• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Yes, it does. He explicity states that those were not his words, it was mistranslated, and what he actually said was that the US did not have much confidence in his efforts. He then states that it was the discovery of war crimes commited in Bucha that scuttled the talks.

If you were to watch the video I linked to when this whole discussion started and actually read the translation there, you'd see. Of if you actually read the article you linked to .But when you do you seem to be providing your own narrative instead of comprehending the information that's presented, which teaches you nothing.
    No he doesn’t. The article is not about the original interview, it is about what was posted on Twitter.
    Havok, have you considered that there might be a reason nobody else can see or hear Benet saying the things you think he's saying? You know, on those occasions that you're not insisting that it's not Benet you've been talking about when you refer to him as "Benet"?
    Nobody else? What I have said is the same as what was reported around the world, including the Israeli media.
    I have a serious question.

What agreement could have been reached?

What agreement would you have suggested or could you see being suggested?

Both sides were and are in STRONG political positions at their respective homes for the status quo. russia finds political advantage in trying to capture/destroy Ukriane while Ukriane finds political strength in pushing russia to pre-2014 internationally recognized borders, like 80% of Ukriane supports that at all costs...

Negotiations do have a cost. They can make you appear weak to your enemies and worse, to your friends and countrymen. Should we have negotiated with Japan after they took the Philippines, Wake and attacked Pearl Harbor? NO! And we shouldn't try to force others to negotiate when we, in a similar circumstance would not be willing to.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk
    Maybe you should ask Bennet? Him attempting to negotiate does not make him appear weak. Not sure how you think bennet offering to be a mediator is the same as forcing negotiations.
    Texas SOT

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Nobody else? What I have said is the same as what was reported around the world, including the Israeli media.

Point me to one place in this discussion where ANYONE has seen or heard Benet say the things you say he's saying. The things you even claim he's saying in the interview I linked, which you later claimed I never linked.

And if there are so many that are still claiming he said it, link to one - but link to one AFTER the interview where Benet says he was mistranslated. Or link to one in the Israeli press. Offer proof, other than claiming that proof others post doesn't say what it clearly says.

That, or stop the pathetic gaslighting attempts.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Maybe you should ask Bennet? Him attempting to negotiate does not make him appear weak. Not sure how you think bennet offering to be a mediator is the same as forcing negotiations.

There goes that lack of reading comprehension again. Cycleguy wasn't talking about Benet - because Benet was not one of the parties who might negotiate. MEDIATING negotiations is not the same as PARTICIPATING in them.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Gamblerlooarkadyhillbillyhavok1 indeed.

Just ignore him into the irrelevance he deserves. I'm actually impressed he can keep up with all the circles he's talked. The answering a question with a discussion of a completely different topic and mental gymnastics worthy of Olympic gold to be sure.

If no one responds maybe he will start a blog from behind the curtain.

I don't think his screen name is plucked from thin air.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Point me to one place in this discussion where ANYONE has seen or heard Benet say the things you say he's saying. The things you even claim he's saying in the interview I linked, which you later claimed I never linked.

And if there are so many that are still claiming he said it, link to one - but link to one AFTER the interview where Benet says he was mistranslated. Or link to one in the Israeli press. Offer proof, other than claiming that proof others post doesn't say what it clearly says.

That, or stop the pathetic gaslighting attempts.
    The link that you shared, which I reshared, stated exactly what I said. Not my fault you can’t read it.

Bennetts own page is where the interview was posted that you said is mistranslated. Seems that everyone but you translated it the same way, regardless of what country they were in.
    There goes that lack of reading comprehension again. Cycleguy wasn't talking about Benet - because Benet was not one of the parties who might negotiate. MEDIATING negotiations is not the same as PARTICIPATING in them.
    i know he was the mediator. Remember, I was the one who first told you that.

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    It’s difficult to have meaningful conversation, and a waste of time to post links when people keep arguing because they don’t understand the difference between a link that says the tweets are wrong vs the original interview was wrong.
    If its so "difficult" and "a waste of time", why are you here?

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Giving up. You can't talk sense to someone who intentionally lives in his own dreamworld where no matter what information is clearly presented, it can only agree with what he invents.

Meanwhile in the real world, looks like Ukraine is liberating villages but making very slow progress. It's telling that, while the Russians are crowing about destroying hundreds of Ukrainian vehicles, they show proof of only one tank and a handful of Bradleys that got ambushed in a minefield over a week ago.

Hmm...making grandiose claims but offering no real proof...where have I seen that recently...

Anyway. From what I've read, not only is Ukraine eager to get some F-16s into their inventory, they're also looking at Australia's surplus F/A-18C's (relatively low flight hours, no carrier ops), but they've sent a cadre to Sweden to evaluate Saab Gripens. Gripens would likely be more of a "further down the road" purchase since there aren't really any surplus Gripens out there and Saab is already producing new ones about as fast as they can for current customers.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Giving up. You can't talk sense to someone who intentionally lives in his own dreamworld where no matter what information is clearly presented, it can only agree with what he invents.

Meanwhile in the real world, looks like Ukraine is liberating villages but making very slow progress. It's telling that, while the Russians are crowing about destroying hundreds of Ukrainian vehicles, they show proof of only one tank and a handful of Bradleys that got ambushed in a minefield over a week ago.

Hmm...making grandiose claims but offering no real proof...where have I seen that recently...

Anyway. From what I've read, not only is Ukraine eager to get some F-16s into their inventory, they're also looking at Australia's surplus F/A-18C's (relatively low flight hours, no carrier ops), but they've sent a cadre to Sweden to evaluate Saab Gripens. Gripens would likely be more of a "further down the road" purchase since there aren't really any surplus Gripens out there and Saab is already producing new ones about as fast as they can for current customers.
    I’m glad you recognize your flaw. That’s the first step toward improving.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I’m glad you recognize your flaw. That’s the first step toward improving.

Yes, I recognize that trying to talk you down is a worthless exercise and you'll never see reason or fact, or show the slightest hint of reading comprehension.

Now stop with the grade-school word games trying to one-up me. You have proven beyond a doubt that you have at best a passing relationship with reality, and you are certainly someone I would avoid interacting with in the real world because you simply are not worth putting that much effort into.

You are the last person on this forum who should attempt to point out any "flaw" in any other member.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    can the holhols and ivan blow each other up already so I dont have to hear braindead idiots playing armchair general all over the accursed internet blather about x y and z

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    No he doesn’t. The article is not about the original interview, it is about what was posted on Twitter.

What's Bennet's handle so I can @ him and ask.

My question was serious. You're an intelligent guy and seem to think Ukraine and Russia can or should come to an agreement and I really am curious what you think that could like like. I'm not trying to bait you into anything or trap you, just curious...

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    What's Bennet's handle so I can @ him and ask.

My question was serious. You're an intelligent guy and seem to think Ukraine and Russia can or should come to an agreement and I really am curious what you think that could like like. I'm not trying to bait you into anything or trap you, just curious...

It’s hard to say what the result would look like since i doubt the information that has been made public explains all of the details about all the talks, but something led Bennett to believe that there was at least a chance of reaching an agreement if he said he thought he had a 50/50 shot. Maybe he couldn’t have since nobody else has, but what stands out to me though is, there’s no logical reason to interfere with negotiations unless there is a concern that the outcome will be unfavorable.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Yes, I recognize that trying to talk you down is a worthless exercise and you'll never see reason or fact, or show the slightest hint of reading comprehension.

Now stop with the grade-school word games trying to one-up me. You have proven beyond a doubt that you have at best a passing relationship with reality, and you are certainly someone I would avoid interacting with in the real world because you simply are not worth putting that much effort into.

You are the last person on this forum who should attempt to point out any "flaw" in any other member.
    Havok1 trolling.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    can the holhols and ivan blow each other up already so I dont have to hear braindead idiots playing armchair general all over the accursed internet blather about x y and z
    1687038949426.png

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    I am still waiting to find out how the U.S. ended the negotiations and just how we are forcing the two sides not to negotiate.
    HEY,,,HAVOK1,,,, can you hear me now. Be specific and don't dance around this time.
    Maybe twtter can help you.
    Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    since I didn’t say that the US is forcing the two sides to not negotiate, why would I provide that answer for you? If you want a more thorough explanation of how bennetts negotiations were blocked, well, maybe Twitter can help you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom