue the negotiations, that is much different than saying the countries were forced not to negotiate.

Do you think you have as much information available to you as all of the mediators combined? If so, then what do you think an agreement would look like based on that? I know that I don’t have that information.

I don't think there is much that is secret or not public regarding the causes or goals of the two parties. Is there so back door dealings? Sure, there always are, but I don't see where anyone blocked or prevented negotiations.

I still think Bennet is trying to save face. He would have been held in great esteem had he managed a deal of just about any sort between the two groups and I suspect he would rather blame an outside force rather and claim he had a 50/50 chance to work a deal than admit it was about 1000:1 that he could even get them to sit in the same room.

I cannot imagine any back door dealings that could have put pressure on either party to sit down. The USA was scared of russia and our weak foreign policy emboldened russia to make the attack in the first place (imo).

If we look at the problem as a "how do we get them to sit down together" how would we have done it? Make military aid conditional on having talked? Threaten russia with blowing up a pipeline or giving tanks and aircraft to Ukraine if they don't try? If the parties wanted to talk, their would be negotiators lining up to try their hand.

I think it would have taken SIGNIFICANT political pressure to get anyone to talk and don't think the absence of that pressure constitutes blocking the talks. I don't think talks should happen anymore than we should have negotiated a surrender with Germany or Japan. A war of conquest should not end with a negotiated peace with the aggressor, it should end with the aggressor so bled out so they can't threaten anyone else for generations.

My stance is and has been it was not (and still is not) reasonable to think an agreement of any sort was possible for Bennet or anyone else.

When two bros actually start slugging it out, you can't get them to stop right away and if one is antifa I'm going to try to hand the other guy some brass knuckles as opposed to holding him back from pounding the shit out of the guy who started it and is antifa.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    since I didn’t say that the US is forcing the two sides to not negotiate, why would I provide that answer for you? If you want a more thorough explanation of how bennetts negotiations were blocked, well, maybe Twitter can help you.
    I don't twitter. That's your source, not mine. You are the one that thinks twitter users can better interpret a speaker than the speaker can.
    And yeah, you did. Several times.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Because it's not a Europe problem, it's a freedom/oppression problem

It's obvious by your avatar whose side you're on. I'm American, and America comes first with me. At least you can point to one aspect where the Biden Administration got it right, I can't.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    Because it's not a Europe problem, it's a freedom/oppression problem

my guy, it isn't, we literally astroturfed their current government in Ukraine, and we are using Ukraine as a proxy to make Russia weaker (not like they were strong enough to begin with) and destabilize Ukraine in the process whilst increasing memberships to NATO.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    my guy, it isn't, we literally astroturfed their current government in Ukraine, and we are using Ukraine as a proxy to make Russia weaker (not like they were strong enough to begin with) and destabilize Ukraine in the process whilst increasing memberships to NATO.
    <>

Everyone who was watching OAN News 7 or 8 years ago saw what the Obama/Biden Regime did to the legit Ukrainian Government back then.

It was a criminal sh-t show, all in public !

Zero doubt that Biden was a crook, even way back then !

Ukraine was NEVER our ally, never; why are we “responsible” for them now ?

leVieux

<>

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom